Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Isaiah Rodgers being investigated for gambling policy infractions ((MERGE))


CR91

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

 

Just because there wasn't a big bet on whatever app doesn't mean there wasn't a big bet somewhere. But we do know there was betting of some kind. They are going to absolutely investigate if he was betting on games he was playing in and they should.

 

I didn't say they wouldn't investigate to the fullest.Also ,  it's already been stated that he bet on some Colt games. I don't recall that he was inactive much last year , so he probably played in those games. Word was he bet on the Houston game. Thing is , IMO , I think they find it very unlikely he bet AGAINST the Colts. That would be insane and just saying I doubt very much they will find ANYTHING that will result in even a suspicion that he blew plays to accommodate a bet he made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dw49 said:

 

I didn't say they wouldn't investigate to the fullest.Also ,  it's already been stated that he bet on some Colt games. I don't recall that he was inactive much last year , so he probably played in those games. Word was he bet on the Houston game. Thing is , IMO , I think they find it very unlikely he bet AGAINST the Colts. That would be insane and just saying I doubt very much they will find ANYTHING that will result in even a suspicion that he blew plays to accommodate a bet he made.

 

He was actually inactive against NYG and HOU in the last two games. So maybe his IND bets occurred then. But it sounds like there were hundreds of bets (across NFL bets), so hard to imagine all of his Colts bets occurred during those two weeks he was inactive.

 

That would be similar to the Ridley situation, which would probably be the best scenario for him. 

 

I doubt they could prove anything from tape anyways. But the speculation would be nearly as bad. Rodgers blowing plays to accommodate $25-50 bets is irrational, but him knowing the fix is in and wanting to make a few free bucks off that is not that crazy. And naturally the conversation would shift to who else was involved.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

 

He was actually inactive against NYG and HOU in the last two games. So maybe his IND bets occurred then. But it sounds like there were hundreds of bets (across NFL bets), so hard to imagine all of his Colts bets occurred during those two weeks he was inactive.

 

That would be similar to the Ridley situation, which would probably be the best scenario for him. 

 

I doubt they could prove anything from tape anyways. But the speculation would be nearly as bad. Rodgers blowing plays to accommodate $25-50 bets is irrational, but him knowing the fix is in and wanting to make a few free bucks off that is not that crazy. And naturally the conversation would shift to who else was involved.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So you’re implying the games were fixed? By whom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we have seen the last of Isaiah 

 

If Ridley received one year suspension for 4 bets

 

Rodgers should get a minimum of 2 years for "100s of bets"

 

He was also deceiving in his manner of placing the bets (Having a fake account set up)

 

 

Sorry kid...... but I think he is cut in a short time period

 

 

We should be bringing in a vet

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, csmopar said:

So you’re implying the games were fixed? By whom

 

No. I am not implying anything. I don't know the details.

 

But if he was betting against the Colts in games where he was playing, naturally people will and should wonder if he was alone, or if he knew something. And tape like the 2H of that MIN game would just add fuel to that type of speculation.

 

The outcomes of NFL games being fixed isn't a new idea. I don't think you need to be a conspiracy theorist to sometimes question what is happening on the field. It is an entertainment business after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

 

He was actually inactive against NYG and HOU in the last two games. So maybe his IND bets occurred then. But it sounds like there were hundreds of bets (across NFL bets), so hard to imagine all of his Colts bets occurred during those two weeks he was inactive.

 

That would be similar to the Ridley situation, which would probably be the best scenario for him. 

 

I doubt they could prove anything from tape anyways. But the speculation would be nearly as bad. Rodgers blowing plays to accommodate $25-50 bets is irrational, but him knowing the fix is in and wanting to make a few free bucks off that is not that crazy. And naturally the conversation would shift to who else was involved.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The word we had was he bet on some Colt games , including a larger bet on the Houston game. So you really don't if your statement of "so hard to imagine all of his Colts bets occurred during those two weeks he was inactive" is accurate or not. There was nothing released that indicated he bet on a "lot" of Colt games. 

 

We also have ZERO indication that ANY games in the NFL were "fixed." This is a guy that made multiple bets , mostly $50 to $100. IMO , there is NOTHING here for a REASONABLE person to start "speculating that "any fix was in. " I'm a betting person that used to be very involved in sports betting and Casino games . I would lay 50-1 that this is not a "syndicate" type thing where NFL games were fixed. I've seen zero speculation that Ridley or the Detroit players were involved at what you're presenting here. This really isn't your "sweet spot" as it's like 90% this kid has a gambling problem or was just silly enough to think he could never get caught . Furthermore he played very well and was playing for millions in his next contract.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I havent read all 9 pages but did the Colts know this was coming, which is why we drafted 3 corners, or are these two things completely separate from each other?

Conflicting information. Most though points to lack of advance awareness 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I havent read all 9 pages but did the Colts know this was coming, which is why we drafted 3 corners, or are these two things completely separate from each other?

Query said his source is telling him the Colts are learning about this with us, while Rodgers knew he was under investigation since February. Kind of sounds unbelievable to be honest... but who knows? :dunno:

 

Holder is saying the same:

 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

Query said his source is telling him the Colts are learning about this with us, while Rodgers knew he was under investigation since February. Kind of sounds unbelievable to be honest... but who knows? :dunno:

I also think its unbelievable

 

The NFL is a VERY tight knit group......  If Rodgers was being looked at, you would think that they would have been at least given a heads up

 

Anything COULD have happened, but unlikely

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

I also think its unbelievable

 

The NFL is a VERY tight knit group......  If Rodgers was being looked at, you would think that they would have been at least given a heads up

 

Anything COULD have happened, but unlikely

If February is true, we were neck deep in coaching searches and the QB situation. Is it possible that someone missed the notification? Especially with the staff turnover?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I havent read all 9 pages but did the Colts know this was coming, which is why we drafted 3 corners, or are these two things completely separate from each other?

It's reported that the investigation into Rodgers were happening since February. It's possible Colts were informed by the league then, which I think is a very likely possibility. 

 

It's also possible that investigation details from the league to the Colts could've just indicated a Colts player was involved, and Colts were not aware which player was involved before the draft. League identifies bettors based on multiple factors and I think they found out using Geolocation information being shared by betting agencies that many bets were made in Indianapolis and that account seemed to be associated with a Colts player, possibly the bank account details. There are probably complications on state laws on which data can be shared with the league, so it probably took time to narrow down on the player before the draft.

 

So it's not ascertained Yet at this point whether Colts know the player involved in the investigation before the draft.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm curious if a lot of these NFL players that are gambling and getting caught (and will get caught with the second wave of investigations) are gambling addicts. There are a lot of them that have probably never revealed this addiction in the past, and with gambling being made legal in the U.S. and easier than ever to access on sites like Fanduel and Draftkings, it's so much easier to gamble and become addicted to the point (in Rodgers case) where you make 100s of bets because you are a millionaire. 

 

There's also possible inside information and the possible desperation among rookies and lesser players to make money because they aren't getting paid yet or they aren't good enough to get a payday, that they could easily use info that no one has access to to not only win games, but to possibly rig games slightly in schemes like point shaving. Point shaving happened in college basketball with Stevin Smith at Arizona State when he had to pay back a debt for gambling and wanted to live the high life. 

 

There's just so many things that can be opened up with gambling these days in sports, and if you are addicted, that makes things worse. I'm curious if Rodgers is a gambling addict. If he's making 100s of bets, there's certainly a possibility. 

Honestly, I think part of it is the gamification of sports betting. Its no longer having to have a bookie and call in bets to them. The apps we have now make it so easy and almost a game in itself. I don't bet on sports, but I can definitely see how it would be extremely easy to place a lot of little bet in a short amount of time. People are making 100's of bets sound like some insane excessive number, but I'd think that its probably fairly in line with regular Fan Duel, DraftKings, etc. users.

 

10 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

I understand substance addiction but, honestly, I have trouble wrapping my brain around being addicted to gambling. What’s it like? Drug addiction — you feel like your body is going to fail you and there’s intense craving/pain if you can’t feed the addiction. Is gambling the same — I mean, you haven’t created a chemical dependency, you’re chasing excitement? A rush?  I’m not saying gambling addiction does not exist, so pearl clutchers and virtue signalers can move on. Can anyone explain it w some expertise?  I’d be up for learning. 

Jared hit on it well, but its very much what he mentioned about serotonin and dopamine reactions. Those are the same chemicals that get released when you use drugs. A big part of drug addiction is the dopamine reaction when the substance is used. Since gambling addiction involves the same neurotransmitters, addiction is the same from that respect. You just don't have the added complication of the substance and it's side effects as well. At the end of the day, addiction is addiction.

 

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

By admitting an "error in judgement", it means that the NFL has proof that he gambled on games. He can't get out of that.

I think it was actually a fairly broad admission of guilt where he didn't say what he did, just that he made a bad decision. I don't think that'll matter either way though.

 

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

 

Yikes is right.

 

(2:15 4Q): He was lined up against Cook on that game-winning TD. Just kind of hangs around and then eventually chases him down and misses the tackle. 

 

(5:30 4Q): The other TD was when Thielen was wide open. I don't know if it was him or Blackmon, but both missed their assignments.

 

This game does look a bit sketchy on second view.

 

I didn't see anything in that video that made me think Rodgers was intentionally sabotaging the s

game.

 

The Cook TD looked like he was keeping sideline containment then made a bad tackle attempt from a poor angle.

 

The Thielen TD it looks like he bit on the play action a little and got picked a little by Osbourne.

 

There could be some plays not on that highlight that show differently, but his effort every time he was on screen looked to be at a high level to me.

 

At this point, I hope it was just bets that didn't involve him trying to influence the game to win the bet and until there's information saying that was the case, I'll refrain from judging him on something that's purely conjecture and only on what we know.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dw49 said:

The word we had was he bet on some Colt games , including a larger bet on the Houston game. So you really don't if your statement of "so hard to imagine all of his Colts bets occurred during those two weeks he was inactive" is accurate or not. There was nothing released that indicated he bet on a "lot" of Colt games. 

 

We also have ZERO indication that ANY games in the NFL were "fixed." This is a guy that made multiple bets , mostly $50 to $100. IMO , there is NOTHING here for a REASONABLE person to start "speculating that "any fix was in. " I'm a betting person that used to be very involved in sports betting and Casino games . I would lay 50-1 that this is not a "syndicate" type thing where NFL games were fixed. I've seen zero speculation that Ridley or the Detroit players were involved at what you're presenting here. This really isn't your "sweet spot" as it's like 90% this kid has a gambling problem or was just silly enough to think he could never get caught . Furthermore he played very well and was playing for millions in his next contract.
 

 

 

We don't have the details. There were hundreds of bets were placed during the season and some were Colts bets. We don't know how many and when. But since he was only inactive for the last two games, it's very likely he was making some type of NFL bets when he was active.

 

So it's possible that some of those NFL bets were bets on the Colts while he was playing. We will have to wait to get confirmation on that. 

 

Ridley wasn't playing, so of course there wasn't any speculation that he was involved in the outcome. And it was never reported that the two DET players were betting on DET games...just NFL games. The other two DET players weren't even betting on the NFL, which is why they only got six games instead of an indefinite suspension. So there wouldn't be speculation toward that end.

 

Betting on your own team while playing is not something we have seen. And if he bet AGAINST the Colts while he was playing, that is completely uncharted territory. A reasonable person might choose to downplay that as some kid who was just being silly and didn't think he could get caught...or they might think more into it.

 

And if he has a true gambling problem that is bad enough to cause him to rules and risk those millions in his next contract, then what other things could he have done?

 

Even if he made a big bet AGAINST IND in that HOU game...that was the game where Thomas alligator-armed a Hail Mary on 4th and 20 to allow Akins to get the TD. And then Thomas followed that up by getting dusted by Akins on the two-point conversion, which won the game for HOU. Let's be honest...the end of the game was fluky as it gets, especially with it being the difference between HOU getting the #1 pick and the Colts getting the #6 pick. The Colts had a 97% win probability prior to that play and somehow lost that game.

 

Admittedly, I am speculating based on thing we don't know yet. And if he wasn't betting against the Colts, then you are likely correct. But if he was betting against the Colts, this story is likely to get worse.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't believe Rodgers was tanking games, the guy finished #5 of all CBs in PFF rating.

 

Hard to tank games and play at that high level, saying that, it only takes a play here or there to possibly move the spread. So possibility exist.

 

 

I think it is logical to think that he bet on the team to win and cover spreads, but the info isn't there right now.

 

If he bet on us to lose, different ball game, although still tough to put those pieces together with the way he played for a season. Again though, it only takes a play here or there to flip the script. Possibility.

 

 

The fact that he likely bet on games he played in, his suspension will be longer than a year. If he bet for us to lose, his career is over. Might be anyway if he bet on games he played in.

 

Integrity is a big deal

 

 

@NFLfanI did go back earlier and read through the 2nd half of the Vikings/Colts thread. Interesting read through. No mention of Rodgers, but looking at some of the info posted here, probably should of been.

 

Not that I think he threw the game or anything, but does look like he had a rough 4th quarter like the rest of them.

 

 

Biggest issue with betting on games you play in, isn't really even about what Rodgers bet.  It is, what if he was compromised and getting blackmailed to keep his secret and made someone else a lot of money. Not saying this happened, but looking at what he bet on said games isn't relevant to this possibility. 

 

That is the biggest fear for the NFL, which is why I think he is probably done either way, if he did in fact bet on Colts games he played in, win or lose. He only missed the last 2 games so that decreases those odds quite a bit. Doesn't mean those 2 games weren't the only 2 he bet on, hopefully we find out sooner than later.

 

 

I will say I don't like he handled the fallout. Knew about in February and didn't tell the Colts? Find it hard to believe we didn't know at some point prior to yesterday, but I guess we will see.

 

His statement didn't really take accountability, said he made an error in judgement, it was quite a few(hundreds) errors in judgement. He didn't even apologize to his family in the statement, they are the ones effected the most. Just seem ChatGPT'd to me

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not defending Rogers at all. It seems like the league has a double standard since they are partanering and making money off the gambling themselves. The league could just as easily control outcomes of games as players, with refs and rules. I believe that any sports league shouldn't be partanered with gambling it creates a reasonable doubt perception that ruins the integrity of the sport for me.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/06/isaiah-rodgers-faces-potential-banishment-from-the-nfl/

Quote

 

The statement issued on Monday night by Colts cornerback Isaiah Rodgers seems to suggest a belief that, after serving whatever suspension is imposed on him by the Commissioner, he’ll return to the NFL.

That might not be the case.

Rodgers’s allegedly “pervasive” gambling violations, reportedly including wagers involving the Colts, could be enough for the Commissioner to decide to give him the gambling policy’s version of the death penalty.

Permanent banishment.

Here’s the key language from the 2022 gambling policy, a copy of which PFT has obtained: “Apparent or alleged violations of this Policy by NFL Personnel will continue to be decided by the Commissioner or his designee on a case-by-case basis. Violations of this Policy constitute conduct detrimental to the League and will subject the involved club and/or person(s) to appropriate disciplinary action by the Commissioner. Disciplinary action may include, without limitation, severe penalties up to and including a fine, termination of employment and/or banishment from the NFL for life.” (Emphasis added.)

 

Quote

 

Based on other punishments, an indefinite suspension of at least one year is a given. The broad language of the policy puts banishment on the table. The question is what it will take for the Commissioner to go that far.

 

Much of it depends on the eventual facts of the case. If he ever bet on the Colts to lose, that would be grounds for a no-questions-asked banishment.

 

 

There's a little bit more to the article

 

 

Pretty accurate to what the thoughts that have been floating around here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Honestly, I think part of it is the gamification of sports betting. Its no longer having to have a bookie and call in bets to them. The apps we have now make it so easy and almost a game in itself. I don't bet on sports, but I can definitely see how it would be extremely easy to place a lot of little bet in a short amount of time. People are making 100's of bets sound like some insane excessive number, but I'd think that its probably fairly in line with regular Fan Duel, DraftKings, etc. users.

 

Jared hit on it well, but its very much what he mentioned about serotonin and dopamine reactions. Those are the same chemicals that get released when you use drugs. A big part of drug addiction is the dopamine reaction when the substance is used. Since gambling addiction involves the same neurotransmitters, addiction is the same from that respect. You just don't have the added complication of the substance and it's side effects as well. At the end of the day, addiction is addiction.

 

I think it was actually a fairly broad admission of guilt where he didn't say what he did, just that he made a bad decision. I don't think that'll matter either way though.

 

I didn't see anything in that video that made me think Rodgers was intentionally sabotaging the s

game.

 

The Cook TD looked like he was keeping sideline containment then made a bad tackle attempt from a poor angle.

 

The Thielen TD it looks like he bit on the play action a little and got picked a little by Osbourne.

 

There could be some plays not on that highlight that show differently, but his effort every time he was on screen looked to be at a high level to me.

 

At this point, I hope it was just bets that didn't involve him trying to influence the game to win the bet and until there's information saying that was the case, I'll refrain from judging him on something that's purely conjecture and only on what we know.

 

That's the thing. You have individual over/under bets for over/under on rushing, receiving, passing, TDs, etc for a single game. You can bet the 1st TD scorer to the last TD scorer.

 

You could bet one 1:00 slate in the NFL and put in a hundred small prop bets if you really wanted. So I would like to know what types of bets he was making. 

 

I am not accusing Rodgers or even implying that he did anything because we don't know anything yet. I am just saying that IF he was betting against the Colts in games which he was on the field, it will rightfully open a whole new can of worms. It's a tough sell at that point and people will speculate on why he bet against them. What did he know? What did he do?

 

I would disagree about his effort on that Cook TD. But then again, it was most of the defense in that 2H. The body language was just awful. To go from an historically great defensive showing to being the worst defense in the NFL in the span of halftime is certainly questionable from at least an effort standpoint.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Not defending Rogers at all. It seems like the league has a double standard since they are partanering and making money off the gambling themselves. The league could just as easily control outcomes of games as players, with refs and rules. I believe that any sports league shouldn't be partanered with gambling it creates a reasonable doubt perception that ruins the integrity of the sport for me.

 

At least the players do benefit from those partnerships. Gambling pumps billions into the NFL revenue stream, which raises the salary cap and allows players to make more money. All they have to do is not bet on the NFL or at an NFL facility.

 

But I agree that these gambling partnership have created an atmosphere of doubt. Or should I say...they have exacerbated it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Making 10,20 and 50 dollar bets risking his career when he is earning megga-bucks. Don't dump him for betting dump him for being stupid. Betting goes hand-in-hand with professional sports now. It is everywhere just like the sponsors are beer and whiskey makers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, w87r said:

 

 

@NFLfanI did go back earlier and read through the 2nd half of the Vikings/Colts thread. Interesting read through. No mention of Rodgers, but looking at some of the info posted here, probably should of been.

 

Not that I think he threw the game or anything, but does look like he had a rough 4th quarter like the rest of them.

 

 

Biggest issue with betting on games you play in, isn't really even about what Rodgers bet.  It is, what if he was compromised and getting blackmailed to keep his secret and made someone else a lot of money. Not saying this happened, but looking at what he bet on said games isn't relevant to this possibility. 

 

That is the biggest fear for the NFL, which is why I think he is probably done either way, if he did in fact bet on Colts games he played in, win or lose. He only missed the last 2 games so that decreases those odds quite a bit. Doesn't mean those 2 games weren't the only 2 he bet on, hopefully we find out sooner than later.

 

 

I will say I don't like he handled the fallout. Knew about in February and didn't tell the Colts? Find it hard to believe we didn't know at some point prior to yesterday, but I guess we will see.

 

His statement didn't really take accountability, said he made an error in judgement, it was quite a few(hundreds) errors in judgement. He didn't even apologize to his family in the statement, they are the ones effected the most. Just seem ChatGPT'd to me

 

To the bolded...I agree. Just because he didn't place a huge bet on that app...doesn't mean there wasn't a huge bet placed somewhere and for some reason (whether that was blackmail or he was just getting a nice piece of it).

 

And even if a player wasn't tanking with his play, he could have still known about it and wanted to get in on it. 

 

I realize that's just wild speculation because we don't have facts, like what type of bets and when. But that is the type of speculation that will inevitably follow if he was found to be betting against the Colts, especially in a game where they lost. People will be combing over his tape to find instances. And that MIN game is probably where they would start.

 

But all of that speculation is also why I doubt we will ever get the facts. Everybody involved has a vested interest to keep that from getting out.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

If February is true, we were neck deep in coaching searches and the QB situation. Is it possible that someone missed the notification? Especially with the staff turnover?

Nah, that isn't something that's going to slip through the cracks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Not defending Rogers at all. It seems like the league has a double standard since they are partanering and making money off the gambling themselves. The league could just as easily control outcomes of games as players, with refs and rules. I believe that any sports league shouldn't be partanered with gambling it creates a reasonable doubt perception that ruins the integrity of the sport for me.

No one person has control of that stuff, its done as a collective.

 

It would take a vast network to affect these games on that level, and they wouldnt be able to keep it quiet very long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

 

At least the players do benefit from those partnerships. Gambling pumps billions into the NFL revenue stream, which raises the salary cap and allows players to make more money. All they have to do is not bet on the NFL or at an NFL facility.

 

But I agree that these gambling partnership have created an atmosphere of doubt. Or should I say...they have exacerbated it. 

Its like drugs. Youre far better off getting in on it and reaping some of the benefit, than trying to use your resources to keep it away, because no matter how hard you try, you are gonna fail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Well it doesn’t look good on these high character players in the locker room that we are supposed to have. Sad

 

Nothing gets past Brian Decker.

 

I'm surprised the Secret Service isn't calling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

He may have been playing the spread 

https://sportsdata.usatoday.com/football/nfl/odds/87736

 

Spread was:

+3.5 for Colts

-3.5 for Vikings

 

Colts lost by 3.

 

Not much of a gambler, so not sure what money line is(straight up?)? Think total points is pretty clear, what it is. Maybe not, with both teams having different numbers?(total points of each individual team; highest is winner?)  Gambling ignorance is a good thing for me I guess.

 

Then prop bets. Who knows there, too many options.

 

Not sure of other spreads throughout the season, but here is that games.

 

So playing the spread here was inconsequential because we had a big lead, no reason to tank and get the score closer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

 

We don't have the details. There were hundreds of bets were placed during the season and some were Colts bets. We don't know how many and when. But since he was only inactive for the last two games, it's very likely he was making some type of NFL bets when he was active.

 

So it's possible that some of those NFL bets were bets on the Colts while he was playing. We will have to wait to get confirmation on that. 

 

Ridley wasn't playing, so of course there wasn't any speculation that he was involved in the outcome. And it was never reported that the two DET players were betting on DET games...just NFL games. The other two DET players weren't even betting on the NFL, which is why they only got six games instead of an indefinite suspension. So there wouldn't be speculation toward that end.

 

Betting on your own team while playing is not something we have seen. And if he bet AGAINST the Colts while he was playing, that is completely uncharted territory. A reasonable person might choose to downplay that as some kid who was just being silly and didn't think he could get caught...or they might think more into it.

 

And if he has a true gambling problem that is bad enough to cause him to rules and risk those millions in his next contract, then what other things could he have done?

 

Even if he made a big bet AGAINST IND in that HOU game...that was the game where Thomas alligator-armed a Hail Mary on 4th and 20 to allow Akins to get the TD. And then Thomas followed that up by getting dusted by Akins on the two-point conversion, which won the game for HOU. Let's be honest...the end of the game was fluky as it gets, especially with it being the difference between HOU getting the #1 pick and the Colts getting the #6 pick. The Colts had a 97% win probability prior to that play and somehow lost that game.

 

Admittedly, I am speculating based on thing we don't know yet. And if he wasn't betting against the Colts, then you are likely correct. But if he was betting against the Colts, this story is likely to get worse.

 

 

 

So you are speculating that the Ivy League kid playing a whole lot of snaps could have been  involved in a gambling ring ? The big bets he made were said to be 2 bets in the low thousands. I'm very doubtful that he made any bets that would arise suspicions that he was trying to throw games. Anything is possible but what you have been saying is HIGHLY SPECULATIVE AND HIGHLY UNLIKELY . I mean it's possible that Anthony Richardson makes the All Pro team and the Colts win the SB. Possible is what you have and highly unlikely is how I describe it.

 

Why don't you just wait until you see all the facts before throwing all this speculative crap out there. I was betting $50 to $100 on NFL games when I was 10 years old. A kid that probably was placing bets with a college bookie got hooked on betting and made the bad judgement to keep betting is MOST likely what we have here. $50 to $100 bets in NO WAY IN THE NAME OF GOD indicative of a gambling scheme to fix NFL games.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

https://sportsdata.usatoday.com/football/nfl/odds/87736

 

Spread was:

+3.5 for Colts

-3.5 for Vikings

 

Colts lost by 3.

 

Not much of a gambler, so not sure what money line is(straight up?)? Think total points is pretty clear, what it is. Maybe not, with both teams having different numbers?(total points of each individual team; highest is winner?)  Gambling ignorance is a good thing for me I guess.

 

Then prop bets. Who knows there, too many options.

 

Not sure of other spreads throughout the season, but here is that games.

 

So playing the spread here was inconsequential because we had a big lead, no reason to tank and get the score closer.

 

You have a bunch of posters that know zippo about NFL spreads and betting. There is hardly a sliver of a chance that the kid was involved anymore than betting NFL games for peanut money. What a horrible decision he made and it's going to cost him dearly . But all this nonsense regarding the Minn and Houston games is really pure garbage.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Query said his source is telling him the Colts are learning about this with us, while Rodgers knew he was under investigation since February. Kind of sounds unbelievable to be honest... but who knows? :dunno:

 

Holder is saying the same:

 

 

If the Colts knew, perhaps they would not have traded Gilmore. Maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I havent read all 9 pages but did the Colts know this was coming, which is why we drafted 3 corners, or are these two things completely separate from each other?

 

They traded Gilmore. I don't think they knew.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Nah, that isn't something that's going to slip through the cracks.

You wouldn’t think so but the colts organization is made up of humans who make human mistakes. 

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

If the Colts knew, perhaps they would not have traded Gilmore. Maybe?

That was my thinking.  Either someone screwed up or the league and Rodgers kept it hidden 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

If the Colts knew, perhaps they would not have traded Gilmore. Maybe?

I think Gilmore was gone anyway.

 

Been said he requested a trade anyway.

 

We needed that cap savings

 

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

You wouldn’t think so but the colts organization is made up of humans who make human mistakes. 

 

Pretty big mistake to know and forget that your #1 CB is likely out for the year.

 

Possible, but don't see it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think Gilmore was gone anyway.

 

Been said he requested a trade anyway.

 

We needed that cap savings

 

Pretty big mistake to know and forget that your #1 CB is likely out for the year.

 

Possible, but don't see it 

All I’m saying it’s something I would have expected the Colts to get out ahead of and they didn’t. Which is rather uninformed the Colts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

All I’m saying it’s something I would have expected the Colts to get out ahead of and they didn’t. Which is rather uninformed the Colts.

Yeah either they didn't know initially, like some reports are saying, or they took the 3 CBs for this reason.

 

Would of expected a vet CB to be signed, although expected a vet RG to be signed as well. So who knows.

 

Either way I think Gilmore was gone and don't think they forgot about it.(Rodgers)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...