Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Saints Scandal [Merge]

Blackhawk4

"NEW ORLEANS -- The U.S. Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of Louisiana was told Friday that New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis had an electronic device in his Superdome suite that had been secretly re-wired to enable him to eavesdrop on visiting coaching staffs for nearly three NFL seasons, "Outside the Lines" has learned."

- http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7846290/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games

Bountygate and now Spygate 2!

First off this is the US Attorneys Office. That's some serious weight.

Secondly, I automatically disbelieve it "only took place between X years"......you don't suddenly grow a conscious and say "I shouldn't do this anymore".....my guess would be the statement is true, they were hard wired into comm from 02-04....at which point they learned how to do it wirelessly......my 2cents.....

Secondly, I automatically disbelieve it "only took place between X years"......you don't suddenly grow a conscious and say "I shouldn't do this anymore".....my guess would be the statement is true, they were hard wired into comm from 02-04....at which point they learned how to do it wirelessly......my 2cents.....

Excellent point.

If there were no "bounty scandal" I might give the Saints the benefit of the doubt and just wait for the facts to be fully revealed.

However, they've proven their filthy and stinking complete lack of integrity as an organization from top to bottom.... so as far as I'm concerned anything found out is probably as bad or even worse than it sounds.

I'm skeptical. This is a while ago and the source is unnamed

A whole lot of people having something to say about that which we really don't know

The source allegedly from within the Saints and fears reprisals from the team and so, is anonymous.

It kind of reminds me of the scouts that complained to the media anonymously.

Anyway, I hope this is not true

If it is true, I wonder how this could have happened. Who monitors this equipment? Aren't there controls in place as to who can touch what and what they can do?

And beyond that..........makes me wonder if the NFL hasn't gotten too big. If it cannot keep stuff like this from happening, well.........what's a fan to think?

I think it said that the Hurricane physically altered his system. If you recall the Superdome was essentially a giant cesspool suffered by the unfortunate homeless for awhile, and then the team had to find somewhere else to play.

I don't doubt that this is true for a second. I have had a sour taste in my mouth for this organization since their superbowl against us and no it don't have anything to do with them winning. It was more how they used a 5 yr. old hurricane to gain sympathy from the country and all the old drudged up stories they repeated 10000 times those 2 weeks.

Yeah definitely, also I love how some people try to justify the matter by saying stuff like this happens with every team.

I hope it didn't even happen with this TEAM. This is pretty awful and imo shakes the foundation of the NFL

I don't doubt that this is true for a second. I have had a sour taste in my mouth for this organization since their superbowl against us and no it don't have anything to do with them winning. It was more how they used a 5 yr. old hurricane to gain sympathy from the country and all the old drudged up stories they repeated 10000 times those 2 weeks.

In all fairness, was the hurricane stuff the team or was it the media?

It was the media.........it still was right up till the bounty stuff

The hurricane was beyond horrible but I admit............when the saints play at my house we count the references they make to Katrina

It this stuff is true, I feel really badly for saints fans

I hope it didn't even happen with this TEAM. This is pretty awful and imo shakes the foundation of the NFL

Definitely, I imagine with bounty gate and spygate #2 that people are trying to dig up as much dirt as they can on the Saints, which makes sense. With the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if they uncover much more. :nono:

Bad for the NFL.

Im sure the media played their part in it but it just seemed like the Saints used it to nauseating proportions to gain sympathy. I know it was a terrible time for the city, but the memories did not need to be drudged up and exploited the way they were. I found it in extremely poor taste.

I also thought that is was the media more than anything that promoted Katrina. It got so bad that I felt like I was almost evil for wanting the Colts to win the SB.

However, I don't personally know any Saint's fans and have never lurked on their forums. The only contact I have had was with the few who joined our forums prior to the SB.

There were a few that were really great. And, some were just plain obnoxious. Like the dentist who said that he/she still had all the teeth in his/her mouth that an American should have.

I still don't know what that meant as I wasn't aware that people in other countries have more or less teeth than Americans.