Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Enagbare goes to GB. Took a while for him to get off the board but that's a solid value to get a potential bowler

1 minute ago, stitches said:

R6 starting. 

The draft board says we have 2 picks here. But If I'm not mistaken we gave up one of them? 

We had multiple R5 picks IIRC, i think we gave up the latter of those

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

R6 starting. 

The draft board says we have 2 picks here. But If I'm not mistaken we gave up one of them? 

We gave up a 5th and 2023 3rd for Cross. I think we got an extra 6th comp pick for losing Houston (I think)

Edit: Autry actually instead of Houston

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

At this point these guys will be lucky if they make the team. But just add some guys with upside and get a look at them.

The Colts didn’t have a depth piece behind Grover. Johnson has a very good shot at making the team.  At this point it’s him vs Chris Williams. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

4-5 picks before our pick. Lets do it again... 

Shoot your shot... who do the Colts get? 

Mine - Jeffrey Gunter, DE. 

Melton still there? Or Strong. Or maybe Von Demark? Maybe Sanborn. 

6 minutes ago, Carolina Colt said:

This pick is a head scratcher to me.  He does have some athletic ability but I thought we were happy with the other TEs on our roster.

When your picking 192 and the roster is already solid these late round picks might not even make the roster. We are just taking these guys to get a look at them.

1 minute ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Who'd have thought Carson Strong could go undrafted lol

It was always going to be contingent on the medicals. I can only assume the meds scared everyone off.

• w87r unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I'll have to look again.  What I recall though is Warner saying how Wentz was choosing to throw the ball to a receiver not realizing that another receiver was going to be open a split second later, but Warner ignoring the pass rusher who had also broken free (which was about every pass play at JAX).  It seemed like on several plays Wentz was rushed into throwing into a bad place when Warner was making it sound like he had time and just chose to throw it to a bad read.   And there are other plays where it was pretty obvious what Warner was saying, as you say.    
    • Yes, it was somewhere deep into the season he didn't seem to improve that i recall commenting his game reminding me of Cutler, without the int's.    
    • Ehh...   QB makes the pre-snap read and sees three DBs -- two corners and a safety -- on the 2 WR side. Initial indication is he's not going that way. Post-snap, he confirms the read when he sees the safety stayed on that side. It's a split second decision, he doesn't have to go through each option individually. Any QB can make this read right away.   The 3rd and 19 throw to Pittman is an example. Wentz should have known pre-snap, and confirmed immediately at the snap, that he had two options, and they were both on the right side: Pittman for the first down, JT for the check down. But he drops with his body lined up to throw left, and doesn't even look to the right until he's about to throw the ball. He's bouncing up and down, his upper body and lower body are out of sync, and he throws an inaccurate pass to Pittman, who is actually open for the first down (so, good play design to have a shot at 3rd and 19). If he reads it right, and his mechanics are right, that's an easy throw. And he's not under pressure.   Now disguised coverage, combo coverage, going hot, etc., it gets complicated and might take more time. But to me, the reads that Warner called out were pretty obvious.
  • Members

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 9,147

• Bolt Colt

Bolt Colt 372

• Crush22

Crush22 376

• Shaolin06

Shaolin06 12

• DougDew

DougDew 4,873

• strt182