Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bengals post game reaction

GoColts8818

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I do feel like AR would make a difference. His early season development had a really nice upward trend to it and I do feel that if we had him out there it would make us a much more formidable team. Just because of the unpredictability factor if nothing else. 

Yeah, that was a terrible call. And it came from a ref 15 yards away, while the ref standing 6 feet away with the play unfolding right in front of him decided not to flag it. Then they congressed and instead of siding with the ref right on top of the play they went with the one who saw it from the next town over. 🤨

Of all the rotten calls today the only one worse was the holding in Nelson that took away the Moss score. 

I would be stoked if that had happened and agree that he was showing promise, but to assume that he makes us world beaters, I’m not ready for that yet. Not saying you think that but the general impression from a lot here gives off that vibe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts number one priority should be coming out to establish the run. He did not do that today and it got us behind the sticks early then bengals took the lead and it was over with running.  You can’t come out and just throw the ball like that to start.

Your 100% absolutes statement are always 50/50 in reality. 

Just now, Superfly Jay said:

The good - Pittman and maybe Jones.

The bad - Everything else especially Gus Bradley's defense. 

Jones did have a good game, and the catches he allowed his fingers were almost always on or near the ball

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He was terrible in run support.

but he's a corner, and his primary job was to cover one of the best duos in the game, and he did a fine job at doing that. Chase 80 or less, and higgins even less. 

• Like 8

The Colts D is the main weakness this year. Hopefully we shore up the D with FA and early draft picks in this year's draft.

The offense was missing Taylor, AR and Smith, so I'm not too worried there. Juju would have been very helpful in run support today as well.

• Like 1

Like many have said the better team won today. I did think the refs favored the Bengals, but I still don't think we could've pulled off a win even if the calls went our way. 

I'm not too upset since I didn't have high expectations for this year, but I did get frustrated with the poor tackling by the D. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Pittman had 8 for 95.  He was the only player on offense to really show up.  Just an ugly day over the course of a 17 game season one or two are just going to be clunkers.

Did u watch the game? The D played off with the lead and that's mostly when he got the yards. 

Colts came back down to earth today. Streak was going to end sometime but it was a lot of fun. We lost to a very talented offense even when Burrow is out. Colts are already exceeding expectations. Beyond us losing out this has been a good season.  After our 3-5 start, we were put in a position to finish 7-2 to have a chance at the playoffs. That’s a lot to ask. It will be close but still have a shot.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, colts89 said:

The Colts D is the main weakness this year. Hopefully we shore up the D with FA and early draft picks in this year's draft.

The offense was missing Taylor, AR and Smith, so I'm not too worried there. Juju would have been very helpful in run support today as well.

They were but to be fair when you have a QB struggling and who is a backup it is always going to make the defense look worse. They were bad today but when your offense can stretch the field and score TD it takes away a lot of pressure.

45 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Every CB in the league gets burned at some point so Baker getting burned by Higgins only bothers me so much. The thing that bothers me about Baker the last few weeks isn’t his pass coverage it’s that he tackles like a pu SS ey

My issue isn’t with Baker getting burned, because we’ve known since week 1 he’s a liability. My issue is with our DC. Why was our worst corner 1-on-1 with Tee Higgins anyways? Also why does Bradley refuse to put safeties on top of the receivers? Thomas isn’t good but idk what the purpose of the FS is in this defense. All it seems Thomas does is make a drag down tackle way after the receiver has already ran for a big game. The same can be said about SS. He says that his SS has a lot of responsibilities, but I’m not seeing it translate to the field. 

A lot of the issues with the secondary (and really the defense in general) is on Bradley. He has this overly complicated scheme that gets beats by the simplest concepts on offense. The secondary plays scared to not get beat deep and then today they get beat deep. They contained Chase but I still think the plan was flawed. They should’ve put Moore on Chase and put Jones on Higgins with safety help. Jones might have been the only positive from the D today too. 

• Like 1

With a couple hours since the game ended. I really feel the team overlooked Browning and their running backs. We got down 14 quickly and thanks to another defensive touchdown we got back into the game. Well the Bengals went down and scored easily against our defense. It only got worse from there. A complete failure from the coaching staff down to the players. If we play like this again we will not win another game 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Ballard needs to do what he did for HC and hire a young DC who has some new fresh ideas. Gus Bradley is Frank Reich of the defense. Doesn’t change. No new ideas. 

That will be on Steichen but I trust he will make a good pick if he gets the chance. This year has just been a mashup because of injuries so we will see if they make the change.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Colts need a true linebacker who can play the pass badly.

TE are mismatched for most linebackers. That’s why they can be so effective.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That will be on Steichen but I trust he will make a good pick if he gets the chance. This year has just been a mashup because of injuries so we will see if they make the change.

TE are mismatched for most linebackers. That’s why they can be so effective.

Robinson is an interesting project right now.  He’s getting a lot of playing time and seems to have a knack for being around the ball.  I like his size too.  Time will tell if he can continue to improve.

1 minute ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

our rookie players show why we need proven vets

100%. Stop trying to rely on 7th round and undrafted players. Colts need to invest at CB high in draft or vets and a guy like flowers should be a backup when he comes back. That’s how you create good depth. Thomas needs benched. He had been horrible. Need a FS.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard needs to keep investing high draft picks in the secondary.  

Won’t mean anything if Bradley is still here. He’ll have them on the bench playing being a UDFA from Spring Hills Community College.

29 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Ballard needs to do what he did for HC and hire a young DC who has some new fresh ideas. Gus Bradley is Frank Reich of the defense. Doesn’t change. No new ideas. 

This is why unless it’s a position coach, I always think you should let the HC bring his own staff in. Don’t pressure them to retain anyone. IMO the only person Ballard should have campaigned for was Reggie Wayne.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

100%. Stop trying to rely on 7th round and undrafted players. Colts need to invest at CB high in draft or vets and a guy like flowers should be a backup when he comes back. That’s how you create good depth. Thomas needs benched. He had been horrible. Need a FS.

You are way too hung up on where guys were drafted.  Yes they need a Free Safety but Flowers has played like a starter regardless of his draft status.  Same with Jones.  They also have Brents who will be back.  That’s before you get to Kenny Moore if they keep them they have four starting caliber corners.  They can use another one for depth but it doesn’t have to be a high pick.  If a special player is there of course you take them but they don’t need to force it.  Things are not as bad at corner as you are making it seem.  

It's one game, and we're still sitting in the 7th spot. The teams battling for the wild card are all inconsistent, which is why they're all 7-6. Houston was crushed by the lowly Jets!

We beat Steelers, Texans and either Falcons or Raiders, and we'll be in at 10-7. Play .500 and we'll be out 9-8. I'd have signed on for this 5 weeks ago. 

Colts play Steelers, Falcons, Raiders, Texans

Bills play Cowboys, Patriots, Chargers & Dolphins

Broncos play Lions, Patriots, Chargers, Raiders (this looks good)

Bengals play Vikings, Steelers, Chiefs, Browns

Texans play Titans, Browns, Titans, Colts

Steelers play Colts, Bengals, Seahawks, Ravens

Browns play Bears, Texans, Jets, Bengals

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You are way too hung up on where guys were drafted.  Yes they need a Free Safety but Flowers has played like a starter regardless of his draft status.  Same with Jones.  They also have Brents who will be back.  That’s before you get to Kenny Moore if they keep them they have four starting caliber corners.  They can use another one for depth but it doesn’t have to be a high pick.  If a special player is there of course you take them but they don’t need to force it.  Things are not as bad at corner as you are making it seem.  

No they are terrible. 

• Like 2