Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Isaiah Rodgers being investigated for gambling policy infractions ((MERGE))

CR91

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Pretty sure JMV verified what he said.

Verified that a friend told Query that it was 99% a defensive player with an opportunity out in front of him?

Like the Luck, Uber driver story? That wasn't a good lead in.

Hard sell, could be true, but now we know that the media ran with a story that doesn't have any base to it yet.

At least ol boy gave us how much Pittman " allegedly" bet and included a game as well.  I find that easier to believe than someone's friend told them something.

The Colts haven't told anyone about who it is, the NFL hasn't either. 

All speculation at this point, and for Destin to feel the need to make Rodger's name public without proof, is irresponsible. Was it irresponsible for the Boston guy to put out Pittman's name? Yes, it was, but like I said at least he had some info(whether true or not).

Where are all the other local guys? Why is it only Destin?

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Rodgers  is being investigated now we have to see if he actually did do it. Just a investigation right now.

Bottom line is you don't know this to be fact. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, w87r said:

Verified that a friend told Query that it was 99% a defensive player with an opportunity out in front of him?

Like the Luck, Uber driver story? That wasn't a good lead in.

Hard sell, could be true, but now we know that the media ran with a story that doesn't have any base to it yet.

At least ol boy gave us how much Pittman " allegedly" bet and included a game as well.  I find that easier to believe than someone's friend told them something.

The Colts haven't told anyone about who it is, the NFL hasn't either. 

All speculation at this point, and for Destin to feel the need to make Rodger's name public without proof, is irresponsible. Was it irresponsible for the Boston guy to put out Pittman's name? Yes, it was, but like I said at least he had some info(whether true or not).

Where are all the other local guys? Why is it only Destin?

JMV is usually right when he says things. He has all the Saturday stuff correct last year. Your just going to have to accept its Rodgers and let’s hope there is nothing to it.

11 minutes ago, w87r said:

Bottom line is you don't know this to be fact. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I trust Destin. He never would of said that if he didn’t feel good about sources. Now we wait and see if the investigation shows proof of it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37802067/nfl-investigating-colts-player-possible-betting

• Like 2

Feel a little better about the info now, but I'm not in denial about it being Rodgers.

The info up to that point just wasn't enough.

Those are pretty specific details. Which have been lacking up to this point.

• Like 1

The sports books are the ones turning these guys in. They’re not gonna sit back and let these guys torpedo that business. 

I’d really like to know the facts of the situation before I pass any real judgement, but for #s sake, after the league put Calvin Ridley on a platter and then made an example of him and clearly illustrated they were in fact going to exercise a zero tolerance policy it’s kinda hard to have any sympathy for anyone who has placed a bet and then got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

$25 to $50 bets. Is that really with losing your career?

Pete rose has a life time ban from baseball to include the HoF for betting on his team to WIN. Those bets weren’t much more

• Like 1

So much for our vetting process when it comes to drafting players.  This player obviously has a gambling problem and our scouts were not able to uncover it.  I am very skeptical that this just started up when he became an NFL player.  Certainly possible but at the level being reported and him knowing the consequences seems like he has a problem that he couldn’t control.

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

The sports books are the ones turning these guys in. They’re not gonna sit back and let these guys torpedo that business. 

I’d really like to know the facts of the situation before I pass any real judgement, but for #s sake, after the league put Calvin Ridley on a platter and then made an example of him and clearly illustrated they were in fact going to exercise a zero tolerance policy it’s kinda hard to have any sympathy for anyone who has placed a bet and then got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. 

Yeah I’m thinking it’ll at least be indefinite. Probably two years minimum maybe more

Saw something earlier this might go back to 2021.

If that’s true, adios Rodgers. Hope he made enough to cover his fines 

• Like 1

Here’s the other thing, Indiana has a fair tough racketeering law that includes betting as an athlete on games you play in. Even covers college kids and the like. Unless they’ve changed it. Been over a decade since I last heard of it being used to actually prosecute anyone but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t been

im not sure if any of the federal laws will apply since he bet on his own team. This could be interesting going forward. Jail time may be in the picture too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah I’m thinking it’ll at least be indefinite. Probably two years minimum maybe more

If that’s true, adios Rodgers. Hope he made enough to cover his fines 

It seems like I saw someone say that he had placed bets on Colts games, if he happened to bet against us I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lifetime ban. The first time they catch a player doing that, that’s gonna be the punishment. Hopefully we don’t get the be the team to bear that black mark, but if we are I guess that train has already left the station so here we go. 

Just an unnecessary, unforced error. 

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

It said (1) low 4 figure bet

yeah, so probably like a 1000-2000 dollar bet, and a lot more small ones.

the amount isn't the most important part tbh, 

imagine if he was betting on the colts to lose... that's gonna be hard to swallow.  He probably won't ever play a snap in the NFL again if he bets on his team to lose. 

• Like 3

Just now, AKB said:

imagine if he was betting on the colts to lose... that's gonna be hard to swallow.  He probably won't ever play a snap in the NFL again if he bets on his team to lose. 

Yep

• Like 1

its crazy how quick the league and roster can change.

not long ago my favorite players were Leonard, Hines, Moore, and Rodgers Sr.

Lenoard might never be the same, Kenny almost wasn't a Colt anymore, Hines is a Bill, and Rodgers is about to be removed from the NFL most likely. Crazy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AKB said:

welp, there goes the fastest player on our roster.

And he posted that 4 days ago on Twitter. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Source

That ESPN article punter posted above

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Course he’s innocent until he’s proven not. But generally by the time this stuff comes out, it’s usually cause the case is strong and they’re prepping the punishment 

That’s a court of law which this forum is not.  Not even the NFL holds its self to that standard when making decision on discipline.  They do an investigation and follow where that leads them even if not enough to hold up in a court of law.  We can look at what’s being reported and make a decision based on what’s being presented.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AKB said:

Yeah, I don't see how he ever plays again if he bet on us to lose.

And with how the year went, it wouldn't be a very smart move to bet on us to win...?

But hey, wasn't a smart move to make bets in the first place. Never know.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Yeah, I don't see how he ever plays again if he bet on us to lose.

And with how the year went, it wouldn't be a very smart move to bet on us to win...?

But hey, wasn't a smart move to make bets in the first place. Never know.

I agree, The fact that he was placing bets after the entire NFL world saw what happened to Ridley is mind-boggling. Just goes to show we can feel how we want about players but you never really know who they are.

Legit is one of my favorite colts, probably GG on that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s a court of law which this forum is not.  Not even the NFL holds its self to that standard when making decision on discipline.  They do an investigation and follow where that leads them even if not enough to hold up in a court of law.  We can look at what’s being reported and make a decision based on what’s being presented.

Very true im

just saying 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1