Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zack Moss to miss 4-6 Weeks for Broken Arm

RollerColt

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Colts have no weapons: finally go out and get TEs and WRs

Colts have no QBs: Finally draft a dude after dumpster diving for 5 years.

Now we got no RBs haha

2006 was a great, year and Soo far away and probably once in a lifetime haha

But I have heard finding quality running backs is easy.   There must be a ton of them available 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

But I have heard finding quality running backs is easy.   There must be a ton of them available 

We are cursed lol all the talk about not enough value at the RB position last couple days now we are giving them value haha

In 30 years from now there will this thing called the Manning Curse.. you heard it here first lol

35 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

All we need is another young RB at a cheap price for depth. What will make or break the run game this year if we can get the oline back up to par, and how quick Steichens scheme takes shape. I think we will also see some TEs and WR with some carries as well off mis direction. I more worried about the state of the oline than RB.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2023/05/evan-hull-dynasty-rookie-draft-advice-2023-fantasy-football/

Interesting forcast (from May 6, 2023) by this fantasy blogger...

...Dynasty Outlook: I'm an Evan Hull fanboy, and I don't care who knows it. Hull has a three-down workhorse build and skillset. Zack Moss and Deon Jackson are scrubs to which new head coach Shane Steichen has no previous ties. The fifth-round pick could quickly ascend to RB2 on the Colts' depth chart and factor in on passing downs. Jonathan Taylor is an unrestricted free agent after this season. I'm not saying that Hull is the heir apparent because the team could easily sign Taylor to an extension at any moment, but I also won't rule out that Hull could take over for Taylor if the team moves on. Hull will slip to the fourth or maybe fifth round in many rookie dynasty drafts. I have no issues with anyone drafting him as early as the late-third round. This class becomes a grab bag of "get your guys" after round two...

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Things are really opening up for Evan Hull 

...or might hasten the JT deal and test his 3 down abilities; a back loaded deal with $25 mil. guaranteed, close to Derrick Henry GTD territory, but first 3 years with all the $25 mil. GTD and next 2 years with non-guaranteed $15 mil. with an out after 3 years. (essentially 5 years $40 mil. but the GTD portion is what counts for him).

If AR works out like Lamar Jackson did for the Ravens, by the time AR is getting ready to be paid, JT's contract is up and we would be able to maximize both in the rookie contract and prime, IMO.

The bad vibes should not let us sour on JT and we should think of the positives that could come out of this situation.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.fantasypros.com/2023/05/evan-hull-dynasty-rookie-draft-advice-2023-fantasy-football/

Interesting forcast (from May 6, 2023) by this fantasy blogger...

. the team could easily sign Taylor to an extension at any moment, 

Looks like, for 16 million, that's not gonna be easy and Hull better be good to start his Rookie campaign. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I don’t understand how he might be able to play football in four (to six) weeks after having a broken arm? I thought that would take months? What am I missing? :scratch:

I think the bone only takes a couple weeks to set and he can play with brace 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I wonder if the colts should bring in another running back? With Taylor disgruntled….moss with the broken arm……we’re stuck with a scrub and a rookie. Couldn’t hurt to bring in a vet…..Elliot,Cook, hunt, fournette or even marlon Mack.

Cook will want around 10 a,year so I don't see that happening. I will go on and on but Steichen is the key and how valuable does he see Taylor as being to his offence. I think if he thought JT was going to be a stud, there would be more pressure from him to get a deal done.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love it, I think JT is better but not by much. Cook is very good and fast. 

I think JT is a much better runner, but I think Cook is a better receiver, so Cook might just be a better weapon.

The sad thing is, I think JT might have turned into the Colts best RB ever, ring of honour, potential HOFer, my favourite Colt … but now I loathe him and I don’t know if he can be redeemed in my eyes.  I am just so utterly disgusted by his turning his nose up at the Colts, his being a completen #@&**er regarding his contract obligation, his hiring an effhead of an agent, and for his being a dumbazz in allowing himself to be used as a patsy by the RB zoom-call gang.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love it, I think JT is better but not by much. Cook is very good and fast. 

Dan Patrick suggested this this morning but I don’t think Cook really wants to come to Indy.  Now, that could all change if the Colts are willing to give him the money he wants but if they were willing to do that they would probably just give it to Taylor.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Dan Patrick suggested this this morning but I don’t think Cook really wants to come to Indy.  Now, that could all change if the Colts are willing to give him the money he wants but if they were willing to do that they would probably just give it to Taylor.

I doubt they go after Cook. How would it look if they offered Cook money and failed to extend Taulor. Jow it could work if say they signed Cook go say 11 mill a year and let it leak out that Tsylor wanted 16 million. I think the rbs will be fine.  I am expecting the Olinecto bounce back. 

FWIW:

This morning on the NFL Network, it was reported Moss has had surgery, and the timeline is 6 weeks.   That would put him back right around the season opener which is 9/10. 

Wouldn’t be surprising if they held him out for a week or so for precaution.   But either way, Moss shouldn’t miss much time.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:

This morning on the NFL Network, it was reported Moss has had surgery, and the timeline is 6 weeks.   That would put him back right around the season opener which is 9/10. 

Wouldn’t be surprising if they held him out for a week or so for precaution.   But either way, Moss shouldn’t miss much time.  

That means he’d basically be missing all of TC though, and might have a little rust. May take another 2-3 games for him to be back 100%.