Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has anyone considered Lamar Jackson? (merge)

Chucklez

7 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Lamar is only 26 years old.  10 years would be at 36 which is still young.

He's 2 years older than Levis and I think the same age as Hooker.

You all make it sound like Lamar is an old man.

We did swing and miss with another young man named Wentz, so there is a lot of "gun shy" amongst Colts fans. I understand that. But every case has to be evaluated in its own vacuum.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

He's a running QB and his shelf life is limited, he won't last 10 years. He's trending down not up .The Colts are wisely and politely distancing themselves from him. He will be a Raven...that will be his only option.

16 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

This is what I have been saying  @Lawrence Owen

That's my hope too!  I would be so stoked.  But not if it is just anderson.  If it is Carter or the top corner or the top OT at 4.  Then get a wr or whatever is high value at 35, etc.   then trade for LJ with a 24 and 25 1st. 

9 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

The patriots have reportedly said they are not interested, and the Jets are in the middle of trading for Aaron Rodgers.

I know. ESPN was talking about the three teams with interest yesterday, being the Colts/Jets/Patriots. Later in the day the Patriots not being interested came out.

5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He's a running QB and his shelf life is limited, he won't last 10 years. He's trending down not up .The Colts are wisely and politely distancing themselves from him. He will be a Raven...that will be his only option.

He has already missed the last part of the last two seasons.  Personally I don't think using the draft capital plus a huge guaranteed contract is something that I want my Colts to use.  

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

I know. ESPN was talking about the three teams with interest yesterday, being the Colts/Jets/Patriots. Later in the day the Patriots not being interested came out.

ESPN has pushed every narrative possible. ESPN used to be the best sports broadcast there was.  Now they are a joke. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

ESPN has pushed every narrative possible.  ESPN used to be the best sports broadcast there was.  Now they are a joke. 

This is something that you and way too many others do all the time.   

You constantly confuse ESPN, the organization with the viewpoint of an individual or two who are talking race.   

They are not the same.   ESPN gives their people the freedom to express their personal viewpoint.   But it is NOT the view of the network.   

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s because colts were being nice. Everything posted from that Irsay  talk points to  colts are not going after him. 

I think when Irsay made the comment about not giving out guaranteed contracts it was obvious they were out. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

ESPN has pushed every narrative possible. .... ESPN used to be the best sports broadcast there was.  Now they are a joke. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s because colts were being nice. Everything posted from that Irsay  talk points to  colts are not going after him. 

Not really sure what you two expect right now. Every media outlet possible is going to try and run a story or interest about Lamar being out there, regardless of how strong or weak the interest actually is. And, please. Let's not bring race into this. I refuse to talk about that nonsense with anyone.

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

ESPN has pushed every narrative possible. They have now entered the picture playing the race card. ESPN used to be the best sports broadcast there was.  Now they are a joke. 

I saw yesterday a headline that said “Ballard confirms Colts interest in Jackson” and when they played the sound bite that they were basing that on it was Ballard’s quote about doing their homework on him.  That was a far cry from being interested in him IMO.

35 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Worth noting no one in the local media knows Irsay better than Chappell.  He’s the guy Irsay calls when he wants to talk to someone because he’s covered the Colts forever. It’s possible if Chappell is adding his two cents that the story is another sign they are going to draft a QB that maybe he knows something we don’t.  

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lamar is 45-16 as a starter. It did from 2018-2020. Look at the Ravens record without him. That team was sunk as soon as he went out.

Lamar is 45-16 as a starter.   He did that over his career,  2018-2022.    Not thru 2020 which is what you wrote.   5 years and not just 3 seasons. 

• NFLfan locked this topic

I removed several posts that violated forum rules.

Please read your comments several times before pressing "submit reply".  If your comment is attacking another member, please do not post it. Personal shots are unacceptable. 

Do not talk about forum members' jobs, their families, their health conditions/mental status, or anything else that is personal that you know will upset them. It is not acceptable here. 

Thanks.

• NFLfan unlocked this topic
17 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

That's my hope too!  I would be so stoked.  But not if it is just anderson.  If it is Carter or the top corner or the top OT at 4.  Then get a wr or whatever is high value at 35, etc.   then trade for LJ with a 24 and 25 1st. 

What’s interesting here is when you read Owen’s comments on how easy it would be for the Colts to create a contract that the Ravens will be unable to match.  Basically putting a huge roster bonus on the 1st year of the contract that the Ravens due to their cap constraint will not be able to match.  We have the wherewithal to do it.  They he said do not.  The big problem is getting Lamar a contract that he and the Colts are happy with.  Since the Colts are apparently the only team that is seriously considering Lamar I think that puts us in a good position when negotiating with him.  If we can agree on a contract the Colts could have another option.  Spitballing they could offer the Ravens something like this year’s 1st and 4th and next year’s 2nd in a trade offer.  Tell them we have agreed to a contract with Lamar and he is prepared to sign it.  If they don’t want to trade then we wait until this draft is over before signing him to an offer sheet.  They would then have the following two years 1st rd picks if they don’t match.  Their choice.  Just a thought.

23 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Thats a non starter. This makes no sense and Baltimore would never agree to this. So you are Baltimore and are going to wait till 2024 and 2025 when those 1st round picks would most likely be in the late 20's? Need to do research before suggesting possible trade routes. I think if the Colts wanted Lamar, they could get by with  just giving their 4th. Baltimore is kind of hooped so if I was making the trade, I would offer the 4th and then wait till my phone to ring. So many teams are out on him  if we  believe what we read, so the Colts would have leverage. Pus a GM is never going to agree with waiting till 2024 to 2025 to show what he got for Lamar. He has to show the masses this year what he got in the Lamar trade, as he will be getting a lot of heat. Say he trades the #4 and  then turns around and say drafts Levi or Richardson and it will keep the wolves at bay. Or better yet trade back and get more picks and go with Hundley tank the year and Baltimore gets #1 pick in 2024. Now thats a plan!!

Baltimore would have 2 options.   Match the contract offer or take 24 & 25 1sts.  

18 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Not true. My understanding is that the Colts would have to offer the 2023 1st rounder. It's part of the tag agreement

Not if they don't offer a contract to Jackson before the draft.   They could make the offer after the draft

49 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am not even sure I know what that means lol. So he wants more money then Watson and more guaranteed. But not all guaranteed. This man needs a agent. 

Lamar, why is getting more money than another QB so important? Aren't other things like teammates, chance at a Super Bowl, the environment, quality of life, etc more important and more appealing? 

Why is money so valued to people? It must be a status thing. 

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lamar, why is getting more money than another QB so important? Aren't other things like teammates, chance at a Super Bowl, the environment, quality of life, etc more important and more appealing? 

Why is money so valued to people? It must be a status thing. 

Ego.  All players have them.

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who is Dov Kleiman? I have never heard of him, how's he knows this? Did he asked Lamar lmao . 

Read the article. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/03/15/who-is-dov-kleiman-solving-sports-medias-biggest-mystery/amp/

A full-time contractor for BroBible, a men’s culture site founded in 2009 that has been a gritty survivor of the bygone sports blog era, Kleiman is in his early 30s and lives in Israel.

BroBible partner Cass Anderson confirmed to The Post that Kleiman is the aggregator’s real identity and they’ve been on Zoom together

A contributor to OutKick, where Kleiman worked previously, said the same.

The reason for the widespread confusion as to why you’d even need to ask that of someone’s employer is the masses see Kleiman’s tweets constantly but no one has ever publicly seen a photo of him.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

That’s fine and good.  Wanting and getting what he wants are two different things.  Since we are the only team that reportedly is interested I think we are in a great position to negotiate.  

Breaking news! The Colts really are not interested.

I think one thing is certain.  The Ravens need to have a resolution on the Lamar contract before the draft.  How can they enter the draft without one?  His situation is a game changer for them.  If he doesn’t at least sign the tag they will be forced to find a way to address the quarterback position during the draft.  Knowing he’s their quarterback for at least next season changes that urgency.   I think the longer this drags on and gets closer to the draft the more likely there is the chance of him being traded.  

23 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is something that you and way too many others do all the time.   

You constantly confuse ESPN, the organization with the viewpoint of an individual or two who are talking race.   

They are not the same.   ESPN gives their people the freedom to express their personal viewpoint.   But it is NOT the view of the network.   

They are their own version of the View.    

They push a certain agenda and make up stories.  I do not watch ESPN very often anymore.

On 3/29/2023 at 8:01 AM, DougDew said:

He looks like he's emotional about only getting offered $130M guaranteed instead of the $200M? that he wants.  And twisting it into the difference of why he hasn't agreed yet as some sort of unselfish good for the team thing.  Not really a good look.

To my knowledge, BAL has said they want him back and are willing to pay $130M guaranteed a plus a big pile of NFL unguaranteed money....the type of money they pay most players.  I hope for his sake his side doesn't deteriorate this into pretending there is some sort of victim here, simply because BAL hasn't budged from their position in a business negotiation.  That would be a really bad look.

He lost me at “imma.”

6 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

He lost me at “imma.”

He seems to now be concerned about getting a dollar more of guaranteed money than Watson. 

I remember Watson having some weird motivations for what he did with HOU and now LJ seems to be getting weirder as things moves along.   

Archived