Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver wire pick ups discussion (MERGE) Title Updated pg 10.

GoColts8818

This thread is a place to react to cuts as they come in so we can keep the cutdown tracker thread clean of just cuts so people don’t have to search the whole thread just to find the cuts.

So far I’ve seen Drake and Adams.  Not surprised by either.  I don’t think Drake showed brought something that was a significant upgrade over who they already have even without Taylor.

• Like 3

• w87r changed the title to Colts cut downs reactions + potential cut down pick ups

Per Solid 84 post in NFL Gen thread.

2 OL from the Eagles released:

For all the preseason games:

G Tyrese Robinson- Pass: 83.7, Run: 59.1, Total: 70.1

C Brett Toth- Pass: 80.8, Run: 59.3, Total: 70.2

We dropped 2 people, maybe we got some claims in for them.?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As far as Drake release. When we first sign him I thought he would make the team, but as time went on, you could just see it wasn't to be.

Jackson, Hull and Funk just played to good, and Funk's SPT contributions gave him a big edge on Drake. Not that I'm saying Funk will make it, but he would've in front of Drake, I think.

Edit:

No surprises with Adams or Jacobson.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Indianapolis Colts

T Jordan Murray

DT Jamal Woods

RB Jason Huntley

RB Toriano Clinton

WR Ethan Fernea

OT Greg Little

S Aaron Maddox

TE La'Michael Pettway (injured)

DB Michael Tutsie (injured)

RB Zavier Scott (injured)

TE Kaden Smith (signed by Commanders)

WR Johnny King (signed by Eagles)

RB Kenyan Drake

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-2023-full-list-of-team-by-team-moves-and-cuts-for-all-32-clubs/amp/

I read Woods signed with Miami,  https://www.thephinsider.com/2023/8/25/23845643/miami-dolphins-training-camp-preseason-2023-free-agent-jamal-woods-indianapolis-colts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, w87r said:

Per Solid 84 post in NFL Gen thread.

2 OL from the Eagles released:

For all the preseason games:

G Tyrese Robinson- Pass: 83.7, Run: 59.1, Total: 70.1

C Brett Toth- Pass: 80.8, Run: 59.3, Total: 70.2

We dropped 2 people, maybe we got some claims in for them.?

Were they with the Eagles last year (including practice squad)?  If so wouldn’t be shocked.  Coaches tend to go for guys they know.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Were they with the Eagles last year (including practice squad)?  If so wouldn’t be shocked.  Coaches tend to go for guys they know.

Toth been with Eagles since 2020

Played 17 games last year and started 1.

Not so sure on Robinson, is his 2nd year in league this year, although he had no action last season

• Like 3

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wow they released that guard from Alabama.

That was kinda said without saying over last couple games with limited to no action.

I'm hoping they intentionally were keeping him off film in hopes of being able to get him to PS.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

https://www.colts.com/news/release-kenyan-drake-teez-tabor

Waived: Tyler Adams (WR), Kody Case (WR), Emil Ekiyor (G), Nick Eubanks (TE), Lucas Havrisik (K), Michael Jacobson (TE), Matthew Vanderslice (T)

Released: Kenyan Drake (RB), Teez Tabor (S)

since they put out a release that’s probably it for today.

Wait, what is the difference between waived and released? I get that the waived go on the waiver line, but beyond that?

Just now, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Wait, what is the difference between waived and release? I get that the waived go on the waiver line, but beyond that?

Released doesn't have to pass through waivers. 

Have to accrue 4 or more seasons(vested vet)to be released and not waived.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Wait, what is the difference between waived and released? I get that the waived go on the waiver line, but beyond that?

How long you’ve been in the NFL.  After you’ve been in the NFL for four years you don’t go on waivers anymore.  You are just released.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

So, when can we start to pick up players from the waiver line? Do we have to wait for Thursday?

Yeah, looking at those two OL guys from the Eagles…..

No, players that were waived yesterday, might be claimed today at 4pm. Depending on timing of them being waived.

And players waived on Tuesday clears waivers on Wednesday  at 12pm est.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

So, when can we start to pick up players from the waiver line? Do we have to wait for Thursday?

Yeah, looking at those two OL guys from the Eagles…..

There's an outside chance waivers on those 2 could clear today. If not it will be tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think Ekiyor was ever as good as some wanted him to be and his release was not that hard for the Colts.  The facts he wasn’t even playing the last couple of games and the Colts are so thin at guard speaks to that.

It could speak to that, or it could've been the Colts knew he wasn't going to make the top 53 out the gates so they didn't want him to get to much film out there and maybe draw interest from other teams.

Like the PS chance, especially since he is from Indy, and he signed UDFA offer with us.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, w87r said:

It could speak to that, or it could've been the Colts knew he wasn't going to make the top 53 out the gates so they didn't want him to get to much film out there and maybe draw interest from other teams.

Like the PS chance, especially since he is from Indy, and he signed UDFA offer with us.

I am not buying that, especially with him being in the first round of cuts.  I just don’t think he’s that good.

34 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah, I had higher hopes for Ekyior. Too bad. We could have used a solid interior lineman. 

He must have seriously underperformed to be released while we were thin at OG.  It's too bad.  I was looking for a diamond in the rough.  Looks like all we got was rough.

• Like 8

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I am not buying that, especially with him being in the first round of cuts.  I just don’t think he’s that good.

Often teams release guys early that they want to get to the practice squad. Try to hide them in the mix and not lumped with all the final moves.

Might not be the case here.

• Like 4

Just now, w87r said:

Often teams release guys early that they want to get to the practice squad. Try to hide them in the mix and not lumped with all the final moves.

Might not be the case here.

Not saying it’s not possible I am just not buying based on the things I’ve already said.  I think it’s just a sign he’s just not good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not saying it’s not possible I am just not buying based on the things I’ve already said.  I think it’s just a sign he’s just not good.

I just thought was weird to not give any offensive snaps against the Bears yet you play Vanderslice 33 snaps. Just seemed like something weird

Vanderslice is really bad, figure no matter how bad Ekiyor is he could get some live snaps.

IDK? Like I said just seems a little strange.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Funk did well on ST's from what I saw?  Hopefully he'll clear waivers and be on PS.

I am not ruling him out for the main roster.  A lot will depend on what happens with Taylor and Moss.

Just now, w87r said:

I just thought was weird to not give any offensive snaps against the Bears yet you play Vanderslice 33 snaps. Just seemed like something weird

Vanderslice is really bad, figure no matter how bad Ekiyor is he could get some live snaps.

IDK? Like I said just seems a little strange.

Not that strange if they think Ekiyor is worse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not that strange if they think Ekiyor is worse

Now that I don't buy.

Ekiyor looked pretty decent in the 4th quarter of game 1(preseason).

Vanderslice didn't even look like he belonged in the XFL.

35 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think Ekiyor was ever as good as some wanted him to be and his release was not that hard for the Colts.  The facts he wasn’t even playing the last couple of games and the Colts are so thin at guard speaks to that.

Yeah I sure was hoping.  I guess his play from Alabama didn't translate to the NFL.

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

Now that I don't buy.

Ekiyor looked pretty decent in the 4th quarter of game 1(preseason).

Vanderslice didn't even look like he belonged in the XFL.

I don’t think Ekiyor looked decent in the 4th quarter.  In fact I think he looked awful.  Again, I just don’t think he’s good and some Colts fans wanted him to be so they viewed him with some blue colored glasses.  I remember the day he was signed some dubbed him as the starter at right guard for the Colts this year and I always thought that was a stretch, it’s hard for any rookie lineman to start right away unless you are like Nelson.  Most just don’t have the strength required for the NFL.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Actually, we have handled Eik exactly how you do to get him on the PS.

O'Donnell is ahead of him as were Pinter and Frank because they are experienced at G and C. 

• Like 1