Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts at Vikes Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

We’ll never know with Ryan as the quarterback.

pittman looked pretty good last year with wentz . pittman and pierce are better for deep ball high point catches  . ryan doesnt have the arm to stretch the field he has peyton mannings 2014 arm without the elite anticipation accuracy or ability to read a defense .   matt ryan has been spoiled at wr his whole career just throwing jumpballs to julio  .   he really had elite wrs his whole career and tony g   at tight end  .   it made him look a lot better

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any time the colts played the falcons i was never scared about playing matt ryan at all .   he doesnt bring fear he is just bland with elite wrs .   now rivers he was different but with ryan  i dont get the praise he gets he has never been a top 5 QB in this league  he was never in the same league as brady manning or brees .  i would put rivers and big ben ahead of him to

Pittman, Pierce, and Campbell are all I think good receivers who could become great. Of course we have to have an offensive line to protect the QB better, and a QB who can actually complete some deeper passes and buy time as needed, and of course a competent offensive playbook…but hey we are so close we only need all those things. 

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He didn’t taunt either.  That was one of many garbage calls today (both ways).  I mean the refs flagged Gilmore for hitting a WR in the chest and took away a clear fumble return for a TD from the Vikings.  

Please, let’s not be those kind of fans that blame the referees for our pathetic play!

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm guessing you didn't  see the colts the two decades prior to Peyton?

Oh, I did see them play and I don’t remember many of those teams supposedly being a Super Bowl contender. This game was an historic loss and this year has been an historic choke job. It is what it is and we have to accept it.

2 minutes ago, tncoltsfan57 said:

Oh, I did see them play and I don’t remember many of those teams supposedly being a Super Bowl contender. This game was an historic loss and this year has been an historic choke job. It is what it is and we have to accept it.

,Agree! Seen them play since early 70s but this wreck is historic. How many ums Jimmy will say about this record?

3 hours ago, colts89 said:

Is our D just out of shape? They either dominate a full game, or they putter out in the fourth. It's weird to see tbh. 

Our Offense did exactly what everyone hopefully expected them to do lol. Let's hope we hit on the next franchise QB

I think like usual, our offense was so bad it just couldn't sustain drives and consistently went 3 and out. That left the defense out on the field for almost the entire 2nd half. No defense, elite or not, can maintain a high level of play. If our offense was even average today, I think our defense holds up so much better.

31 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The funny thing is while 36 points looks impressive, only one of those tds came from the offense :facepalm:

It was just not good, especially in the 2nd half. Ryan really just doesn't have it anymore and the play calling was predictable and just not good...

I'm all for losing these games, but the humiliation of the past two games is beyond anything.  

I want the draft pick, yes, but did not want the greatest choke job in NFL history on our record for eternity.  Couldn't we just quietly lose these games like we lost the first seven?

Just now, #12. said:

I'm all for losing these games, but the humiliation of the past two games is beyond anything.  

I want the draft pick, yes, but did not want the greatest choke job in NFL history on our record for eternity.  Couldn't we just quietly lose these games like we lost the first seven?

Every close game that's a blowout they'll show it..smh

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

If Colts get franchise QB in draft all of these losses could be worth it

What's amazing is the Vikings were huddling up and running the ball in the 3rd, down 33-0, and still won.  

On the final OT drive, they were huddling up and looked content with the tie, and still won.

On their OT drive, the Colts also looked content with a tie, which I thought was disgusting.

This organization is just dumb....your offense can only score 3 points in the 2nd half? Vikings have to the worst pass defense!!! Just throw the ball!!! One touchdown would've ended any chance of a comeback....games like this will definitely decrease the season ticket sales for next season I want irsay to feel the burn until he gets out of there

Every week I expect a sudden retirement announcement from Ryan Kelly or Nelson due to a "loss of love for the game" because I cannot figure out what in the heck is wrong with these two. They are playing so badly. Constant mental mistakes. None of the dominance we saw from them before this year. What in the world is wrong with these guys? I just cannot fathom how you can go from so dominate to constantly being man-handled.

3 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

This organization is just dumb....your offense can only score 3 points in the 2nd half? Vikings have to the worst pass defense!!! Just throw the ball!!! One touchdown would've ended any chance of a comeback....games like this will definitely decrease the season ticket sales for next season I want irsay to feel the burn until he gets out of there

Sad thing is colts tried to get pass happy in second half and couldn’t even throw the ball.

Biggest waste of time in the history of time:  Jeff interviewing for the head coaching gig.  

Keep him in the organization somehow, not as head coach or in personnel, though.

Doubt he wants to go back to TV after this.

34 minutes ago, Shive said:

It was just not good, especially in the 2nd half. Ryan really just doesn't have it anymore and the play calling was predictable and just not good...

Oh trust me brother, I was watching and I told my wife even up 33-0 when she was complaining why are you still watching? They won. I told her they'll find a way to lose because their a bad football team and that's what happens when you're bad.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Didn't see the game but more of what I expected, defense and special teams had the same amount of touchdowns as the offense 1. Against a terrible vikings defense the offense could only get FGs.

True, with any type of offense it would have been a 50 burger.

That said, if you can't hold a 33-0 lead midway through the 3rd quarter...

Someone, Irsay or Ballard, needs to step in and close the book on this 2022 nightmare.  Play Sam, Pinter and some young guys. Get it over as quickly as possible.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

True, with any type of offense it would have been a 50 burger.

That said, if you can't hold a 33-0 lead midway through the 3rd quarter...

Someone, Irsay or Ballard, needs to step in and close the book on this 2022 nightmare.  Play Sam, Pinter and some young guys. Get it over as quickly as possible.

It’s kind of embarrasing at this point they keep letting Ryan start and look this bad. No accountability. 

I said this before and I will repeat it. There is a lot of talent on the colts. Taylor and Leonard have been hurt all year, that hurts. The d-line is ok, they don’t have a great pass rusher but how many teams do. You compensate this with blitzes. The db’s are ok and the corners should be playing man. What’s the point of having fast lb’s if they aren’t covering te’s. Coaching is the biggest problem with the defense. By far the biggest problem with the offense is the qb! He is completely immobile, ram is tired, and can’t read defenses like top qb’s can and get away with physical shortcomings. This makes the line, receivers, and rb’s all look worse than they are. That’s why it’s the most important position on a team! It’s tough to call plays with a very limited qb. The gm has gotten talent in the draft I don’t have a problem with his drafts and I don’t thing signing expensive free agents is a way to build a team. I’m not really sure who to blame for bringing in Ryan.

the colts will be fine if they get a decent qb next year! I remember when the colts were regularly drafting high and making terrible picks. Those teams were bad without much hope.

maybe i am crazy but i think every thing is QB related .   looking at the roster and how we play at times it doesnt seem like a massive issue .  i think players go into cruise control when they dont believe in the QB  .   at times the team looks so dominate the last two seasons  defense is bullying the chiefs bills eagles .   dayo and paye look legit just need another year i think the rookie left tackle looks better every game matt had time to throw most of the game outside of a few plays .   run blocking looked like it was getting pushes  wrs show flashes .  

you need players to buy in again to do that we need a franchise QB and a good coach .   i think if we get those two things we can turn it around fast .

This loss is inexcusable in every way for a professional sports team! Its like the Pacers losing after having a 20 point lead with 2 minutes to go in the game! Almost impossible for any team to come back after being down that much! How much more embarrassing can a team be!? This is almost the lowest of the low!  So depressing! Us fans need to demand changes asap! Not just another fall guy like the water boy being fired! Ballard, your up next buddy! Bout time you get the Hay out of dodge!

44 minutes ago, #12. said:

I said  it when the Falcons lost to the Patriots. They would never be the same team. There is no way that   team would recover. You would have to gut the whole thing. Well here  we r with the Colts. No way coming back from this. Time to gut it all.

1 hour ago, tncoltsfan57 said:

Please, let’s not be those kind of fans that blame the referees for our pathetic play!

Who said I was blaming the refs for the Colts performance?  That crew was awful both ways and I sighted examples as such for both teams.  If you’ve read my posts in this thread you’ll see I’ve been very harsh on the Colts play without blaming the officials.  Just because someone points out when the officials are trash (and these were again both ways) doesn’t mean they are blaming the officials for the teams performance.  It’s possible for the Colts, officials and today national tv announcers to suck.  

1 hour ago, Shive said:

I think like usual, our offense was so bad it just couldn't sustain drives and consistently went 3 and out. That left the defense out on the field for almost the entire 2nd half. No defense, elite or not, can maintain a high level of play. If our offense was even average today, I think our defense holds up so much better.

that is the difference between the colts and 49ers both didnt have great offense but the 49ers can move the ball still and run out the clock and play ball control .    colts cant so the defense is always on the field

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

maybe i am crazy but i think every thing is QB related .   looking at the roster and how we play at times it doesnt seem like a massive issue .  i think players go into cruise control when they dont believe in the QB  .   at times the team looks so dominate the last two seasons  defense is bullying the chiefs bills eagles .   dayo and paye look legit just need another year i think the rookie left tackle looks better every game matt had time to throw most of the game outside of a few plays .   run blocking looked like it was getting pushes  wrs show flashes .  

you need players to buy in again to do that we need a franchise QB and a good coach .   i think if we get those two things we can turn it around fast .

Bingo. Ryan says all the right things but she. You play like that nobody is listening. 

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

that is the difference between the colts and 49ers both didnt have great offense but the 49ers can move the ball still and run out the clock and play ball control .    colts cant so the defense is always on the field

SF blocks so well. Colts can’t even block a sceeen well. We have YAC guys and don’t use them well because of poor blocking and Ryan always slow getting ball out on a sceeen.

Archived