Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

So thats we already have on Julian

I should say that many believe he has the potential to be a very rangy FS, but we haven't seen that so far in his college career. Hopefully we can mold his athleticism into a rangy FS that can come downhill in a flash to make a stop.

33 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Patmon and Coutee are not sure things to make it.

We've kept Patmon on the 53 for two years even though he couldn’t contribute much at all.   So the coaches see something.  We think he can be something.  He’s not a lock, but the coaches believe he can be more. 

X

Pittman

Patmon

Strachan

Z

Campbell

Dulin

Pierce

Unknown

Coutee

Harris

Any other late signing.    Hilton?

Am I forgetting someone?

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I like the  pick. The only thing is this. I cannot think of any pass catcher making an impact in the NFL at that height.

Jimmy Graham had a nice career. Gronk is an inch shorter whoopee.

Why do you worry about stupid ____ like this? IT'S ATE UP!

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Could Raimann win the LT spot in camp?   Maybe.    But I wouldn’t expect it.   Raimann is a very good athlete for his size.   He could play either tackle spot, or even kick inside and play guard.   And he’s only played OL for two years.   His future is right in front of him, he should have a bright future at some spot. 

He is a unique athlete that I do believe will eventually earn the starting spot at LT but, not right away.  Great depth for now with great upside and future.  Could that future be later this year?  I believe it could be. 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

We've kept Patmon on the 53 for two years even though he couldn’t contribute much at all.   So the coaches see something.  We think he can be something.  He’s not a lock, but the coaches believe he can be more. 

X

Pittman

Patmon

Strachan

Z

Campbell

Dulin

Pierce

Unknown

Coutee

Harris

Any other late signing.    Hilton?

Am I forgetting someone?

Yes. You are forgetting to add in 7 other guys who could take the place of the entire 7 underwhelming guys the Colts currently have behind Pittman. I know you are going to emoji me or give me some company man lecture but this group is trash compared to other teams and you know it, though you won't admit it because it goes against your whole schtick.

Heck the Lions with St. Brown, Williams, and DJ Chark is better than this group, followed up by Reynolds and Raymond and Hockenson and I could go on but I won't. Let that sink in. The Lions. Sidenote: Lions are a major sleeper pick offensively in 2022

24 minutes ago, Hark said:

I want to go on the record as saying these are all guys I thought would be really good picks for the Colts...which probably means that none of them will work out :headspin:

I think that's a given.  With (almost) everyone ecstatic that Ballard went out and got all guys that fans wanted... it seems inevitable that this draft class crashes and burns haha

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

Yes. You are forgetting to add in 7 other guys who could take the place of the entire 7 underwhelming guys the Colts currently have behind Pittman. I know you are going to emoji me or give me some company man lecture but this group is trash compared to other teams and you know it, though you won't admit it because it goes against your whole schtick.

Heck the Lions with St. Brown, Williams, and DJ Chark is better than this group, followed up by Reynolds and Raymond and Hockenson and I could go on but I won't. Let that sink in. The Lions. Sidenote: Lions are a major sleeper pick offensively in 2022

Did you not listen to Ballard at his Pre-draft session with the media?

This isn’t a full quote, but he basically said…. “Everyone is so afraid of the unknown.”  He was talking to YOU.   Ballard was talking to everyone, fan and media, who think like you.  You guys have yet to see it, therefor you think they can’t do it, 

There are a lot of things I could say, but I’ll try to keep this simple and straightforward…  I’ll borrow from Superman, perhaps the most respected poster here….

Guys like Chris Ballard, Ed Dodds, Morocco Brown, and the rest of the scouting department.   This isn’t just their job, it’s their career.  They are hugely respected around the NFL.   And these guys have faith in guys like Campbell, Dulin, Patmon and Strachan.  They see good qualities in all of them.   This year is their coming out party.   I’m not predicting they’re all going to be stars, but I think they’re going to be better than you and others here believe.  

I have faith in these kids because our scouting staff does, and I have faith in this staff. 

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This isn’t a full quote, but he basically said…. “Everyone is so afraid of the unknown.”  He was talking to YOU.   Ballard was talking to everyone, fan and media, who think like you.  You guys have yet to see it, therefor you think they can’t do it, 

There are a lot of things I could say, but I’ll try to keep this simple and straightforward…  I’ll borrow from Superman, perhaps the most respected poster here….

Guys like Chris Ballard, Ed Dodds, Morocco Brown, and the rest of the scouting department.   This isn’t just their job, it’s their career.  They are hugely respected around the NFL.   And these guys have faith in guys like Campbell, Dulin, Patmon and Strachan.  They see good qualities in all of them.   This year is their coming out party.   I’m not predicting they’re all going to be stars, but I think they’re going to be better than you and others here believe.  

I have faith in these kids because our scouting staff does, and I have faith in this staff. 

And I will keep this short

Do you know how embarrassing it is as a fan to hear Irsay get on the phone with this kid (Pierce) and reference Marvin and Reggie and the HOF and what the Colts once had in their WRs when pumping up this kids' confidence knowing darn well this kid will never come close? Knowing that Irsay feels the same way as a lot of us do, that this team and it's fan base needs an elite WR, longs for one, and Ballard just isn't the guy to get it done at this point, and won't as long as he continues to "hope all these little project JAGS" amount to something they never will.

I seriously am starting to believe that whatever he and his team sees in wideouts, they should just look for the opposite at this point and I'm not joking here. They cannot seem to value any talent or find any talent past a WR2 possession type of mold when dealing with perimeter guys. Whether on purpose or not doesn't matter. They have failed here for years now.

At some point you my friend need to take a step back and call that spade, the spade that it is instead of trying to make the rest of us and you believe that their plan is to always dig with a teaspoon instead of actually going to spend the money or Resources on a real shovel. 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Today is just gravy. We will see if Ballard minds up to the 4th.

It is all gravy, I posted that earlier. Even we took a QB now I wouldn't be mad haha . We filled our needs. Sam Howell will go in the 4th round IMO. Having said that I would like to see us draft another WR and draft a CB.

Earlier this week I was listening to Kevin Rogers (Director of Player Personnel) on Colts.com and from what he said we should expect a much more active undrafted free agent signing period today. They always sign some guys but I think this year the talent is projected to be better compared to last due to covid.

LOVE the picks so far today.

Cade Otton going to Tampa is good. Kid can block and catch. Maybe Gronk is done after all, either way they have a solid TE room.

I love that Dameon Pierce pick for Houston. That RB room needed legitimacy. He can play.

Coby Bryant to Seattle. Interesting that they seem bent on riding with Drew Lock.

3 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Faalele to Baltimore. Seriously, i love our draft this year but again Baltimore is CRUSHING this draft. They do it every single year. If only they can stay healthy

Baltimore is doing well in this draft. They have always had a good FO and very good Coach in Harbaugh. Who is Lamar going to throw the ball too though? Hollywood is gone.

36 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Football doesn't make sense to that guy.

We are headed for a very competitive season.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Baltimore is doing well in this draft. They have always had a good FO and very good Coach in Harbaugh. Who is Lamar going to throw the ball too though? Hollywood is gone.

Yeah but they drafted Bateman and Tylan Wallace last year, and both those guys were players who many thought would do well in the league. Bateman needed to play more anyway and frankly Hollywood never got to the level everyone needed him to be at. 

Also, they've got Tony Polian and the main catcher there is Mark Andrews anyway. They'll be fine

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

And I will keep this short

Do you know how embarrassing it is as a fan to hear Irsay get on the phone with this kid (Pierce) and reference Marvin and Reggie and the HOF and what the Colts once had in their WRs when pumping up this kids' confidence knowing darn well this kid will never come close? Knowing that Irsay feels the same way as a lot of us do, that this team and it's fan base needs an elite WR, longs for one, and Ballard just isn't the guy to get it done at this point, and won't as long as he continues to "hope all these little project JAGS" amount to something they never will.

I seriously am starting to believe that whatever he and his team sees in wideouts, they should just look for the opposite at this point and I'm not joking here. They cannot seem to value any talent or find any talent past a WR2 possession type of mold when dealing with perimeter guys. Whether on purpose or not doesn't matter. They have failed here for years now.

At some point you my friend need to take a step back and call that spade, the spade that it is instead of trying to make the rest of us and you believe that their plan is to always dig with a teaspoon instead of actually going to spend the money or Resources on a real shovel. 

You think Irsay AGREES with the angry fans?  Really?   I don’t think so.   If he did,  he could easily order Ballard to take a receiver of better physical ability, but lesser character, or or smaller size.   And it didn’t happen.  

I heard Irsay’s call to Pierce.  His mentioning of Marvin and Reggie struck me as sharing with a young player may not know about the Colts great history of receivers that this franchise has a great legacy and we hope the kid aspires to be great like that.  I thought the quote was harmless, not some indictment of Chris Ballard. 

I loved Watson and Moore.  I wanted one of them to be our second round pick.  As for Moore was there for the taking.   I liked Pierce, but wrote posts saying I thought he was more a third round receiver, and not a second.   But even when I’m somewhat disappointed, I try never to substitute my judgement for the view of this scouting department.   Now I’d have been outraged if the Colts had drafted WanDale Robinson like the Giants did in the 2nd.   But we didn’t.  The Grigson days are over.

I hope we can re-visit this at the end of the season.   I look forward to seeing who has improved.   I’m sure you look forward to pointing out who hasn’t.   So be it. 

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

Yeah but they drafted Bateman and Tylan Wallace last year, and both those guys were players who many thought would do well in the league. Bateman needed to play more anyway and frankly Hollywood never got to the level everyone needed him to be at. 

Also, they've got Tony Polian and the main catcher there is Mark Andrews anyway. They'll be fine

Andrews is great, the other 2 have potential. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You think Irsay AGREES with the angry fans?  Really?   I don’t think so.   If he did,  he could easily order Ballard to take a receiver of better physical ability, but lesser character, or or smaller size.   And it didn’t happen.  

I heard Irsay’s call to Pierce.  His mentioning of Marvin and Reggie struck me as sharing with a young player may not know about the Colts great history of receivers that this franchise has a great legacy and we hope the kid aspires to be great like that.  I thought the quote was harmless, not some indictment of Chris Ballard. 

I loved Watson and Moore.  I wanted one of them to be our second round pick.  As for Moore was there for the taking.   I liked Pierce, but wrote posts saying I thought he was more a third round receiver, and not a second.   But even when I’m somewhat disappointed, I try never to substitute my judgement for the view of this scouting department.   Now I’d have been outraged if the Colts had drafted WanDale Robinson like the Giants did in the 2nd.   But we didn’t.  The Grigson days are over.

I hope we can re-visit this at the end of the season.   I look forward to seeing who has improved.   I’m sure you look forward to pointing out who hasn’t.   So be it. 

I heard the call as well. All Irsay was doing IMO was telling Pierce about how we have a tradition of having great WR's and he wanted Pierce to be a part of it. What I liked about Pierce was when he talked to all 3 = Irsay, Ballard, and Reich, he kept an even keel in his voice and just said thanks basically. Pierce didn't sound excited or scared.

Archived