Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver wire pick ups discussion (MERGE) Title Updated pg 10.

GoColts8818

53 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

Not sure if already mentioned, but Rams cut their 2022 3rd pick Logan Bruss g/t wisconsin.  Tore his ACL last year, but generally viewed as a good RG prospect.  Seems like someone Ballard would be interested in.

I’ll add Trystan Colon, C/OG, cut from NYJ.

• Like 3

On 8/27/2023 at 11:25 AM, GoColts8818 said:

This thread is a place to react to cuts as they come in so we can keep the cutdown tracker thread clean of just cuts so people don’t have to search the whole thread just to find the cuts.

So far I’ve seen Drake and Adams.  Not surprised by either.  I don’t think Drake showed brought something that was a significant upgrade over who they already have even without Taylor.

I surprise just a little they cut Strachan, But he was injured so maybe that contributed. 

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

I’ll add Trystan Colon, C/OG, cut from NYJ.

Another one - The Bills are likely keeping their fingers crossed that rookie guard Nick Broeker will pass through waivers. The team’s seventh-round pick played well against the Steelers, and interestingly, the team did not give him a single snap in the preseason finale. The Bills may have been attempting to hide Broeker on film to sneak him through waivers. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

I can’t believe we kept MAC again. He must be blackmailing Ballard or something. I mean seriously has the guy ever made a difference? I’d rather go with the young guys.

I totally agree I don't understand the love affair with Cox at all. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, w87r said:

So couple questions.

Was thinking about updating my OL cuts list

1. Was thinking about locking this thread, since most talk is in the Final roster thread. And starting a waiver wire thread for guys available? Sound ok?

2. Is there anyone that would like to, make a list for:

WR

TE

whatever other position you think we should look at?(ie, RB?) To be posted over there, if I start one.

Can just leave it here I suppose?

Thoughts?

I have a Right Guard thread that I started.  Does that count?

Just now, superrep1967 said:

I totally agree I don't understand the love affair with Cox at all. 

I think the injury to Woods saved Cox bacon.  For now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I now regret posting that, I was thinking Rush was an early pick. I thought 2nd or 3rd round.

Remember how pre draft everyone was saying how he was the perfect fit for Indy and how all the mocks had us taking him day 2.

Still is a drag he was cut, but I suppose sometimes you miss?

He got beat badly in the Colts game against the Bears and he wasn't even a starter maybe a second or third stringer. 

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

I have a Right Guard thread that I started.  Does that count?

I just changed the title to this one.

We will know soon enough. There is a lot of guys out there that can help our team.

3 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Sounds about right.

Just now, superrep1967 said:

He got beat badly in the Colts game against the Bears and he wasn't even a starter maybe a second or third stringer. 

He got beat for a TD against Patmon and the Bills to, and I think another one in that game too? Maybe not a TD? maybe so?

36 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Jaylon Smith was cut. He could be a help to us?

I personally think he is done and would rather go with a young roster to build for the future.

To me this season is all about developing Richardson and identifying young talent that hopefully grows and develops with him.

I'm not getting too excited about who the colts add from other teams cuts. 

Bottom line, our WR & RB group isn't going to keep opposing DC's up at night worrying how to defend them.Lol.  Players that other teams discard most likely won't impact the season for the colts. Not resolving the issue with JT and further alienating him in public will impact the season....negatively. 

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Bottom line, our WR & RB group isn't going to keep opposing DC's up at night worrying how to defend them.Lol.  Players that other teams discard most likely won't impact the season for the colts. Not resolving the issue with JT and further alienating him in public will impact the season....negatively. 

If it does that will be a good thing as we can get atop player next year.

14 hours ago, AKB said:

the 4 wrs makes sense, because we are probably gonna pickup 2

but waiving a young, promising CB at one of our thinnest positions def doesn't make sense. 

Do you have any thoughts regarding why our staff and Ballard chose someone else after months of knowing and seeing him in the classroom and practice.

8 hours ago, bertjones7 said:

I personally think he is done and would rather go with a young roster to build for the future.

To me this season is all about developing Richardson and identifying young talent that hopefully grows and develops with him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/saints-release-lb-jaylon-smith-but-fans-shouldn-t-say-goodbye-just-yet/ar-AA1fWVm8

I don't know, this article says that he played really well for the Saints in preseason and practice. The fans want him back.

...This won’t make many New Orleans Saints fans happy, but don’t go picking up the torches and pitchforks just yet. NewOrleans.Football’s Nick Underhill reports that the Saints are releasing veteran linebacker Jaylon Smith, a late pickup in training camp who played really well for them in practice and at their preseason games...

6 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I totally agree with this, the PR departments new slogan on the West side will soon be, "Drama builds character" or maybe..... "Hostages are ok with us" ..... not sure which way they are leaning lol

12 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I agree.  I think Woods is going on the IR, and MAC (for all his lack of receiving production) has the blocking chops to help AR run the system we have planned for regular season (whatever that may be)…

12 hours ago, w87r said:

I just changed the title to this one.

We will know soon enough. There is a lot of guys out there that can help our team.

Sounds about right.

He got beat for a TD against Patmon and the Bills to, and I think another one in that game too? Maybe not a TD? maybe so?

The one I’m talking about was for a td. 

12 hours ago, bertjones7 said:

Another one - The Bills are likely keeping their fingers crossed that rookie guard Nick Broeker will pass through waivers. The team’s seventh-round pick played well against the Steelers, and interestingly, the team did not give him a single snap in the preseason finale. The Bills may have been attempting to hide Broeker on film to sneak him through waivers. 

I had my eye for the late rounds in this draft for this kid.  Super strong kid, good RAS, I think he'd be a great pickup.  JMO

• Like 1

Just now, 1959Colts said:

They cut him too, along with Baily Zappe

Carson Wentz is always there for the picking, lol :), he is good enough to win you few games and has done so in the league for a few years, just can't hold up for a season, so definitely backup material.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Carson Wentz is always there for the picking, lol :), he is good enough to win you few games and has done so in the league for a few years, just can't hold up for a season, so definitely backup material.

Funny you should mention that. I just read where Wentz maybe on their radar?

https://nesn.com/2023/08/five-backup-qbs-patriots-could-target-after-releasing-bailey-zappe/

Five Backup QBs Patriots Could Target

Colt McCoy
Brian Hoyer

Carson Wentz

Joe Flacco

Nick Foles

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bertjones7 said:

I don't understand the "hiding" stuff...

If we fans are talking about him, all other teams know much more than any of us.

It's true teams don't want to put too much on the film for certain players, but once they waive the player other teams know very well about each waiver claim that pass through them. Teams that waive just take a calculated risk, but it's a risk and players in PS can be poached anyway by other teams. 

I think this hiding stuff is made too sensational only among fans. 

Just now, 1959Colts said:

https://nesn.com/2023/08/five-backup-qbs-patriots-could-target-after-releasing-bailey-zappe/

Colt McCoy
Brian Hoyer

Carson Wentz

Joe Flacco

Nick Foles

Out of that bunch, Wentz would be my choice. He is streaky but his erratic nature can be kept in check by a Belichick coached team.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Colt McCoy
Brian Hoyer

Carson Wentz

Joe Flacco

Nick Foles

Colt McCoy is going there to be next disciple.

There's a reason Patriots have only one QB on the roster, just for now. 

32 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I don't understand the "hiding" stuff...

If we fans are talking about him, all other teams know much more than any of us.

It's true teams don't want to put too much on the film for certain players, but once they waive the player other teams know very well about each waiver claim that pass through them. Teams that waive just take a calculated risk, but it's a risk and players in PS can be poached anyway by other teams. 

I think this hiding stuff is made too sensational only among fans. 

Now ya done it.  By replying to a post about Broeker, this entire forum knows about Broeker, which leads to my mother’s bingo club knowing about Broeker, which ultimately leads to NFL scouts knowing about Broeker, which then gets to the GMs, making it unlikely that we can put a claim on this young man who could potentially save our OL.  Dang Vikings fan just ruined our season!

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well won’t  get him back on the Ps

Kareem brought a consistent pass rush in the preseason games. Seemed to be more of a presence than McTelvin Agim.

I suppose Agim is bigger and can play tackle, so they kept him? But my feeling is, don't let the pass rushers go.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well won’t  get him back on the Ps

Bears Claim 3 Players Off Waivers From Their Top Waiver Spot

The Chicago Bears led off the day with three waiver claims, claiming DE Khalid Kareem from the Indianapolis Colts, DB Quindell Johnson from the Los Angeles Rams, and WR Trent Taylor from the Cincinnati Bengals.

I believe the Bears were the first to pick? So that makes Kareem the first player chosen.

Obviously, Eberflus saw what I saw. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Bears Claim 3 Players Off Waivers From Their Top Waiver Spot

The Chicago Bears led off the day with three waiver claims, claiming DE Khalid Kareem from the Indianapolis Colts, DB Quindell Johnson from the Los Angeles Rams, and WR Trent Taylor from the Cincinnati Bengals.

I believe the Bears were the first to pick? So that makes Kareem the first player chosen.

Obviously, Eberflus saw what I saw. 

I guess I don't understand how it works.  I thought each team picked one player in order.  Since the Bears picked three, does that mean they've gone through it three times?

In other words, the Colts would have had two picks by now?

Is there somewhere to follow it?

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I guess I don't understand how it works.  I thought each team picked one player in order.  Since the Bears picked three, does that mean they've gone through it three times?

In other words, the Colts would have had two picks by now?

Is there somewhere to follow it?

It isn’t like fantasy football, bears have the 1st choice on every player that was waived. Colts are 4th. 

For example if bears & colts put in 10 waiver requests for the same players, the bears would get all 10 players 

Edited by bertjones7
Added example
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, bertjones7 said:

It isn’t like fantasy football, bears have the 1st choice on every player that was waived. Colts are 4th. 

Yep, Bears will get whatever players they want, and then the Texans get whatever players they put a claim in for that Chicago didn’t already take…