Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard will look so bad if he let the former fired coach trade in front of him then let’s a division rival trade in front of him and only had one choice.

Like many other posters here, you worry way WAY too much at what other fans think if what the Colts do.   

Bottom line:  Ballard will look fine if his pick is good and the Colts didn’t trade up to get him.    And if his pick fails, then it won’t matter because Ballard will get fired and many here will be happy.    

Win-win.

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

You never know. All four could be busts. All four could kill it. 

when your picking this high its better to focus on safer picks   .    if we had a veteran like rivers i would want richardson but i know he is not ready to play this upcoming year . i dont wanna watch minshew he stinks i wanna watch someone who can play right away  . 

every one is talking about levis being wentz but its the opposite , richardson is a more athletic wentz .  both cant hit layups and struggle putting touch on short passes   and both look to run early instead of staying in the pocket going through progressions .  

i still think pocket passing is the way to win games mahomes is a pocket passer first .  mahomes doesnt look to run until he goes through all of his progressions . 

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

when your picking this high its better to focus on safer picks   .    if we had a veteran like rivers i would want richardson but i know he is not ready to play this upcoming year . i dont wanna watch minshew he stinks i wanna watch someone who can play right away  . 

every one is talking about levis being wentz but its the opposite , richardson is a more athletic wentz .  both cant hit layups and struggle putting touch on short passes   and both look to run early instead of staying in the pocket going through progressions .  

i still think pocket passing is the way to win games mahomes is a pocket passer first .  mahomes doesnt look to run until he goes through all of his progressions . 

AR reminds me more of a Vince Young player. Young could throw it a mile but couldn’t toss it 3 feet

From Breers latest column 

Kentucky QB Will Levis is another one who’s looking at a wide range of outcomes going into tonight, and the team he’s been linked to most has been the Colts. And another I’d keep an eye on, in certain scenarios, would be the Titans. Levis drew shaky reviews on the interview circuit, but I’m told he had a really good meeting with Tennessee coach Mike Vrabel, and left that meeting thinking Nashville is where he might land.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

AR reminds me more of a Vince Young player. Young could throw it a mile but couldn’t toss it 3 feet

not having the ability to throw shorter passes and only being a chunk play thrower scares me .    that doesnt  work in the nfl  he needs to relearn how to throw short passes and medium range .     at least levis has a high completion percentage and can move the ball in multiple ways and is mobile too .

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

not having the ability to throw shorter passes and only being a chunk play thrower scares me .    that doesnt  work in the nfl  he needs to relearn how to throw short passes and medium range .     at least levis has a high completion percentage and can move the ball in multiple ways and is mobile too .

You are trippin lol. 

30 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

and what if the titans take levis and he turns into josh allen 2.0 and we get stuck with jamarcus russell 2.0  ?    you never know you what is gonna happen but ill take the 3 year starter over the 1 year starter all day

JaMarcus Russell happened due to 2 reasons:

1. Poor work ethic once the big money contract happened in the era of no rookie contract

2. Again, big rookie contract 

He was a big pivotal reason the rookie contract was pushed for. 

If they’ve scouted AR well, they’d account for that. Plus it’s easier to move on if a massive bust happens. QB bust will continue to happen, just not the JaMarcus Russell types again, IMO

2 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

JaMarcus Russell

Why are multiple people comparing JaMarcus Russell to Richardson? Russell wasn't even an athletic QB, just had a massive arm while Richardson is one of the most athletic QB prospects ever. Not even remotely close to each other as prospects.

Just now, pkbrux said:

Why are multiple people comparing JaMarcus Russell to Richardson? Russell wasn't even an athletic QB, just had a massive arm while Richardson is one of the most athletic QB prospects ever. Not even remotely close to each other as prospects.

Lack of deeper insight.

50 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard will look so bad if he let the former fired coach trade in front of him then let’s a division rival trade in front of him and only had one choice.

Only if the ones they get are booms and the one we get is a bust.

2 minutes ago, ColtsUrUs said:

Jamarcus Russell wasn't even athletic so stop it. Dude wish he could do everything AR could. 

you dont need to be a track star to play QB  mahomes runs a 4.80  40 time and  is still mobile .   people are to caught up with how high ar can jump and how fast he can run .   can he go through his progressions and keep his eyes down field ?  that is the question reading defenses and going through progressions.        wentz was athletic and had amazing arm talent too but he couldnt read defenses and go through his progressions

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hope colts have a choice at 4. I hate the look that they settled and just took leftovers.

Yeah, I know the Chargers just looked terrible sitting at 6 in 2020 and taking the leftover QB, Justin Herbert.

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you dont need to be a track star to play QB  mahomes runs a 4.80  40 time and  is still mobile .   people are to caught up with how high ar can jump and how fast he can run .   can he go through his progressions and keep his eyes down field ?  that is the question reading defenses and going through progressions.        wentz was athletic and had amazing arm talent too but he couldnt read defenses and go through his progressions

That’s why they do the individual workouts and Top 30 visits. There’s enough film of AR making reads and a Q & A session with Steve Mariucci too for folks to not just dismiss his abilities.

Bryce Young is the best cerebral progression guy in this draft. Stroud is the best thrower leading his wideouts.

Levis and AR will need work no matter what, more than the first 2. It then becomes a matter of preference eventually with all candidates having some flaws.

Archived