Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver wire pick ups discussion (MERGE) Title Updated pg 10.

GoColts8818

9 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

-My understanding is that for all of the players being waived....they will actually be waived on Tues 4pm.

-After that teams submit their waiver claims.

- Wed afternoon is when we will find out who was claimed on waivers.

Founds this article online which confirms my points above.....  "On the final NFL cutdown period following the final NFL preseason game and ending Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 4:00 pm EDT, all cut players subject to waivers remain on waivers through 12:00 pm EDT on Wednesday, August 30, regardless of which day they were released."

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

-My understanding is that for all of the players being waived....they will actually be waived on Tues 4pm.

Idk?

Not my understanding.

My understanding is that a player has to wait 24 hours from being released to clear waivers.

No special circumstances at cut down, other than it's only 20 hours after cut down day, as players clear waivers at 12pm on Wednesday, instead of 4pm.

But if no waiver claims roll in today, you might be right.

I still don't see any special rules anywhere to make a player wait longer than 24 hours on a claim at the deadline?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Idk?

Not my understanding.

My understanding is that a player has to wait 24 hours from being released to clear waivers.

No special circumstances at cut down, other than it's only 20 hours after cut down day, as players clear waivers at 12pm on Wednesday, instead of 4pm.

But if no waiver claims roll in today, you might be right.

I still don't see any special rules anywhere to make a player wait longer than 24 hours on a claim at the deadline?

Not for the final cut of the preseason.  It has been this way for years.

Founds this article online which confirms my points above.....  "On the final NFL cutdown period following the final NFL preseason game and ending Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 4:00 pm EDT, all cut players subject to waivers remain on waivers through 12:00 pm EDT on Wednesday, August 30, regardless of which day they were released."

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2023/8/28/23848561/how-nfl-waivers-work-new-york-jets

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

Not for the final cut of the preseason.  It has been this way for years.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2023/8/28/23848561/how-nfl-waivers-work-new-york-jets

Thanks.

Makes sense with no claims yesterday or today.

Dang.

I was wrong once, well I was actually mistaken when I thought I was wrong in that instance. So was I really wrong? J/k lol

Ah, either way I was wrong this time.

Debate Explain GIF by ABC Network

1 hour ago, bertjones7 said:

Strange, because the NFL site has some released players that have already been signed by another team?

50 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wow eagles signed isahiah rodgers and are going to stash him for a year,

Dude bet on his own team in the team facility using an alias. No way does he get cleared next year, I doubt he ever gets cleared..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

The way he handled the QB issues..

That is why I like Roseman so much. He drafts QBs even when they don't need one.  The Patriots do the same.

Some might say that Roseman erred when he gave up draft capital for Wentz, but I liked Wentz when he was an Eagle. Before his first injury, he could have been MVP. Injuries took a toll on him. Wentz was much better than Matt Ryan for the Colts but Colts fans disliked Wentz so much.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is why I like Roseman so much. He drafts QBs even when they don't need one.  The Patriots do the same.

Some might say that Roseman erred when he gave up draft capital for Wentz, but I liked Wentz when he was an Eagle. Before his first injury, he could have been MVP. Injuries took a toll on him. Wentz was much better than Matt Ryan for the Colts but Colts fans disliked Wentz so much.

Precisely. Wentz served the function the Eagles needed him to and when it was time, Howie assessed him correctly and found a willing buyer. The rep he has is one where he fleeces you if you go up against him, in this business that's the ultimate sign of respect. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Precisely. Wentz served the function the Eagles needed him to and when it was time, Howie assessed him correctly and found a willing buyer. The rep he has is one where he fleeces you if you go up against him, in this business that's the ultimate sign of respect. 

He did the same with Bradford. He drafted Wentz and later traded Bradford to the Vikings for a #1 draft pick and a 4th draft pick. :facepalm:

25 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Roseman sucked for his entire career and was on the verge of being chased out of Philly prior to getting exceedingly lucky developing a QB that MANY were not willing to bet would be a solid starter, let alone an All pro.....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Roseman sucked for his entire career and was on the verge of being chased out of Philly prior to getting exceedingly lucky developing a QB that MANY were not willing to bet would be a solid starter, let alone an All pro.....

Which is why Irsay is being patient with Ballard. It takes a while for GMs to figure things out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Daytona said:

That's the thing with GMs. Most of them suck as you say...then a QB arrives and everything else looks fantastic. For Howie, at least when he landed a QB, he knew what to do to build around the guy, in Indy we know firsthand that not every GM knows that, some choose to complain about how the QBs wages hamstring the whole operation.

• Like 1

Where I have the roster now.

Colts roster:(77)(1 PUP)(1 International Exemption)(1 suspension list)

Offense:(35)

QB:(3)

Anthony Richardson 

Gardner Minshew 

Sam Ehlinger

RB:(6)

Jonathan Taylor(PUP)

Zach Moss

Deon Jackson

Evan Hull

Jake Funk

Jason Huntley 

WR:(9)

Michael Pittman Jr

Alec Pierce

Josh Downs

Isaiah McKenzie 

Mike Strachan

Amari Rodgers 

Vyncint Smith

Juwann Winfree

DJ Montgomery 

TE:(7)

Mo Alie-Cox

Jelani Woods

Kylen Granson

Andrew Ogletree

Will Mallory 

Pharaoh Brown

Ricky Seal-Jones

OT:(5)

Bernard Raimann

Braden Smith

Blake Freeland 

Dan Skipper

Arlington Hambright

OG:(3)

Quenton Nelson

Will Fries

Carter O'Donnell

OC:(2)

Ryan Kelly

Wesley French

Defense:(38)

DE:(7)

Kwity Paye

Dayo Odeyingbo

Samson Ebukam

Al'Quadin Muhammad 

Tyquan Lewis

Titus Leo

Khalid Kareem 

DT:(6)

Deforest Buckner

Grover Stewart

Taven Bryan

Adetomiwa Adebawore

Eric Johnson

McTelvin Agim

LB:(8)

Shaq Leonard

Zaire Franklin

EJ Speed

Segun Olubi

Grant Stuard

Jojo Domann

Cameron McGrone

Liam Anderson

CB:(10)

Juju Brents 

Dallis Flowers

Kenny Moore

Darius Rush

Jaylon Jones

Darrell Baker Jr

Tony Brown

Chris Lammons(3 game suspension)

Kevin Toliver

Isaac Taylor-Stuart

S:(7)

Rodney Thomas II

Julian Blackmon

Nick Cross

Trevor Denbow

Ronnie Harrison

Henry Black

Marcel Dabo(International Exemption)

SPT:(4)

K:(1)

Matt Gay

P:(2)

Rigoberto Sanchez 

Paxton Brooks

LS:(1)

Luke Rhodes

IR:

Daniel Scott(S)

Jake Witt(T)

Michael Tutsie(S)

Ashton Dulin(WR)

Genard Avery(DE)

Malik Turner(WR) 

Danny Pinter (C)

Notes:

We don't need to cut Lammons, we can just transfer him to suspended list.

Team has a tough decision with Sam, keeping 3 QBs really hurts the depth elsewhere. He has played well enough to deserve a spot, regardless of the new QB rule.

A lot of these positional groups are coming together. 

Hopefully we can get player4player trade for MAC, just can't see him making it.

Cut down is 17 1/2 hours away. Tomorrow will be a crazy day, followed by just as crazy Wednesday.

Enjoy Yourself White Lotus GIF by HBO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, colts89 said:

So... Which one of the TEs are we cutting tomorrow and how many are we keeping? The consensus seems to be MAC being cut, but curious to see if there are others people are considering. 

Woods to I.R.

Granson

Ogletree

Mallory

MAC

Cut

P.Brown

R.Seals Jones

Think Woods injury 'could' save MAC think it is 50/50 right now. Brown a better blocker then MAC so if they feel other TES handle the catches Brown could get the spot.

24 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Woods to I.R.

Granson

Ogletree

Mallory

MAC

Cut

P.Brown

R.Seals Jones

Think Woods injury 'could' save MAC think it is 50/50 right now. Brown a better blocker then MAC so if they feel other TES handle the catches Brown could get the spot.

Unless you are going to put Woods out for the season he has to be on the final 53 before he can go on IR with a chance to return.

I would very well hope Ballard is keeping a close eye on cuts from other teams today, and signs a few OL from them. If he neglects to address the depth of this OL yet again this season could be rough especially with an injury or two at that position. 

With that said, are there any names you could see getting cut you want Ballard to pursue?

• w87r changed the title to Colts cut downs reactions + potential cut down pick ups (MERGE)
6 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I would very well hope Ballard is keeping a close eye on cuts from other teams today, and signs a few OL from them. If he neglects to address the depth of this OL yet again this season could be rough especially with an injury or two at that position. 

With that said, are there any names you could see getting cut you want Ballard to pursue?

Chuckle. You "hope" Ballard's staff has time to look for players to add.

Let's "hope" for a backup to Kelly that is also a good guard.

And of course a solid T so Freeland can sit. 

Gasp that it could be a rough season.

100% guarantee you Irsay would be fine with next years #1 pick.

14 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Dude bet on his own team in the team facility using an alias. No way does he get cleared next year, I doubt he ever gets cleared..

He's on the Eagles now, I expect the NFL to lessen his penalty to 4 games.

4 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Mike Strachan has been cut.  Too bad.  I had hopes for him when he was drafted to be a kind of junior Harold Carmichael.

Saw that one coming.  Others, particularly Winfree, have been available and balling the last few weeks, when Strachan was out…