Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Isaiah Rodgers being investigated for gambling policy infractions ((MERGE))

CR91

What is truly sad is the league and owners making crazy money from legal gambling.

I guess a small % is going towards the cap.

Not an excuse for the players, as they've already essentially hit the lottery by making it to the league.

Just bonehead decisions, especially after already seeing the repercussions play out on Ridley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'd be a little more hurt if we were a contender, but as much as it sucks we'll be fine. Totally avoidable mistake so hard to feel too bad for the guy. 

And I say this as a huge fan of his.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

What is truly sad is the league and owners making crazy money from legal gambling.

I guess a small % is going towards the cap.

Not an excuse for the players, as they've already essentially hit the lottery by making it to the league.

Just bonehead decisions, especially after already seeing the repercussions play out on Ridley.

Yeah that’s sorta the point I was making one page one.  There is a separate debate to be had if gambling (not on your team) should even be a rule but it is a rule.  So rather you agree with it or not it’s a rule and as you have pointed out with Ridley it’s a rule the league takes very seriously.  So either you have to make the bone head of all bone head decisions or you have a problem that you need professional help for to do this.  

• Like 1

Just now, ShuteAt168 said:

Won’t be long before we see analysis of plays where he made bad and or questionable decisions that make you wonder about his motives. This is a cluster. 

I’m surprised it’s not out yet

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m surprised it’s not out yet

Would have to have the details of what games he bet on and the outcome. Not sure we will ever see it.

He usually just balled out. Think he was #8 PFF CB last year.?

I sure hope the media is at OTAs tomorrow, we need some different news to look at....

Even if he bet on the Colts to win, he could have done a myriad of things to sabotage the team for the spread. His actions could have easily affected results and even careers other than his own. If he bet on the Colts, he should be banned permanently. This is an easy call in my opinion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Man the Colts secondary isn’t going to have any vets besides Kenny Moore and he’s only 27 himself.

Now he's going to ask for more money again.

I imagine we bring in a vet, but it begs to question, why haven't we already.

We've clearly known about this since before the draft. Just glad we took 3 of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Even if he bet on the Colts to win, he could have done a myriad of things to sabotage the team for the spread. His actions could have easily affected results and even careers other than his own. If he bet on the Colts, he should be banned permanently. This is an easy call in my opinion. 

Only problem with that is, Ridley bet on the Falcons to win, only difference is he wasn't playing in the games he bet on.(if I remember correctly) That's a big difference though.

You're right though, could of been a bunch of different actions he took in a game to beat the spread.

I'm fully expecting a suspension longer than a year either way, if found to be true.

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

Now he's going to ask for more money again.

I imagine we bring in a vet, but it begs to question, why haven't we already.

We've clearly known about this since before the draft. Just glad we took 3 of them.

Yeah assuming it’s Rodgers (and I see no reason to doubt that right now) and he’s guilty (again no reason to doubt that right now) and the NFL takes the expected action on this I am not so sure it’s an automatic they will sign a vet.  They have Moore to be the vet back there, granted he’s a nickel, plus Flowers who they were high on to start with plus the three rookies.  That’s five which is what you tend to keep on a NFL roster.  They may just roll with the young guys and take their lumps.  

They are already playing with a rookie QB who they have stressed they drafted for what he can be not who he is now.  I don’t think they are expecting a Super Bowl run this year to start with if they are being honest.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Would have to have the details of what games he bet on and the outcome. Not sure we will ever see it.

He usually just balled out. Think he was #8 PFF CB last year.?

I sure hope the media is at OTAs tomorrow, we need some different news to look at....

He was the fifth best rated cornerback last season via PFF

2022: 82.1 grade

2021: 70.7 grade

2020: 73.9 grade

• Thanks 1

Just now, tvturner said:

Definitely think he's going to be a bigger loss to the team than some people think

Definitely a big loss.

I do like our rookie CBs.

I think Brents and Rush are going to be studs.

I like Flowers too.

Kenny, meh, he has to prove it again.

9 minutes ago, tvturner said:

He was the fifth best rated cornerback last season via PFF

2022: 82.1 grade

2021: 70.7 grade

2020: 73.9 grade

He just cost himself a huge payday… what an *

7 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Definitely think he's going to be a bigger loss to the team than some people think

At least it happens now before TC when we have time to try and reduce the damage

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

$25 to $50 bets. Is that really with losing your career?

i dont think he would do that the proof is just that someone who is friends with rogers placed small bets .  why would a guy who is a millionaire need to win 40 dollars .  i know he is on a cheap contract but he still made like 3 million dollars so far and was in line to get way more .      so if you are a nfl player you have to try and stop your friends from making bets ?   there better be real proof rogers handed money to his friend to bet on his behalf .  it should always be innocent until proven guilty i hate his name is being run through the mud when he is a high character player .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

From the horse's mouth. (yes that was a pun)

Yep was just about to post this as well. 

EDIT: at least I can update the thread title to reflect his name. Was waiting for more confirmation.

• w87r changed the title to Isaiah Rodgers being investigated? (MERGE)
  • w87r changed the title to Isaiah Rodgers being investigated for gambling policy infractions (MERGE)
2 minutes ago, KB said:

That sucks. Idk about next man up at this point. Any man up sounds about right for right now.

It does suck, it's been settling in with me the last hour and man.....

There is only a handful of guys on the team, I wouldn't of wanted it to be instead of Isaiah....

Won't list them out of respect, but the list is only 4-5 players.

Rodgers was about to break out, and now potentially may never play again.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, CR91 said:

From the horse's mouth. (yes that was a pun)

Wow this is really dissapointing. 

With that said, I dont want this guy on the team anymore. Yeah hes had some good moments, but he is an atrocious tackler and apparently, a world class *. Hes also not good enough to overlook this.

This is a great opportunity for Darius Rush and Jaylon Jones.

The Colts need to get out there and sign a vet corner or 2, ASAP.

• Like 1