Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bengals post game reaction

GoColts8818

8 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Did it work for both parties? 

Did we get a pick for a player that wanted out? 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?   

Ballard did Gilmore a solid.   Why would that hurt him trying to sign vets to a 1-2 year deal.   It shows Ballard did right by Gilmore.   Why would this hurt Ballard going forward?   I would think it would help him a great deal. 

did you read the post I was responding to or just the one you responded to? 

I literally said in the post that Gilmore wanted out and Ballard made it work for both parties. I was telling Shute good luck getting vets in the future with the mentality of “who cares what they want.”

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Did we get a pick for a player that wanted out? 

did you read the post I was responding to or just the one you responded to? 

I literally said in the post that Gilmore wanted out and Ballard made it work for both parties. I was telling Shute good luck getting vets in the future with the mentality of “who cares what they want.”

As has been said, Ballard thought he had the pieces to replace Gilmore and a trade significantly helped the cap situation.  Injuries and Rogers’ stupidity blew that plan up; a healthy Flowers and a non gambling Rogers would be a solid one two CB duo. With Kenny Moore, you’ve got a winning CB room and nobody is calling Ballard a failure. 
Now back to reality: we see this current mess of a secondary and it’s obvious a talent infusion is needed. I like Brents; Jones has a future. Hopefully Flowers comes back as himself. Moore is a FA; your one good S, Blackmon, is also a FA. That’s not a promising situation. 
Ballard will have to get busy fixing this in the off season. 

56 minutes ago, Hoose said:

As has been said, Ballard thought he had the pieces to replace Gilmore and a trade significantly helped the cap situation.  Injuries and Rogers’ stupidity blew that plan up; a healthy Flowers and a non gambling Rogers would be a solid one two CB duo. With Kenny Moore, you’ve got a winning CB room and nobody is calling Ballard a failure. 
Now back to reality: we see this current mess of a secondary and it’s obvious a talent infusion is needed. I like Brents; Jones has a future. Hopefully Flowers comes back as himself. Moore is a FA; your one good S, Blackmon, is also a FA. That’s not a promising situation. 
Ballard will have to get busy fixing this in the off season. 

If they re-sign Moore and Blackmon, then they are basically just running it back. Maybe throw in a draft pick or two.

And then next season, once the Colts are no longer playing a bottom 3 schedule against terrible QBs like Phillip Walker, Bryce Young or Mac Jones...I have a feeling we are all going to wonder what happened to the secondary from last season?

That said, I imagine it will depend on what (if anything) happens with Bradley. 

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

If they re-sign Moore and Blackmon, then they are basically just running it back. Maybe throw in a draft pick or two.

And then next season, once the Colts are no longer playing a bottom 3 schedule against terrible QBs like Phillip Walker, Bryce Young or Mac Jones...I have a feeling we are all going to wonder what happened to the secondary from last season?

That said, I imagine it will depend on what (if anything) happens with Bradley. 

Signing Moore and Blackmon is good. Then they can draft or even go after a FA or two. You done let the two who are actually good walk.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Thing about Juju is he was hurt when we picked him and he’s always hurt. I cringe when we take a guy that’s injured and the announcers always say “he’s expected to be ok for camp.” It’s probably just my Colts bias and I have no facts behind it but drafting injured guys just seems like a bad idea. Guys who get hurt a lot get hurt a lot. I agree he has potential— I’m from his neck of the woods and he might be a difference maker if he gets healthy. 

For what it’s worth…..

I did a little homework on Juju.   He had a few injuries his first two years when he was at Iowa, but nothing out of the ordinary.  

Then he transferred to Kansas State.   The Wildcats played 27 games his 2-years and Juju started all of them.   Didn’t miss a game due to injury.   I believe the injury he had when the Colts drafted him happened when Brents played in some post-season all-star game.   In short, when the Colts drafted him, I don’t think he had an injury history that would worry any team. 

I don’t know why he’s had several injuries since joining the Colts?   I only know that when he’s played he’s played at a very high level.   He’s grading out around 75.   Honestly, I think Juju was always Ballard’s 2nd round talent target. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Doubtful.   If he passes protocols,  it's a non issue. 

Oh there’s zero doubt that his chances of another concussion are significantly higher. It’s scientific fact. Let’s just admit the league lied and they are no longer taking them serious. Lasted a few seasons before backtracking 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Oh there’s zero doubt that his chances of another concussion are significantly higher. It’s scientific fact. Let’s just admit the league lied and they are no longer taking them serious. Lasted a few seasons before backtracking 

I believe you are having the wrong conversation - one that only exists in your head. He’s only talking about Watt clearing protocol and being able play on Saturday. 

8 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I believe you are having the wrong conversation - one that only exists in your head. He’s only talking about Watt clearing protocol and being able play on Saturday. 

Yeah I’m super sure he “cleared” protocol. Stay tuned. He will surely miss more time. It’s inevitable. 

On 12/12/2023 at 10:08 AM, husker61 said:

Saying the colts should draft a specific position in the first round is bound for failure. You never know who will be available. You can have priorities, but who is picked or if you trade down depends on who is available. Teams that stretch to draft a position of need don’t usually benefit from this strategy. 

We don’t agree often, but I 100% agree with this.