Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Isaiah Rodgers being investigated for gambling policy infractions ((MERGE))

CR91

6 minutes ago, Shive said:

I'm thinking that means Speed, Cross (maybe the reason Blackmon moved to SS), Flowers, or maybe Dayo. Rodgers may fall into that, but I feel like he's already been a starter, so not necessarily fitting that description.

I think Speed and Flowers fit the description pretty well.

Rodgers started 9 games last year.

Dayo not really projected to start, more like the 3rd Edge.

Cross kinda fits, would make sense with the Blackmon move, but how known is he to the casual fan?

This wait is going to be excruciating.

• Like 2

Just now, w87r said:

I think Speed and Flowers fit the description pretty well.

Rodgers started 9 games last year.

Dayo not really projected to start, more like the 3rd Edge.

Cross kinda fits, would make sense with the Blackmon move, but how known is he to the casual fan?

This wait is going to be excruciating.

Rodgers and Dayo both had huge opportunities to be full time starters. If it’s rodgers it’s bad but we will just have to go sign a vet corner. Dayo is not replaceable right now. Speed is a linebacker and can be replaced. Cross is not really known. I doubt it’s him.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Rodgers and Dayo both had huge opportunities to be full time starters. If it’s rodgers it’s bad but we will just have to go sign a vet corner. Dayo is not replaceable right now. Speed is a linebacker and can be replaced. Cross is not really known. I doubt it’s him.

Ebukam was that likely starter opposite of Paye. 

Rodgers was definitely looking at being not only starter, but #1 CB.

Let's just hope it neither of those 2.(Dayo, Rodgers).

4 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

If they bet on the Colts while they were active roster, it’s probably a lifetime ban

Definitely longer than a season for sure.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Whoever it is if true they will never play in a colts uniform again. 

Maybe never play in the league again.

Williams - 6 games for non NFL bets on facility

12 games - betting on NFL games(not own team)

Looking bleak for whoever it is.

• w87r changed the title to Active Roster Colt player being investigated? (MERGE)
Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

That just looks like a fake think by a Pats guy.

Local have been saying defense

Yeah I don't know who this guy is. That was just pretty specific info at the end of the tweet.

Just saying, twitter is going to be full of people speculating and wanna be insiders throwing out names trying to make a name for themselves over this.  I understand the desire to know but I’d wait until it’s truly confirmed by a reputable news person before posting names.  Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

It was more a weirdly specific, that I feel is more done when trying to act like you know something but dont

Yeah, but like has mentioned, you going to open your self up to a libel lawsuit?

I'm just gonna wait for the news now.

It’s really not hard to figure out who it is if the descriptions are correct. There are only a few that fit that description.

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

True, but such a small worry for these guys, as celebs it is a lot harder in court.

Also, not a rumor but based on research by this guy

It’s Rodgers. 

My son is a newly minted D1 football player.  He said that I'd be blown away by how much sports gambling goes on among the players -- and that he knows first hand of a few guys who have bet on their team.

I told him in no uncertain terms that, if I ever learn of him betting on their games, that he would not be very happy by how I responded.  I've tried like hell to keep him away from gambling of any kind -- which I consider to be a very reckless use of money.  But with these bookie apps, it's just ubiquitous these days.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Its Rodgers, looks likes both Brents and Rush will be opening day starters. 

Guarantee colts will with a vet.

Just now, teganslaw said:

Both Rogers and Pittman were named. Is the guy who confirmed it was Pittman legitimate? I never heard of him.

No. It’s a defensive player. I feel good what JMV and Querry reported. I don’t think Pittman is that dumb.

2 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Both Rogers and Pittman were named. Is the guy who confirmed it was Pittman legitimate? I never heard of him.

I don't think so, but he is opening himself up for a lawsuit if not.