Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver wire pick ups discussion (MERGE) Title Updated pg 10.

GoColts8818

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I have a feeling, if we do, they will be uneventful

It might not even be today, might be tomorrow.

I do think there is a decent chance we at least put a claim in on 1 of those Eagles lineman. Hopefully 2.

Those are only 2 at the moment that are intriguing.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Won't be surprised if we end up signing Kareem Hunt... although I kinda wish we wouldn't

Think we only sign him if we trade Taylor. Still maybe not even then, but that's the only way I see it a possibility.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Think we only sign him if we trade Taylor. Still maybe not even then, but that's the only way I see it a possibility.

I have a feeling we sign him. even though Taylor has been up in the air, the Colts were ready to sign Hunt the other day, but he left...

One of the Colts twitter insiders posted the other day, he expects the Colts to sign Hunt this week.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We may need you one day, you have entered an old folks home Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

funny enough ive been working as a nurse assitant for some years now

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

Sure hoping 4pm brings us a couple waiver claims.

think it will be right at 4p?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKB said:

think it will be right at 4p?

If it is today, again, it might be tomorrow depending on timing of their waiver. It might trickle in a little after that. Should be somewhere close to that though.

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

If it is today, again, it might be tomorrow depending on timing of their waiver. It might trickle in a little after that. Should be somewhere close to that though.

Could it be today? even though there are still preseason games being played? 

15 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I have a feeling we sign him. even though Taylor has been up in the air, the Colts were ready to sign Hunt the other day, but he left...

One of the Colts twitter insiders posted the other day, he expects the Colts to sign Hunt this week.

Just asking the question… why would we sign Hunt now as opposed to a week or more ago when he was here meeting with the brass?

What would have been the benefit of waiting to sign him? The sooner they signed him the quicker he can learn the playbook and the quicker he would have been on the field. I just don’t think we will sign him unless we get into some kind of a pickle at this point. I’m just saying if they wanted him I would think common sense means he’d already be on the team.

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Just asking the question… why would we sign Hunt now as opposed to a week or more ago when he was here meeting with the brass?

What would have been the benefit of waiting to sign him? The sooner they signed him the quicker he can learn the playbook and the quicker he would have been on the field. I just don’t think we will sign him unless we get into some kind of a pickle at this point. I’m just saying if they wanted him I would think common sense means he’d already be on the team.

I don't know. Personally, I hope we don't sign him. But it was reported the colts were close to signing him, but he ended up leaving, hoping for a better offer. Then one of the Colts twitter insiders posted he expected the team to sign him this week. I cant remember the guys name, but he is often right. Maybe Ballard is ready to throw him a bit more change?

26 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I think that was Hunts own doing. He wanted to shop around and see if someone else had better offers. 

25 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I don't know. Personally, I hope we don't sign him. But it was reported the colts were close to signing him, but he ended up leaving, hoping for a better offer. Then one of the Colts twitter insiders posted he expected the team to sign him this week. I cant remember the guys name, but he is often right. Maybe Ballard is ready to throw him a bit more change?

If we sign him I'm wondering if we keep Moss? Same guy to me, only Hunt is bigger. I like both of them, but can't say I see a need for both.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Looks like the (2) Eagles OL weren't officially waived till today. So tomorrow at 4pm, to be claimed or become UFA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/eagles/.amp/news/philadephia-eagles-cutdown-moves-53-man-roster-tracker-dan-arnold-jacksonville-jaguars

Center Cameron Tom from that list might be worth a look as well. 

62 snap this preseason, all at center.

Pff grades:
pass 80.8

run 81.6

total 80.6

He’s 28. The Saints got him in ‘17 as a udfa. Haven’t played a lot of regular season snaps, but his preseason grades have gotten better every year. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I would be on the lookout for OLinemen, back-up LB's (with ST's value) and RB as areas of improvement thru waivers. 

Every other spot they seem to be 'verbally' happy with their depth to include the very young CB room.........

Perhaps we trade from a position of strength to instead of allowing a player they covet to hit the waiver wire? Trade one of our TE's that perhaps the new coach is not fond of? Chicago, Philly or Carolina would be optimum spots since the coached there are aware of what our players bring to the table.

Not happy with the likes of Speed, JoJo, Stuard, Olubi, on ST?

Just now, Jackie Daytona said:

Not happy with the likes of Speed, JoJo, Stuard, Olubi, on ST?

Not happy with JoJo or Olubi if they have to play defense…..Speed yes and Stuart maybe.

No depth if/when Leonard gets hurt. Franklin and Speed could be solid starting unit but then who plays SAM and who backs them up? Stuart? 

Bot really feeling that depth….

6 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Not happy with JoJo or Olubi if they have to play defense…..Speed yes and Stuart maybe.

No depth if/when Leonard gets hurt. Franklin and Speed could be solid starting unit but then who plays SAM and who backs them up? Stuart? 

I feel good about Olubi on defense as long as he isn't lined up covering speedsters. That's a mismatch all day for pretty much any LBer, though.

3 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I know no one cares, but if they sign Hunt, I will not be pulling for the Colts as long as he’s on the team. 

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

I felt this way too, to begin the preseason... but now, from watching Stuard, I'm thinking, if given the shot, he would do really well. I would think Dorman would back up Franklin, and Stuard / Leonard and Speed?

Honestly, I have my doubts as to how effective Leonard will be, so we may very well need these backup LBs as the year goes on.

• Like 2

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/christian-covington-germain-ifedi-among-first-lions-cuts

Christian Covington, Germain Ifedi among first Lions cuts

...The Lions also released offensive linemen Germain Ifedi and Bobby Hart. Both players have extensive experience and could land as depth for other teams at some point in the future...

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

All the lineman worth anything are going to be gone. Steelers just traded a guard that started all 17 games last season.

Yeah. There is always a slim chance they could find a lineman from waivers... but pretty much knew all along, Ballard will have to live and die by the roster he assembled this year.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, colts52761 said:

alex leatherwood?

Graded out good as pass protection this preseason but in the 40's run blocking and total PFF score.

Another option:(Browns cut)

Bringing over another good post/option by @Solid84from NFL Gen

"  1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

G Colby Gossett might be interesting. 

He’s 28 and has a little more than 300 regular season snaps in his career. Played both LG and RG and interestingly generally seems to grade better the more RG snaps he has. 

This 2023 preseason he has a total of 178 snaps 142 of which were at RG. 

pass 63.3

run 77.3

total 76.0

During the ‘22 preseason he played solely RG and scored pretty well. 

pass 77.0

run 75.8

total 78.9

That’s of course likely against 2nd or 3rd stringers, but still"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

James Robinson  is too similar  to hull.

Yeah, I'm good with James Robinson.(as in not having him)

Hell, I'm good with what we have , tbh.

Hunt is intriguing on field wise, but tough to overlook the rest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

The reason was discussed by every news report related to his not signing here on his visit. And in probably at least a few dozen posts here.

He had visited several teams that showed interest, meaning there was competition for his services.

At least for the next couple years Always ask yourself why would Anyone want to come hear?  They want $$, they want to play in a system and for a coach that will use them the way they like, and most want to win.

He most likely came here to create leverage for $$ from a team with better prospects this season. If others don't want him he will take our $$.

6 hours ago, AKB said:

i think i joined the forum in 2018, but for like the first year or so i mainly just read what people were saying unless i saw something crazy, then i had to add my 2 cents lol 

Patmon Fountain and Cain all made plays against us this pre season

6 hours ago, w87r said:

I joined sometime in 06, then left for a while before coming back in 2018. 

I joined in ‘06 originally too. It was my senior year in high school. What an awesome year that was! 

Lost my email address to Russian hackers of all things, so my original account was lost to time. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't heard from him in months. Hope he is ok. East Street hasn't logged in, in months either.

7 hours ago, AKB said:

wish east street would hop back on so i can have someone to argue with every day 

I think East Street was taking the summer off and coming back for the preseason if I remember right.

No clue with PT

7 hours ago, AKB said:

yes im aware im one of the younger posters on here, im 26, nursing student

yes, sadly

Pshhhh you an old person:lol: I just turned 26 a few days ago, Staff Accountant