Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

Imagine if we had a GM who could find one good pass rusher out of 10 first or second round DL picks. 

Imagine if we had a GM who took the premium positions seriously like every other team, QB, WR, LT and Pass Rush

Imagine if we had a GM whos highest contracts were actual star players at premium positions. Not a LB a G and * RB!!!

LOL its absolute lunacy. 8 years in and nothing at all. Nothing to show for it but a sub .500 record and consistently being someone little brother in the worst division in footnall. Im just blown away and done ranting lol. Im taking an extended break.

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

And u want to let Ballard and his staff make that pick. It came out that Wayne had to bang the table for Downs. He is probably the best wr pick during Ballard's tenure and snd it appears Ballard had no intention of picking him of not for Wayne. Let that sink in.

He also banged the table for Pierce so settle down JFC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard will give him what he is worth. They love Pitt. It will be between 20 and 25.

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s his market. Accept it.

14 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Well .. he will be so, if you don't like it, find a different team to follow and complain about.

Pittman wasn't drafted to play in steichens system with AR at qb.  I don't think we will resign him.  You going to root for a different team if we don't keep him?  

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

Imagine if we had a GM who could find one good pass rusher out of 10 first or second round DL picks. 

Imagine if we had a GM who took the premium positions seriously like every other team, QB, WR, LT and Pass Rush

Imagine if we had a GM whos highest contracts were actual star players at premium positions. Not a LB a G and * RB!!!

LOL it’s absolute lunacy. 8 years in and nothing at all. Nothing to show for it but a sub .500 record and consistently being someone little brother in the worst division in footnall. Im just blown away and done ranting lol. Im taking an extended break.

See ya, bye now. Don’t let the door hit ya either

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Imagine if we add another WR in the draft and we have Pittman, Pierce, Downs, draft pick. That would be really good. One of Ballards weakest groups in the past turned into a strong suit.

In now what seems like forever, this board has been clamoring for Ballard to acquire or draft a true #1 WR.  We can only hope it is this year or the next draft. We probably now have close to the best RB tandem in the league, and this would only aid the Colts ground game and open up the Colts play book.

1 minute ago, craigerb said:

What's disheartening is not the 1 pt. loss. It's losing the last two home games when the opponents march down the field to close out the game with a TD.

We didn't lose last 2 home games. Two weeks ago we won at home. Last week was an away game.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Your aren't so naive to think I really thought he had "never" jumped ever right?  This is not worth 20 mil a year.

Screenshot_20231022_191750_Chrome.jpg

I mean you did double down when someone showed you the Ravens catch and said my mistake he did it once.  So someone showed you he’s done it more than once.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

No one mentioned the extremely "chintzy" holding call on Fries. Huge play as it negated a 1st and 10 at around the 20 yard line. This lead up to the blocked FG and at the least a 6 point swing. Plus changed the momentum ...

I was hoping someone would bring this up.  It was an absolutely terrible call by the ref.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

And u want to let Ballard and his staff make that pick. It came out that Wayne had to bang the table for Downs. He is probably the best wr pick during Ballard's tenure and snd it appears Ballard had no intention of picking him of not for Wayne. Let that sink in.

What?   Are?   You?   Talking?   About?

It didn’t “come out”.   There was no leak or whisper.   On draft night Ballard said Reggie Wayne banged the table for Downs.   Ballard tells these stories every year to give credit to his staff….  Wayne,  Morocco Brown, Ed Dodds, his scouts.   This is Ballard’s way of not having to take the credit.   He does this every year.  Did you NOT notice that Ballard was smart enough NOT to trade up to draft Downs.  He correctly guessed that Downs would be available when the Colts picked 79th.

Ballard didn’t have to be talked into anything.   He’s the best scout on the team.   It’s a shame you don’t know it.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

LOL its absolute lunacy. 8 years in and nothing at all. Nothing to show for it but a sub .500 record and consistently being someone little brother in the worst division in footnall. Im just blown away and done ranting lol. Im taking an extended break.

Cowboy GIF

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Ballard should have been shipped off with Reich. You rarely see other organizations hold over Gm's or coaches when the counterpart has been fired, because it rarely works. I have no idea why Irsay is committed to Ballard his resume here in Indy is atrocious.

Because, because he is so transparent.  U hold up his record and people in here still give up excuses.  Steichen is going to show Irsay that the reason for this teams success is him and its failures is due to lack of talent, Ballard

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Your aren't so naive to think I really thought he had "never" jumped ever right?  This is not worth 20 mil a year.

18 - 20 M seems to be the range for good WR2 money now. The Colts might decide to move on from Pittman with Pierce next year (I hope not) and draft a WR early, but I'm fairly confident someone will pay him 18-20 M if not us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

What?   Are?   You?   Talking?   About?

It didn’t “come out”.   There was no leak or whisper.   On draft night Ballard said Reggie Wayne banged the table for Downs.   Ballard tells these stories every year to give credit to his staff….  Wayne,  Morocco Brown, Ed Dodds, his scouts.   This is Ballard’s way of not having to take the credit.   He does this every year.  Did you NOT notice that Ballard was smart enough NOT to trade up to draft Downs.  He correctly guessed that Downs would be available when the Colts picked 79th.

Ballard didn’t have to be talked into anything.   He’s the best scout on the team.   It’s a shame you don’t know it.  

It's a shame that I don't know that Ballard is the best scout on the team? Now, I must say u got me there, and that does finally explain a lot!!!

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Because, because he is so transparent.  U hold up his record and people in here still give up excuses.  Steichen is going to show Irsay that the reason for this teams success is him and its failures is due to lack of talent, Ballard

Steichen is going to show irsay?   Ballard and irsay have been around the NFL longer than Steichen. wth are you talking about

12 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Ahhh yes you left out the part where he’s had different QBs(some horrible) and coaches pretty much every year, and still managed to produce, rarely injured, and a great blocker. But keep hating it’s a good look for you.

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

You mean Ballard listened to the staff he put around him to provide him with advice and their opinions.   He retained Reggie for a reason.  You have zero idea if Ballard had any intention of taking him. Zero!  So far the number 1-3 picks looks like long term starters.  Freeland is learning under fire against the best two dlineman in the NFL so far.  He looks like a future swing tackle who is taking his lumps right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Glad to see Steichen took ownership of these two decisions.

As any rookie he will learn.  Doesn’t mean he alone cost the team alone but it’s something that can get better.  Like I said before when teams watch tape they don’t go well this mistake but we really lost because of this so why worry about it?  They want to correct all mistakes.  Shane has been more good than bad this year but no mistake he’s a rookie coach who has made rookie mistakes.  Hopefully he’s learning from them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

It's a shame that I don't know that Ballard is the best scout on the team? Now, I must say u got me there, and that does finally explain a lot!!!

He’s been the top scout when he was with Chicago.   That led him to KC, where he was their top scout.   Which brought him to Indy.

People who follow football for a living know Ballard has a sharp eye for talent. 

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Ahhh yes you left out the part where he’s had different QBs(some horrible) and coaches pretty much every year, and still managed to produce, rarely injured, great blocker, and rarely injured. But keep hating it’s a good look for you.

It's not hating to think 20 mil would be better spent elsewhere.   Just my opinion.  It seems some of you have no clue how to cordially disagree.   I love the colts, want to win, and want to be great.  You can't resign everyone.  Sometimes you have to let someone go.  When we paid Taylor, I think we will let Pittman go.  I don't think he is elite.  A revamped wr system would not be the worst thing for next year

• Like 1