Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has anyone considered Lamar Jackson? (merge)

Chucklez

5 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

There are a lot of you that do not want LJ to the Colts.   And that would include Jax Jags.    If we do not trade for him they know that Trevor Lawrence will own the division for the next 6-7 years.   None of the QB's in this draft can push the Colts above Jax in the near future 

Predictions have of peculiar way of not turning out.  :dunno:

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

There are a lot of you that do not want LJ to the Colts.   And that would include Jax Jags.    If we do not trade for him they know that Trevor Lawrence will own the division for the next 6-7 years.   None of the QB's in this draft can push the Colts above Jax in the near future 

Then why does Baltimore not have a ring with LJ as their QB?

2 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

So we can only trade for Mahomes?

My point is that Lamar Jackson isn't necessarily the answer.   He has missed 10 games in the last 2 years and is 1-3 in the playoffs.  Why is it that LJ is the only option to take the AFC South?  Baltimore hasn't taken the AFC North since 2019.

2 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

My point is that Lamar Jackson isn't necessarily the answer.   He has missed 10 games in the last 2 years and is 1-3 in the playoffs.  Why is it that LJ is the only option to take the AFC South?  Baltimore hasn't taken the AFC North since 2019.

Because he is a much better option that what we can get at #4

Just now, ChuggaBeer said:

Because he is a much better option that what we can get at #4

The jury is still out on that.  Lamar is good, no doubt about it.   The offense has been atrocious but Lamar can't carry the whole team.  We're in a rebuilding phase right now.  I like the idea of starting with a rookie QB and building around him if he's good.  Any draft pick is a risk, but so is any trade.  That said, if Indy ended up with LJ, I'd support him.  

2 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

The jury is still out on that.  Lamar is good, no doubt about it.   The offense has been atrocious but Lamar can't carry the whole team.  We're in a rebuilding phase right now.  I like the idea of starting with a rookie QB and building around him if he's good.  Any draft pick is a risk, but so is any trade.  That said, if Indy ended up with LJ, I'd support him.  

I agree we are going into rebuild.   And I expect players to get traded depending on who we get as QB.  If we get one of the QB's in the draft that Steichen thinks he can ready by 2024 thenI think we trade players.  If we don't get who we want and trade for LJ then I think Ballard will sign or trade for some vets 

I don't like any of these QB's enough to get excited. Except for the idea of what AR15 could be    If they get him I will be ecstatic.    If they get anyone else I will support the decision fully.   

Archived