Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chicago trade with Carolina

Patrick Miller

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

In this case, I sidecwith Ballard and I have been very critical of him. People  r forgetting bout Steichen and his  influence  on this pick. Irsay and Ballard I believe have fully bought into Steichen. I truly believe they have targeted   their guy and it is  probably going to  shock people lol. 

Interesting thought. But now they have zero control over whether they get their target. They are going to get the third or fourth QB left on the board. The only team that is certain to get their top target is Carolina. It’s the difference between acting or reacting imo. 

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, indykmj said:

Not only that, but future picks get downgraded by a round. CAR actually got off 

pretty cheap.

Yea I don't think it was a huge haul. Carolina has a good team and with a qb could make playoffs and those picks dont 

look as good. I really think the Bears wanted Ballard to bite

I'm honestly ok with not trading up to #1. None of the QBs stand-out enough to warrant it and I'd bet that the team at least has a strong feeling that their preference would still be there at 4. 

Let's see how things fall and hope that with proper coaching we will be fine. Jalen Hurts was a late second round pick just as a reminder. A good system and coaching can do wonders. 

2 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Well…that’s not a huge shocker!  :number1:

Please compare/contrast the two.

Big arm, horrible accuracy, zero leadership skills. The guys first comment was I wanna show off my cannon arm. Give me a break.

I would like to welcome you all to Richardson Island. A place where winds are high, waves are explosive, and the humidity is in the mid 50s. It makes for an extremely exciting experience but you risk being dragged by the undercurrent and drowning in the turbulent waters if you don't perfect your footwork and arm stroke.

But if you do... boy, oh, boy... You might have the most fun experience of your life.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

If you guys hated Wentz, Levis is basically the same thing. I'll never understand why any of you want him.

well, there's ONE big difference between Wentz and Levis. 

Levis has NO problem taking a checkdown.

Carson is still looking for his first checkdown...

I’m all for tanking for Caleb Williams over Richardson or Levis. We might be stuck in QB purgatory for a while. Frank played Ballard for a fool.  Forced his hand to go get Wentz and now trumps us for the #1 pick with division rival Houston sitting at #2. What a freaking nightmare. 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Big arm, horrible accuracy, zero leadership skills. The guys first comment was I wanna show off my cannon arm. Give me a break.

Levis is not "horribly" inaccurate. Go watch the tape. And there's NO evidence he isn't a leader. Fact is, they love him in Kentucky.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

I’m all for tanking for Caleb Williams over Richardson or Levis. We might be stuck in QB purgatory for a while. Frank played Ballard for a fool.  Forced his hand to go get Wentz and now trumps us for the #1 pick with division rival Houston sitting at #2. What a freaking nightmare. 

Easy, big fellah.  It’ll be ok.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

If you guys hated Wentz, Levis is basically the same thing. I'll never understand why any of you want him.

Hopefully Frank sees him as the next Wentz and takes him number one.

I know it sounds mean, but sometimes I wonder if some of you even watch football. Anthony Richardson?  So you want a guy who barely completed over 50% of his passes, didn't have even a 2:1 ratio of TDs to Ints, started 13 games, and is a better runner than passer?  How many years do you have to watch football to see there is always some QBs with amazing physical skills that someone thinks they can just teach them how to be a good QB.  Remember Paxton Lynch to Broncos?  Big, mobile QB. Very smart. Coachable.  year after year.

Anyways, the point of my post is I predicted this days ago and it is falling into place:

1) Carolina trades with Bears and takes Bryce Young

2) Houston takes CJ Stroud

3) Cards take best Defensive End

4) Colts take Will Levis.

And for those of you hating on Will levis, I think you are wrapped up way too much in media coverage.  He will be the best QB out of his lot and in a few years, you will be glad we got him.

8 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

I'm honestly ok with not trading up to #1. None of the QBs stand-out enough to warrant it and I'd bet that the team at least has a strong feeling that their preference would still be there at 4. 

Let's see how things fall and hope that with proper coaching we will be fine. Jalen Hurts was a late second round pick just as a reminder. A good system and coaching can do wonders. 

Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

1 minute ago, lennymoore24 said:

I know it sounds mean, but sometimes I wonder if some of you even watch football. Anthony Richardson?  So you want a guy who barely completed over 50% of his passes, didn't have even a 2:1 ratio of TDs to Ints, started 13 games, and is a better runner than passer?  How many years do you have to watch football to see there is always some QBs with amazing physical skills that someone thinks they can just teach them how to be a good QB.  Remember Paxton Lynch to Broncos?  Big, mobile QB. Very smart. Coachable.  year after year.

Anyways, the point of my post is I predicted this days ago and it is falling into place:

And for those of you hating on Will levis, I think you are wrapped up way too much in media coverage.  He will be the best QB out of his lot and in a few years, you will be glad we got him.

Yes give us that guy and start him. If he plays good we get our next franchise qb if he plays bad we get to draft williams or Maye

3 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Cards trade with raiders and they take levis

12 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Jalen Hurts finished 2nd in the Heisman and took his team to the semifinals. His numbers were very comparative too !st overall pick Kyler Murray. There was a lot there to work with. 

19 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

I was only comparing the big arm. Go back and compare Levis BEST season vs Eason's best. Now tell me HOW was he much more polished?! Ballard and his scouts saw something in Eason right? Just like Eason had no problems with erractic play or turnovers either! I'm glad YOU see polished after WATCHING his games or did you because I didn't see POLISHED at all but hey to each his own. 

First. Go back and CHECK what DIVISION Eason played in ya Looneytoon. Second, there some things off the field that are NECESSARY for a QB to be successful. Eason didn’t have it. He didn’t have the DRIVE and DESIRE.  

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think they will probably draft Young and a smaller chance it will be Stroud.

Now this is Frank we are talking about here. The guy who is notorious for choosing and playing with darn near all 6ft 4 quarterbacks. I dont see him picking Young.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

First. Go back and CHECK what DIVISION Eason played in ya Looneytoon. Second, there some things off the field that are NECESSARY for a QB to be successful. Eason didn’t have it. He didn’t have the DRIVE and DESIRE.  

Agree, people should remember that Eason was not drafted till 4th round. Backup

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Now this is Frank we are talking about here. The guy who is notorious for choosing and playing with darn near all 6ft 4 quarterbacks. I dont see him picking Young.

This is not a Reich pick. The owner will have his hands  in on this one. 

14 minutes ago, Gigc said:

Levis is not "horribly" inaccurate. Go watch the tape. And there's NO evidence he isn't a leader. Fact is, they love him in Kentucky.

Love him? I haven't heard anything. The guy screams arrogance. Can't even put together a professional comment. 

34 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

I was only comparing the big arm. Go back and compare Levis BEST season vs Eason's best. Now tell me HOW was he much more polished?! Ballard and his scouts saw something in Eason right? Just like Eason had no problems with erractic play or turnovers either! I'm glad YOU see polished after WATCHING his games or did you because I didn't see POLISHED at all but hey to each his own. 

The person who loved Eason most was Frank Reich.  It’s all over the video tape clips the club put out.   And the team only spent a 4th round pick.    Why are you comparing that decision to this?   

Do you understand that Steichen likely signed off on this and that Irsay did too?   This wasn’t just a Ballard-only decision.  

11 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Yeah, I agree - that 3rd team all-WAC * outta Wyoming was the dumbest of those picks.   Oh , wait, I heard Josh Allen actually got better, is that right?

50 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

For the same reasons we won't get Young or AR15(star power) we won't get Caleb Williams or Maye in '24.

How old are you?  You truly believe the Colts don't get "star power" because of some weird Midwestern flyover voodoo curse?  I guess Luck wasn't hyped..... Or any other colts players past or present ...

Archived