Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson is our guy

Lucky Colts Fan

THEN… he went to the end of the bench after a turnover to console the guy that fumbled.

He didn’t need to do that. That guy probably won’t even be on the team next year, but Richardson had his back game 1.

When people talked about the “intangibles” when it came to Manning vs Leaf, these are the intangibles they meant.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Nova said:

Played better than the Young and Stroud by a long shot. Very good first game overall from Richardson. 

Yep. All of the rookies lost. Reich got beat down by Atlanta. There’s 16 more games. Fans will panic (my Bengals friends and family are losing it) but the teams are moving on. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I just watched Anthony score his first NFL touchdown, celebrate with his guys, and head toward the sideline.

He was almost to the bench, gassed and ready to sit down, then you could tell he turned and went up and down the sideline thanking the guys that got him in the end zone.

That wasn’t coaching or a professional obligation. That was character. 

he is a team player who thinks of wins first, ballard get him some weapons and fix the o-line so we dont have luck all over again

• Like 3

First NFL rookie snaps - A+ performance for a first start all things considered. Showing good poise for a rookie and does not seem to get rattled~ great signs. 

Colts offense still need help on the outside; #14 was a ghost. Cox should sit and the Colts should  let the young TE’s grow with Richardson. Run blocking and 1st down production was bad and made the third downs unmanageable as the game went on.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

I think Young threw a TD pass 

Then NFL dot com hasn’t updated that to reflect yet, nor yahoo fantasy where he’s my back up QB

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Correct me if wrong but didnt he just have 1 td

1 rush. 1 Pass TD for two total

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I show 20/38, 145 yards, 2 INTs 0 TDs. Let me know if you find different somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

First NFL rookie snaps - A+ performance for a first start all things considered. Showing good poise for a rookie and does not seem to get rattled~ great signs. 

Colts offense still need help on the outside; #14 was a ghost. Cox should sit and the Colts should  let the young TE’s grow with Richardson. Run blocking and 1st down production was bad and made the third downs unmanageable as the game went on.

Grandson and Ogletree both made big catches, Mo was absent again. Ogletree ended up in concussion protocol 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I show 20/38, 145 yards, 2 INTs 0 TDs. Let me know if you find different somewhere. 

Grandson and Ogletree both made big catches, Mo was absent again. Ogletree ended up in concussion protocol 

Mo and Jackson  need to go

Oh and Alec Disappears

• Like 1

I have never been down on AR and his abilities, because I know he means well and will give it his all, Im just worried about the people around him within this organization! The way this team has been since Peyton left, there has been something seriously amiss! And I dont put blame on any of the QBs or most of the players other than Wentz, but I do believe some bad apples still need to be released! Just my opinion!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtsPens2011 said:

Looking forward Richardson to get better. Very optimistic about the season. 

I don't know how any fan would not be optimistic. He is the third youngest to start at QB in the NFL, yet he did not seem uncomfortable and he seemed to work well with his teammates. He has a lot to improve but what player does not?  I hope he is not injured.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

They finally updated the numbers. He had 1 TD, 2 ints and 20/38 passing. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

Who has these stats?

NFL dot com just updated , prior to that, those numbers were copied off there

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I just watched Anthony score his first NFL touchdown, celebrate with his guys, and head toward the sideline.

He was almost to the bench, gassed and ready to sit down, then you could tell he turned and went up and down the sideline thanking the guys that got him in the end zone.

That wasn’t coaching or a professional obligation. That was character. 

If you can’t bring yourself to pull and cheer for Anthony Richardson, then I don’t know what is stopping you?  

A great young man.   Super high character. 

A great physical specimen.   Super high ability.  

Not sure what else you need?   Easy to root for.   Makes 2023 fascinating to watch. 

• Like 6

I want to ask this.

If Richardson shows a ton of improvement but Colts record is bad enough to take Caleb Williams.

What do Colts do?

Draft to build around a AR team or pick Caleb?

AR is going to get better IMO but fans are going to freak about the Losses.

I also say, Colts were not terrible today... Growing pains!!!

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Yep. All of the rookies lost. Reich got beat down by Atlanta. There’s 16 more games. Fans will panic (my Bengals friends and family are losing it) but the teams are moving on. 

I was at the Atlanta game.  Thank goodness Reich is no longer Colts coach. His offensive plan was same old same old predictable vanilla.  It was actually laughable.  

Sad Colts lost.  Will have to watch it on delay.  Sounds like there was promise, though. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

From NFL.com

NFL Research: Research: Anthony Richardson is the youngest player (21 years, 111 days) in the Super Bowl era to score a pass TD and a rush TD in the same game. The only players younger were Bill Dudley and George Ratterman, who both played in the 1940s.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

I was at the Atlanta game.  Thank goodness Reich is no longer Colts coach. His offensive plan was same old same old predictable vanilla.  It was actually laughable.  

Sad Colts lost.  Will have to watch it on delay.  Sounds like there was promise, though. 

I was at the Indy game. It was fun as all get until the end. Had a friend texting me the whole time complaining about his Panthers.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

You stick with AR. And draft a play maker at WR. 

I love your answer. At the same time hard to pass on a generational QB that could be the best thing.

Do Colts get Harrison Jr or bank like crazy trading back for a ton of picks?

AR could love Harrison Jr but we don't know yet after one game if the WRs are the answer of being better.. Just a thought

6 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I want to ask this.

If Richardson shows a ton of improvement but Colts record is bad enough to take Caleb Williams.

What do Colts do?

If this team is bad enuff to draft Williams, we will know many things. Ballard is done, the talent on this team is horrid and Richardson is most likely not the future and would not have shown enough to make the Colts by passing Maye or Williams. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If this team is bad enuff to draft Williams, we will know many things. Ballard is done, the talent on this team is horrid and Richardson is most likely not the future and would not have shown enough to make the Colts by passing Maye or Williams. 

I thought the season means nothing, long is there's improvement? This isn't the same accountability as last season. New mostly everywhere.

21 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I want to ask this.

What do Colts do?

If AR keeps it up, but we somehow end up with the 1st overall you trade that pick for a king's ransom to a team in a good enough position for us to get Harrison Jr.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I love your answer. At the same time hard to pass on a generational QB that could be the best thing.

Do Colts get Harrison Jr or bank like crazy trading back for a ton of picks?

AR could love Harrison Jr but we don't know yet after one game if the WRs are the answer of being better.. Just a thought

Ask me again in week 17. But yes, I’d be really leery of moving on from AR IF he improves and looks good. 

• Like 2