Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts most likely will not draft a QB (Jordan Love)

runthepost

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not interested in taking anyone else’s trash and hoping it will work for the Colts.  Drafting a QB may not work but I think if you look around the NFL the success rate is higher hitting in the draft than getting another teams QB unless you get a sure thing like Stafford, Brady, or Peyton.  Even then a guy like Wilson who should have been a sure thing hasn’t worked so far.  

This is different theb someone else’s trash. Because he really has not played. So it’s not a guy who has played bad a team is trying to get rid of. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

imagine giving up our second or third pick for Love and still having that very high first. We could have a very elite player with that first. WR or DE.

If the qb that's available dosnt look like a franchise qb, we should take the elite player anyways.

I changed to chrome on my phone and it's all good now.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Yep happening to me randomly has well. Has ever since the site update a few months ago, I just hit refresh and it solves it

Started using Chrome instead of basic phone browser and it's all good now.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

imagine giving up our second or third pick for Love and still having that very high first. We could have a very elite player with that first. WR or DE.

We’d still be right where we are. With a trash QB and talent everywhere else

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

Ballard didn't even have a vote for Saturday to be HC. You think Irsay is gonna let him pass on getting a QB?

Yep.. Irsay is in charge of our Top draft picks and I mean plural. Maybe Ballard can do the picking on Day 3. Lol

Ballard can get sandwiches and diet coke on days 1 & 2. Haha

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is different theb someone else’s trash. Because he really has not played. So it’s not a guy who has played bad a team is trying to get rid of. 

Rodgers likely retires at season end. He’s played like crap. The fact of the matter is, Jordan Love would have taken over by now IF he was capable of better play than Rodgers this season. And even if he’s a step below, the Packers aren’t trading Love IF he’s even remotely decent when Rodgers is a huge Question mark.considering they could have had a kings ransom for Rodgers last year and chose to cave to his demands, that tells me Love isn’t as good as they thought when they drafted him

I missed the Eagles game Love played, so I went back and checked out the highlights.  I don't know, I didn't see anything special - nothing that would make me rethink drafting a QB.  He hit a crossing route that broke for about 60.  Outside of that, he was okay.

The reality is, in the situation the Packers are in, if the dude were good, they would never trade him.  

2 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

I’m looking like Hae Jordan love done something I haven’t seen yet? We might as well take Richardson or Levis before we try to trade for love , it’s gonna be a lot of vet qb available in FA who can bridge the gap no need to waste picks 

He’s taken 87 regular season snaps over the last THREE years.   Very small amount playing behind Rodgers.  Hardly enough to make any conclusion on his abilities.

2 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

I’m looking like Hae Jordan love done something I haven’t seen yet? We might as well take Richardson or Levis before we try to trade for love , it’s gonna be a lot of vet qb available in FA who can bridge the gap no need to waste picks 

I am kinda intrigued by T Rich. Just worried he might not be able to read a defense.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Colts fans should plan on watching the Jets Bills game today.   Bleacher Report has an article predicting Mike White will be the quarterback of the Colts next year. Lol

If we go rookie QB we already have 2 vets. One of them will be the backup or starter to a rookie. The other will. E gone. We don’t need another lol.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If we trade for him it will be higher than a 4th.  A 2nd in my opinion.

My reply was for Ballard's apprehension to draft a rookee in the higher rounds. 

I have no dought he's capable of trading a high draft pick for a vet.

Imo this coming season is Ballard’s last chance to find a franchise quarterback for the Colts.  His first choice will be to draft one.  He won’t just draft anyone.  It will have to be his guy.  If he feels he can’t get him I think he will try hard to trade for Love.  Once we know Rodgers plans things will become much clearer on that path.  The Packers have to be willing of course.  We just need to see how the season plays out.

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No thanks. 

if we end up wining two games we might not have a choice .   we need a QB so its either pay matt ryan 35 million to stink up the place  draft a later round QB like richardson or  trade for a veteran band aid /  young QB like zac wilson or love .    if we dont lose enough games our options are very limited

43 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Love is more ready then any QB we could draft. He has had 3 years to sit and learn. What better thing to have another team have developed your future and get a young QB who is ready. It’s way less of a risk.

I hope we draft our own guy. If the Packers trade Love that's a red flag in my opinion. Also, people need to stop with the "we have to win NOW" mentality when it comes to our QB situation. We're not a QB away from contention and letting him sit a year or maybe even two isn't a disaster.

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I hope we draft our own guy. If the Packers trade Love that's a red flag in my opinion. Also, people need to stop with the "we have to win NOW" mentality when it comes to our QB situation. We're not a QB away from contention and letting him sit a year or maybe even two isn't a disaster.

if we do get a rookie it might be better to try and trade some vets because by the time the QB gets good enough to compete our base will be in their 30s .    getting some cap space clear and getting some picks might be a good option to rebuild .  there is a lot of win now teams that might be desperate enough to want to win a championship . guys like buckner leonard nelson might be able to get back first round picks or seconds .  if a team is close to being a super bowl threat they will be picking late any way and might not need the picks

4 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

You don’t think Ballard has to win now?  I do.  I still believe Irsay expects to make the playoffs next year.  Get a competent coach, quarterback and an improved OL and I think we can.  Trading Love makes sense if Rodgers continues to play.  He’s not giving up all of that money.  I think the Packers are expecting him to play at least two more years.  I read an article where it said Love might force a trade.  Should be an interesting off-season for them as well.

36 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

if we end up wining two games we might not have a choice .   we need a QB so its either pay matt ryan 35 million to stink up the place  draft a later round QB like richardson or  trade for a veteran band aid /  young QB like zac wilson or love .    if we dont lose enough games our options are very limited

I am not sold on Love or Zach. I would gamble and draft one.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is a huge difference between those too. Wilson has played enough and looks really bad. That would be taking someone else’s trash. Love has barely played. 

When Love has played he has looked bad. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colt fans aren’t going to be happy unless they get manning or luck again. Everyone else in their eyes is trash. 

the grinch waiting GIF

17 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

we have a good chance to leap up to number 5 or even 3 depending on the higher teams winning out and us losing however i do see us winning against the texans so maybe 6

We have a good chance to move up to 6 if:

- Colts win 1 more

- 3 teams with 4 wins today get 2 more wins

- all teams with 5 wins get at least one more win

If we win one more I don't think the probability is that good.   Possible,  but not probable.

I'm hoping for ot though!

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Love is more ready then any QB we could draft. He has had 3 years to sit and learn. What better thing to have another team have developed your future and get a young QB who is ready. It’s way less of a risk.

You were also one saying that Wentz would get us to the Super Bowl…

Archived