Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts most likely will not draft a QB (Jordan Love)

runthepost

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where the record that he is afraid to draft a qb? Didnt see it in the article. What would you give up in a trade for Love? I would think our top ten first round pick would be to much.

Also, not related to the topic but is anyone else having an issue in the text box where the quote keeps getting highlighted and unlimited making it difficult/impossible to type? 

3 minutes ago, KB said:

Where the record that he is afraid to draft a qb? 

“Taking (a quarterback) in the first round will get y'all off my (butt) for a little bit," he said, "but the moment he doesn't play well, I'm getting run out the door. There's a difference between taking one and taking the right one.“

Reason why he targets a proven commodity 

Just now, runthepost said:

“Taking (a quarterback) in the first round will get y'all off my (butt) for a little bit," he said, "but the moment he doesn't play well, I'm getting run out the door. There's a difference between taking one and taking the right one.“

I think he is saying, no matter what he does he won't be able to please the fans, and he is right. I'd like to make this a full conversation but can't seem to be able to type. 

49 minutes ago, runthepost said:

is love proven i havent followed him

17 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I think the Packers would part with Rodger before Love at this point

Depends. They might be in position to get say Richardson or something. Maybe they like him better. Or want to start that rookie deal over with another rookie.

Could have love for two years before needing to extend him.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Probably a third.

Lol wouldn’t give up anything for him, remember Broncos colts this year? Your never one player away from contending. If you’re owner, GM ,head coach aren’t on the same page then it’s not going to work.

28 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

This.. plus i see us get levis this year...

I hope so but I think we need to pick in the top six to make it happen without the compensation to move up ,if needed, being too costly.  I think the top three quarterbacks are being drafted in the 1st six picks.  If our pick is seven or larger then I think a trade for Love increases dramatically.  We keep our 1st and trade them our 2nd for Love.  He is a former 1st rounder with the 5th year option ,which is very important, who looked very good in his only action this year.  They will not give him away in a quarterback needy league.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I hope so but I think we need to pick in the top six to make it happen without the compensation to move up ,if needed, being too costly.  I think the top three quarterbacks are being drafted in the 1st six picks.  If our pick is seven or larger then I think a trade for Love increases dramatically.  We keep our 1st and trade them our 2nd for Love.  He is a former 1st rounder with the 5th year option ,which is very important, who looked very good in his only action this year.  They will not give him away in a quarterback needy league.

we have a good chance to leap up to number 5 or even 3 depending on the higher teams winning out and us losing however i do see us winning against the texans so maybe 6

27 minutes ago, Moe said:

Lol wouldn’t give up anything for him, remember Broncos colts this year? Your never one player away from contending. If you’re owner, GM ,head coach aren’t on the same page then it’s not going to work.

We have no QB. If we miss our on the top 3 I wouldn’t mind trading for love if he is available. I am tired of old QB. I am tired of a dang different QB every year. Love was very raw. He should be ready now.

IIRC, the back when Farve retired and then decided he wanted to come the Packers were ready to move forward with Aaron Rodgers. Notice they did not want to sit Rodgers another year and were confident they had someone to move forward with at QB for the long term.

If Jordan Love does request and if the Packers are willing to trade him then that is a red flag to me. Teams will move off a star but older QB in favor of a young one all day. QB is the one position where they stick with the team if they are the real deal.

Teams are not in the business of developing QBs and trading them. Jimmy G is an instance of a team trading a young QB and working out for the receiving team. I think if the Colts traded for Love people would have much higher expectations. 

Forget all of the other factors at play here. Just the Packers willingness to trade Jordan Love, if they are, would make me stop and wonder what all the Packers know and see in Love that make them willing to move on? It would be a red flag, IMO.

Whether it be another trade or the draft, if Ballards QB choice fails, he's outta here undoubtedly. Many think he's out after this year, but I think he's now on the same boat Reich was at the end of last year

That being the case, I can easily see him trading for Love since he'll be more ready then any other NFL rookie. But, in the same breathe, if a rookie shows promise then that might buy Ballard another year as well.

Either way, he's done being allowed to be 'afraid' or picking a QB for the future. The time is now if he's still around in 2023.

For everyone wondering about the "Ballard is afraid to draft a QB comments". Its more like he is afraid to sell future capital to move up for a QB. I dont have a link but someone does im sure, but he is on record saying he was very high on Fields but didn't want to take a chance and didn't want to part with draft capital.

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He has barely played. But the last game he played a quarter a couple weeks ago he looks like he has made huge strides. Having watched Rodgers for three years he seems ready. 

people think every one is like mahomes where they are instantly good .  its just not realistic  they gave sam two games and now he will never get better same with love .   people are impatient and any QB the colts take will be labeled a bust by the same people after a couple of games his rookie year .

4 hours ago, KB said:

Also, not related to the topic but is anyone else having an issue in the text box where the quote keeps getting highlighted and unlimited making it difficult/impossible to type?

No, I have not seen that. Can you send me a personal message if that continues. When you do so, explain what you mean by "getting highlighted and unlimited". Thanks. 

29 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

For everyone wondering about the "Ballard is afraid to draft a QB comments". Its more like he is afraid to sell future capital to move up for a QB. I dont have a link but someone does im sure, but he is on record saying he was very high on Fields but didn't want to take a chance and didn't want to part with draft capital.

Fields was the 4th quarterback taken in the 2021 draft with the 11th pick.  We would have had to move up from pick 21 to get in front of 11.   I can see his argument that the capital required to move that far up is not worth the risk for maybe the 4th rated quarterback in the class.  This year we will be much closer to the top 10.  Maybe inside the top 10.  Entirely different circumstances.  This year he makes the move if he thinks he needs to.

Wow, I thought this Jordan Love nightmere talk was over a few years ago.  There is a reason why Ballard intentionally made GB think he was after Love in the draft and then afterwards said he had no idea of trading up to get a QB.

Jordan Love is not very good. He never has been. He never will be. Accept it. Move on.

I am not interested in taking anyone else’s trash and hoping it will work for the Colts.  Drafting a QB may not work but I think if you look around the NFL the success rate is higher hitting in the draft than getting another teams QB unless you get a sure thing like Stafford, Brady, or Peyton.  Even then a guy like Wilson who should have been a sure thing hasn’t worked so far.  

13 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Jordan love isn't even good why are we still talking about him. CB even stated last year he would have traded up for fields so apparently he isn't afraid..

I’m looking like Hae Jordan love done something I haven’t seen yet? We might as well take Richardson or Levis before we try to trade for love , it’s gonna be a lot of vet qb available in FA who can bridge the gap no need to waste picks 

9 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Fields was the 4th quarterback taken in the 2021 draft with the 11th pick.  We would have had to move up from pick 21 to get in front of 11.   I can see his argument that the capital required to move that far up is not worth the risk for maybe the 4th rated quarterback in the class.  This year we will be much closer to the top 10.  Maybe inside the top 10.  Entirely different circumstances.  This year he makes the move if he thinks he needs to.

Exactly. Ballard’s quite was that he’s not afraid to draft up for the right guy, but you have to be darn sure he’s going to work out when you spend that much capital, because if he doesn’t, yeah, you are for sure gonna be shown the door. Paraphrasing of course 

people need to go listen to the whole dang interview. 

15 hours ago, KB said:

Where the record that he is afraid to draft a qb? Didnt see it in the article. What would you give up in a trade for Love? I would think our top ten first round pick would be to much.

Yep happening to me randomly has well. Has ever since the site update a few months ago, I just hit refresh and it solves it

Archived