Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bengals post game reaction

GoColts8818

Any game comes down to a handful of plays.   The team that makes the most typically wins.   The team that doesn’t typically loses.  The Colts margin of error is tissue paper thin.   We played OK in the first half and were tied.  Played like crap in the 2nd and lost.   It’s likely going to be that way every week down the stretch.  

Every week is pretty much a coin toss.  

Tough way to be a fan…. But here we are. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Shane is tough to figure. Some weeks we are very creative offensively with some cool wrinkles. Today, all vanilla. I get that Minshew is the definition of mid, but geez get past page 1 of the playbook. I don’t know why Downs has disappeared.  

I think with Minshew at QB, sometimes some great playcalling goes by the wayside. We constantly have open receivers that he just doesn't see. I definitely agree with needing to get Downs more involved again.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That penalty that Steichen didn’t accept to make it 2nd at 18 was horrendous.

2 minutes ago, jemack said:

I was perplexed with that as well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Any game comes down to a handful of plays.   The team that makes the most typically wins.   The team that doesn’t typically loses.  The Colts margin of error is tissue paper thin.   We played OK in the first half and were tied.  Played like crap in the 2nd and lost.   It’s likely going to be that way every week down the stretch.  

Every week is pretty much a coin toss.  

Tough way to be a fan…. But here we are. 

We played like crap in the first too. Just got lucky with that pick 6.

Just now, Shive said:

I think with Minshew at QB, sometimes some great playcalling goes by the wayside. We constantly have open receivers that he just doesn't see. I definitely agree with needing to get Downs more involved again.

lol 

1 minute ago, Shive said:

He thought WRONG. 🤮

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

im not sure why McKenzie is still in a role here quite honestly. Needs to be accountable and benched going forward. It that’s the new model, it needs to be done. 

Never gave ourselves a chance out of half. Didn’t play well the entire game, but the 3rd quarter was brutal. Mistakes throughout the entire game. Missed kick/extra point, penalty on fieldgoal that led to a touchdown, muffed punts, massive big plays throughout the game. Tough loss. Learn from it and regroup. Saturday is now the game of the year. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He has extra time to clear protocol.

No he has less time. He entered yesterday and they play in 6 days. Plus he has to pass an independent evaluation. Very few players make it through protocol in less than a 7 days

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

We played a contender for the first time since week 6 and it showed. And, they didn't even bring their franchise QB.

Defense looked overmatched most of the game and so did the offense really. Lack of discipline cost us a lot of penalties.

Baker got picked on.

Raimann got schooled all day by Hendrickson. Worst game of the season for him by far.

No push from the Oline and no pressure from the Dline.

I thought Jones did well in coverage, but Chase is elite and Browning had excellent ball placement.

I don't like our defensive scheme. No disguises. No blitzing.

We can't get our run game going, because Minshew can't pass the opponents out of base defense.

Screens killed us this game.  Was pathetic.  They turned into big gains EVERY drive.

• Like 1

That was indeed probably our worst game this season. Serious failures in all aspects of the game. Kind of disappointing when chasing a playoff spot, but not entirely shocking when you consider the talent level at some important areas of the team. My position has been that Steichen has been making chicken soup from chicken % for a lot of the season and it was just about time some of our deficiencies showed up. 

On to the next one... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

No he has less time. He entered yesterday and they play in 6 days. Plus he has to pass an independent evaluation. Very few players make it through protocol in less than a 7 days

That’s true I guess. I forgot he didn’t enter after the game. But if Minshew looked this bad against a bad offense don’t want to think what Steelers will do.

I can’t believe how bad Rainmann looked today. Hopefully smith will be back next week. Another week of practice maybe ju ju will be back.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

That was indeed probably our worst game this season. Serious failures in all aspects of the game. Kind of disappointing when chasing a playoff spot, but not entirely shocking when you consider the talent level at some important areas of the team. My position has been that Steichen has been making chicken soup from chicken % for a lot of the season and it was just about time some of our deficiencies showed up. 

On to the next one... 

what’s really disappointing is how bad jags and Texans lost. Colds could of been in position against Steelers to take the division lead with jags playing ravens.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Chloe….  We played poorly offensively, but we played well on defense.   That can happen in a half.   There’s more to football than just offense.  

Played well in defense?!

What?

0 sacks, 0 turnovers, 34 PA, they had their 4th best game of the year on the ground well ahead of their weekly average, and they completed 19/25 passes. 

Hat about that is good?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Played well in defense?!

What?

0 sacks, 0 turnovers, 34 PA, they had their 4th best game of the year on the ground well ahead of their weekly average, and they completed 19/25 passes. 

Hat about that is good?

Ummm Harrison had a pick 6, pretty sure that’s a turnover…

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Shane has to own this one. Team looked unprepared today. 

Ah, the old team looked under prepared excuse  after getting beat by a team with more talent. They both played with back ups and the difference in the talent was evident if u watched the game. When they were beating horrible teams, everyone was gushing over how they were improving. The Bengals were a dose of reality on where this team is talent wise with other good teams in the league. The Oline, who is supposed to be the strength of this team, could not run against the worst run defense in the league.  I have been quiet the last few weeks allowing people and the media to gush over their recent wins. Look how those teams are doing against ?the rest  of the league?  They are down right horrible teams. I am not gloating but I really fail to see a lot of play makers on this team. Steichen is a keeper and he is not the reason for losing this game and neither is Bradley. They don't have the talent to compete.

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

Ummm Harrison had a pick 6, pretty sure that’s a turnover…

It just goes to show what that ended up being worth that I can’t even remember it just 2 hours later…

And even that play was a gift. If the TE had just let that ball go (as he should have, he was never going to catch that by reaching out in vain,) it would have sailed harmlessly to the ground. 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

14-14 at the half with a defensive touchdown says otherwise.  

No it doesn’t.  It says they got a pick six which is nice but the rest of the first half was a disaster on defense.  The Bengals had over 150 some yards passing, completed their first six passes and were getting decent runs and had two very large screens.  

• Like 2