Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chicago trade with Carolina

Patrick Miller

17 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Big arm, horrible accuracy, zero leadership skills. The guys first comment was I wanna show off my cannon arm. Give me a break.

Sounds like an opinion without much research or film behind it

When do we get to the part where you admit you hated him before his "cocky" comment at the combine?

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy we didn't make that kind of trade! That is a lot of capitol for a QB that has obvious warts - because all of them do this year! Not that they can't be groomed into franchise QB's but that takes the pressure off of nailing the number one pick.........now this will force Steichen and the FO staff to tailor an offense for all of Young, Stroud, Levis, Richardson and Hooker.............then draft the one that is available at 4 that they want or top of the 2nd in Hooker if they want him instead!

It is amusing how there are more warts on these 4 QBs than in recent years, but as soon as some team makes a move, they suddenly become the ultimate solution and panic ensues.  Hype is always more powerful than talent.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Now this is Frank we are talking about here. The guy who is notorious for choosing and playing with darn near all 6ft 4 quarterbacks. I dont see him picking Young.

But Reich hasn't even been there even long enough for a cup of coffee....do we really think he's in charge of using team resources to trade up and make the pick himself?? 

I don't. 

Frank is a company man and does whatever he's told. 

I seriously doubt he's in charge of personnel. 

17 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

I know it sounds mean, but sometimes I wonder if some of you even watch football. Anthony Richardson?  So you want a guy who barely completed over 50% of his passes, didn't have even a 2:1 ratio of TDs to Ints, started 13 games, and is a better runner than passer?  How many years do you have to watch football to see there is always some QBs with amazing physical skills that someone thinks they can just teach them how to be a good QB.  Remember Paxton Lynch to Broncos?  Big, mobile QB. Very smart. Coachable.  year after year.

Anyways, the point of my post is I predicted this days ago and it is falling into place:

1) Carolina trades with Bears and takes Bryce Young

2) Houston takes CJ Stroud

3) Cards take best Defensive End

4) Colts take Will Levis.

And for those of you hating on Will levis, I think you are wrapped up way too much in media coverage.  He will be the best QB out of his lot and in a few years, you will be glad we got him.

I hope you're right. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The person who loved Eason most was Frank Reich.  It’s all over the video tape clips the club put out.   And the team only spent a 4th round pick.    Why are you comparing that decision to this?   

Do you understand that Steichen likely signed off on this and that Irsay did too?   This wasn’t just a Ballard only decision.  

Might as well sing this song together:

Dun. Dun. Dun…

Another one on ignore.

Dun. Dun. Dun…

Another one on ignore.

And another one blocked, and another one blocked…

Another one on ignore.

Hey! I’m gonna block you too! 

Another one on ignore!

/Sarcasm

3 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Sounds like an opinion without much research or film behind it

When do we get to the part where you admit you hated him before his "cocky" comment at the combine?

Yea I did hate him before the combine and that stupid comment was all the proof I needed. You want another Wentz, be my guess

4 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

How old are you?  You truly believe the Colts don't get "star power" because of some weird Midwestern flyover voodoo curse?  I guess Luck wasn't hyped..... Or any other colts players past or present ...

How old are you and  how long have you been following the colts??

9 minutes ago, Breeze said:

It is amusing how there are more warts on these 4 QBs than in recent years, but as soon as some team makes a move, they suddenly become the ultimate solution and panic ensues.  Hype is always more powerful than talent.

THANK YOU. All these people freaking out over "lost opportunity". "losing out" "Ballard being stubborn". 

If we had matched the value in that deal, Ballard loses his job in a year or two.  Like it or hate it, selling the farm when you count on the draft as much as we do under this leadership was NEVER going to happen unless for a QB that isn't just called "generational" but likely IS generational at his position....NONE of these guys is a surefire QB that can actually CARRY a team abd cover up mulitple deficiencies... And before you say No QB is a sure thing coming out.....  THIS TEAM alone has drafted TWO in the last 25 years.....  Those two are the type you trade like this for.  Look it up, Carolina just gave up the LARGEST package for a #1 pick in History..... For one of these four.

Let that sink in.  Are any of these guys likely worthy of the largest trade for the #1?   Do any of them have that history, or gut feeling?  

Be honest, stop being overly reactive, and I think the consensus is obvious.  It's not flashy, you're disappointed, I get it.... But this wasn't the move to make.

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The 61st pick is a 2nd.   A late 2nd, but still a 2nd.    So the Panthers gave up two 1’s, two 2’s and a top WR.   

That’s not a lot?    Really?   

It's the most ever traded value wise for the first pick.  It's basically a commentary on an inpatient owner who doesn't really show much football savvy.

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

But Reich hasn't even been there even long enough for a cup of coffee....do we really think he's in charge of using team resources to trade up and make the pick himself?? 

I don't. 

Frank is a company man and does whatever he's told. 

I seriously doubt he's in charge of personnel. 

Come on now most teams listen to their coaches. Its his system. I think AR 15 is his guy. Cam Newton #2.

36 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Lol. My advice to all singles is find someone who loves you as much as NewColtsFan loves Chris Ballard! (I knew you’d be back commenting on my posts. I missed you honestly!) 

At your service! 

You do realize Ballard didn’t make this call alone.    Odds are overwhelming that both Steichen and Irsay are both onboard with the decision.   

But you reduced it down to Ballard by himself.   And you’re ok with that?  

26 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

I know it sounds mean, but sometimes I wonder if some of you even watch football. Anthony Richardson?  So you want a guy who barely completed over 50% of his passes, didn't have even a 2:1 ratio of TDs to Ints, started 13 games, and is a better runner than passer?  How many years do you have to watch football to see there is always some QBs with amazing physical skills that someone thinks they can just teach them how to be a good QB.  Remember Paxton Lynch to Broncos?  Big, mobile QB. Very smart. Coachable.  year after year.

Anyways, the point of my post is I predicted this days ago and it is falling into place:

1) Carolina trades with Bears and takes Bryce Young

2) Houston takes CJ Stroud

3) Cards take best Defensive End

4) Colts take Will Levis.

And for those of you hating on Will levis, I think you are wrapped up way too much in media coverage.  He will be the best QB out of his lot and in a few years, you will be glad we got him.

I don't know if Levis will be best in class but he's not a bad prospect. 

31 minutes ago, stitches said:

I would like to welcome you all to Richardson Island. A place where winds are high, waves are explosive, and the humidity is in the mid 50s. It makes for an extremely exciting experience but you risk being dragged by the undercurrent and drowning in the turbulent waters if you don't perfect your footwork and arm stroke.

But if you do... boy, oh, boy... You might have the most fun experience of your life.

Sign me up, can’t wait!

2 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

It's the most ever traded value wise for the first pick.  It's basically a commentary on an inpatient owner who doesn't really show much football savvy.

BOOM!!

Id bet this trade is more owner-driven than anyone else.    Pepper has been dying to make a big showy splash and it looks like he just did! 

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Love him? I haven't heard anything. The guy screams arrogance. Can't even put together a professional comment. 

Kentucky coach Mark stoops

ON HOW WILL LEVIS AND CHRIS RODRIGUEZ JR, SOLD THE PROGRAM AT THE NFL COMBINE:

“We’re just very proud of those guys. I didn’t catch exactly what they said, but we’re just very proud of them. They put a lot of time in here. They’re great leaders, great players, great people. It’s no surprise that they would go on and be successful. They’re prepared. We’re just behind them, and it is also good, it’s nice to have some of the pros coming back and they enjoy coming back and working with us. So, it’s good to see.”

7 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Yep in terms of total draft picks, yep. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Panthers know this is a golden opportunity. Tom Brady is now gone. That division is wide open and now is the time for them to be aggressive. I’m a little surprised with the Bears falling back so far. I guess they don’t think Anderson is worth taking. 

They are miles away from being a contender though. 

There is not a QB in this draft class to give up what the Panthers did, I am relieved that now we can't be that foolish, still nervous we might be move up to #3 foolish.....lol Ballard can take the leftovers could it be worse than the last two years? I mean it could......but the odd's are that it won't... look at me I am now a gambler fan lol

36 minutes ago, Gigc said:

Levis is not "horribly" inaccurate. Go watch the tape. And there's NO evidence he isn't a leader. Fact is, they love him in Kentucky.

That's the problem MOST are watching the tape featuring his HIGHLIGHTS instead of WATCHING any of his erractic games that included a lot of poor play.

10 minutes ago, #12. said:

I guess Frank landed on his feet.  People thought he was being put out to pasture.  A few months later, he has a new job, solid team and the #1 pick.

Frank is like..." man , this is what it's like having a GM and owner serious about winning!"

52 minutes ago, CR91 said:

If you guys hated Wentz, Levis is basically the same thing. I'll never understand why any of you want him.

I've been thinking similar things but this is an interesting take on Levis from Colin Cowherd .

"So, brain power. His mom went to Yale, his grandfather to Cornell. Highly-educated northeast kid. Brain power, A+. Four-point finance major. Cognitively, kid's as smart as anybody in this draft. Any player. Arm strength? It's all over the internet. The kid has a hose. He's got a rocket arm. Brain power and arm strength, doesn't mean everything, but they matter."

Cowherd also says Levis has a chip on his shoulder and the drive to prove doubters wrong.

"There's also a third component. He's been doubted," Cowherd said. "He had to transfer from Penn State. Players that are doubted get a chip on their shoulder. Those three components: big brain, big arm and he's been doubted so he's not cocky, he had nothing handed to him."

Despite being saddled with a litany of injuries and limited by poor offensive line play this season, Levis completed 65.4 percent of his passes for 2,406 yards and 19 touchdowns vs. 10 interceptions, a clear step back from a 2021 season that saw him complete 66 percent of his passes for 2,826 yards and 24 scores while also rushing for 376 net yards and nine touchdowns.

But Cowherd thinks the fact that Levis wasn't throwing from a clean pocket to wide open receivers like Alabama's Bryce Young or Ohio State's C.J. Stroud will better prepare him for life in the NFL, especially if he were not to be selected by one of the league's top organizations.

"Will Levis did not have a single first or second team all-conference player on offense," Cowherd said. "Translation: the receivers aren't as open. You're under duress. You're getting the crap kicked out of you. Translation: a real NFL experience."

The only quarterback in school history to defeat rivals Louisville and Florida twice, Levis went 17-7 as a starter over two seasons and ranks fourth all-time in touchdowns responsible for (54), fifth all-time in passing touchdowns (43), fifth in total offense (5,501 yards), and sixth in passing yards (5,232). 

Cowherd then compared Levis to two other quarterbacks who played college football in the south at non-traditional powers and like Levis, did not have top talent at every offensive position.

The two quarterbacks are Eli Manning at Ole Miss and Philip Rivers at NC State," Cowherd said. "Completion percentage, Will Levis is the highest of the three. Winning percentage, Will Levis the highest of the three. Touchdown to interception ratio, Will Levis in line with Eli Manning. Brain power, arm, doubted, playing at a basketball school in the talent-rich south."

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Article/will-levis-kentucky-football-colin-cowherd-fox-sports-nfl-draft-2023--205670046/

1 hour ago, Gigc said:

wow. doesn't even feel like they gave up that much. 

the 9, a third, a first next year and a second the year after that?

Moore is one of the top 10 WR in the league and he is only 25. Not exactly chopped liver and someone you neglected to include in the trade.

51 minutes ago, stitches said:

I would like to welcome you all to Richardson Island. A place where winds are high, waves are explosive, and the humidity is in the mid 50s. It makes for an extremely exciting experience but you risk being dragged by the undercurrent and drowning in the turbulent waters if you don't perfect your footwork and arm stroke.

But if you do... boy, oh, boy... You might have the most fun experience of your life.

if the colts had a solid veteran to play next year i would love to take richardson .  i dont know if he can play right away  but he has the most upside of any QB .    i dont want matt ryan any where near the colts next year and with our cap troubles we cant really afford to sign a starter

8 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I've been thinking similar things but this is an interesting take on Levis from Colin Cowherd .

"So, brain power. His mom went to Yale, his grandfather to Cornell. Highly-educated northeast kid. Brain power, A+. Four-point finance major. Cognitively, kid's as smart as anybody in this draft. Any player. Arm strength? It's all over the internet. The kid has a hose. He's got a rocket arm. Brain power and arm strength, doesn't mean everything, but they matter."

Cowherd also says Levis has a chip on his shoulder and the drive to prove doubters wrong.

"There's also a third component. He's been doubted," Cowherd said. "He had to transfer from Penn State. Players that are doubted get a chip on their shoulder. Those three components: big brain, big arm and he's been doubted so he's not cocky, he had nothing handed to him."

Despite being saddled with a litany of injuries and limited by poor offensive line play this season, Levis completed 65.4 percent of his passes for 2,406 yards and 19 touchdowns vs. 10 interceptions, a clear step back from a 2021 season that saw him complete 66 percent of his passes for 2,826 yards and 24 scores while also rushing for 376 net yards and nine touchdowns.

But Cowherd thinks the fact that Levis wasn't throwing from a clean pocket to wide open receivers like Alabama's Bryce Young or Ohio State's C.J. Stroud will better prepare him for life in the NFL, especially if he were not to be selected by one of the league's top organizations.

"Will Levis did not have a single first or second team all-conference player on offense," Cowherd said. "Translation: the receivers aren't as open. You're under duress. You're getting the crap kicked out of you. Translation: a real NFL experience."

The only quarterback in school history to defeat rivals Louisville and Florida twice, Levis went 17-7 as a starter over two seasons and ranks fourth all-time in touchdowns responsible for (54), fifth all-time in passing touchdowns (43), fifth in total offense (5,501 yards), and sixth in passing yards (5,232). 

Cowherd then compared Levis to two other quarterbacks who played college football in the south at non-traditional powers and like Levis, did not have top talent at every offensive position.

The two quarterbacks are Eli Manning at Ole Miss and Philip Rivers at NC State," Cowherd said. "Completion percentage, Will Levis is the highest of the three. Winning percentage, Will Levis the highest of the three. Touchdown to interception ratio, Will Levis in line with Eli Manning. Brain power, arm, doubted, playing at a basketball school in the talent-rich south."

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Article/will-levis-kentucky-football-colin-cowherd-fox-sports-nfl-draft-2023--205670046/

i want levis because he is pro ready  even though richardson has more upside

Archived