Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Can we Use As Trade Capital In the Draft?

Boss7894

JT for a 2nd, if someone bites. He is not CMC and we can definitely do well with an RBC by drafting one more to go with Zach Moss.

Pittman would have to fetch a 1st for me to part with him, and I'd rather keep Pittman over JT if that was the choice.

55 minutes ago, atapcl said:

What about Granson?  Mallory looks like Granson’s replacement.

Ask yourself if you were another teams GM would you give up something of value for Granson?  Remember Gilmore brought a fifth round pick before you answer. 

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

JT for a 2nd, if someone bites. He is not CMC and we can definitely do well with an RBC by drafting one more to go with Zach Moss.

Pittman would have to fetch a 1st for me to part with him, and I'd rather keep Pittman over JT if that was the choice.

You think we just gave a new three year deal to JT which includes I think a $10 mill signing bonus to turn around and TRADE HIM?!?! 

This makes zero sense. 

What about just packaging future picks for a blue chip guy at a position of need?

I would personally draft another QB. They MUST get that position figured out and I personally feel like this current team, as is with all its flaws, with a premier QB, is a bonafide contender with some internal development and a few other tweaks. 

Sure they need some improvement on defense and at skill positions on offense, but the biggest upgrade they could make is still at the QB position. And there are some good prospects this year. I like Daniels a lot. 

I love Ant but his health is a concern and until we know what we have we should be on the search. 

If we wind up with 2 competent QBs, then we have a huge trade chip to further develop the roster down the road and recoup the picks qe give up for the QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

You think we just gave a new three year deal to JT which includes I think a $10 mill signing bonus to turn around and TRADE HIM?!?! 

This makes zero sense. 

No one is untouchable though I do agree it wouldn’t be received well in the locker room. Let’s say by some weird reason, MHJ is available at 7 and the asking price is our No.15, JT and a 2nd, would you do it if they’re willing to take the contract?

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

If someone was going to trade for Taylor and make an offer the Colts would accept it would have happened when they let him try to find a trade and before they gave him a new contract and would take a significant cap hit to trade him.  Taylor isn’t getting traded.  For better or worse the Colts made their decision on Taylor and he’s here for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

No one is untouchable though I do agree it wouldn’t be received well in the locker room. Let’s say by some weird reason, MHJ is available at 7 and the asking price is our No.15, JT and a 2nd, would you do it if they’re willing to take the contract?

Chad….   You have to know I like you.   We’ve been friends for a long time.   I don’t enjoy giving you a hard time.  

But I think you’ve “what if” this to death.  I think it’s hard to create a world where MHJ falls to 7 on draft day.   But I gave it some thought and here’s what it could take.   

Harrison shows up at the combine looking lean and mean, ready to go….   And then he runs 4.58.   His other tests look good to very good,  but MHJ doesn’t seem explosive.   He says he’ll do better at his Pro Day.   And he does, but not by much, runs 4.54.   Looks a little better but not much.   

Now there’s growing concern….   he announces he’ll do a special workout just before the draft for scouts.  This happens for special cases most every year.  And he runs 4.52. 

So is Harrison really not that special?   Or is he Jerry Rice who didn’t test well but turned out to be the GOAT at WR? 

I think THATS what it would take for MHJ to fall to 7, and even then, I think some team takes him before 7.   

Oh, and including JT will likely depend if the Colts have re-signed Moss.  Because if Moss leaves, then Taylor stays — period.   Full stop.  

There are so many what ifs, that you can tie yourself in knots.   This would be the longest of long shots. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

No

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Chad….   You have to know I like you.   We’ve been friends for a long time.   I don’t enjoy giving you a hard time.  

But I think you’ve “what if” this to death.  I think it’s hard to create a world where MHJ falls to 7 on draft day.   But I gave it some thought and here’s what it could take.   

Harrison shows up at the combine looking lean and mean, ready to go….   And then he runs 4.58.   His other tests look good to very good,  but MHJ doesn’t seem explosive.   He says he’ll do better at his Pro Day.   And he does, but not by much, runs 4.54.   Looks a little better but not much.   

Now there’s growing concern….   he announces he’ll do a special workout just before the draft for scouts.  This happens for special cases most every year.  And he runs 4.52. 

So is Harrison really not that special?   Or is he Jerry Rice who didn’t test well but turned out to be the GOAT at WR? 

I think THATS what it would take for MHJ to fall to 7, and even then, I think some team takes him before 7.   

Oh, and including JT will likely depend if the Colts have re-signed Moss.  Because if Moss leaves, then Taylor stays — period.   Full stop.  

There are so many what ifs, that you can tie yourself in knots.   This would be the longest of long shots. 

To to 1 to get Harrison 

18 hours ago, chad72 said:

i'm guessing we would have a big dead money hit if we traded him this soon after his contract...but I could be wrong

16 hours ago, chad72 said:

If I were the other team I wouldnt do that trade at any draft slot.  If I were the colts i would for sure

Getting him at 7 would feel like a steal if I had that pick already

It's a deep draft. And Chicago will get Harrison plus picks for trading down to 3.

Buckner would be very valuable to Eberflus so an early second for a 30+ in the final year of his contract makes since. We will not be a contender next season so there you go.

Someone can have Zaire also. His numbers lie a little bit.