Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Just now, Carolina Colt said:

Harold Carmichael from the Eagles in the seventies and Calvin Johnson from Detroit are two names that come to mind but you are right, it is rare to see a pass catcher with that kind of size.

It's rare to see any player that tall. If "he's so tall" is the worst thing to say about a TE, I'll get over it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Bell is an odd case. He catches every thing but he’s a bit small and SLOW . But plays faster than his numbers show. There’s also the selfish side of him too. I’ve seen some mocks with him as high a mid 2nd and as low as you say, 6th round. 

When was he selfish?  Him skipping the bowl game?  I saw him take a helmet to helmet knockout shot last season and still come back and play to help Purdue qualify for that bowl game when he easily could’ve shut it down afterwards.  Also saw him celebrate other teammates having big games when he was out with the concussion.  Looked like his teammates loved him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carolina Colt said:

Harold Carmichael from the Eagles in the seventies and Calvin Johnson from Detroit are two names that come to mind but you are right, it is rare to see a pass catcher with that kind of size.

Johnson was not  6'7.  He was so 6'5

Yeah I don't know of any character issues with Bell, he's just kinda slow. If we had an "X" receiver who could fly already instead of Pittman, I would have said go get this guy. I'm very surprised he's still there.

• Like 1

Harold Carmichael was an outstanding WR for the Eagles back in the 70’s & 80’s. He was 6’8”. 

It’s all up to the player to succeed or not.  The Colts believe in him and now the balls in his court. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joecolts said:

Harold Carmichael was an outstanding WR for the Eagles back in the 70’s & 80’s. He was 6’8”. 

He was pretty good, he was not outstanding. His height made up for the rest of his abilities being OKish. 

Just now, jonjon said:

He was pretty good, he was not at outstanding. His height made up for the rest of his abilities being OKish. 

I disagree.  For that era, having 8,985 Receiving yards is more than “OKish.”

• Like 1

Raiders trade down. Have they even made a pick yet? Funny that the draft is in Vegas for the first time ever and they finally have a team........who doesn't have jack for draft picks lol 

36 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks, I cannot keep up because the internet is not stable. I read on DN that Ingram had been suspended for an off the field incident. I do not like that. We got Booth that you liked. How do you like Osamoah?

Has there been a run on QBs? Is Ridder still available?

That suspension was on 2018, I think I read, per the draft network. That Also said it got resolved by 2019 season beginning and he's been starter ever since or so. I'm outside, so saying from my memory. I'm not worried about him in that case. It read like he could be great in run blocking, but didn't get to read a lot about pass protection. Hope he doesn't turn out to be Elflein kind. You see why they picked him - for run blocking. Hope he helps Cousins as well. He's said to be strong and really scheme versatile and not just zone blocking guy, so should be better in power blocking and against bull rush, I think, compared to Bradbury and Elflein. He also has played well at both sides of guard positions, and could provide quality snaps at tackle. Let's see if they make him immediate starter. 

Not really have a great idea about the LB. Report said he's solid WILL linebacker, great range and violent tackler, so same traits like Cine pick. This guy's said to have struggled initially to understand Alabama complex defense, so they say he needs a simplified defense. Not sure what to make of that. One similarity I noticed is both these guys have 10 inch hand size.. Some analytics, metrics, and scheme combo new GM is looking for, I'm sure Marksp18 and Wludford are taking notes right now.. He he.. 

Only one QB until that Vikings pick at #66. Didn't check draft after that yet. I do think Malik Willis will be better, unless he's really bad in his accuracy, which is what teams are afraid of, I guess. Watching him, I thought it would be at least a correctable problem, like what they said for Josh Allen. But it's up to individual to work on it. I thought all other QBs had problems with mechanics or mental aspect that can't be easily corrected. 

I didn't get that feeling with Willis, but that's just my evaluation, lol

I think Raimann might be the best value pick so far tonight by the Colts.  Many of the draft boards had him going in the late first to early second round and he was selected in the third round.  If he stays healthy, he has the potential to be the left tackle of the future for the Colts. If he wins the left tackle position in training camp that means that Pryor can step back into the role he fills well as quality depth at the T/G positions on the offensive line.

20 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Didn’t realize we traded away our 4th around pick 

Yes….  At first, I didn’t either.  

we traded our two and our four.    And in return, we got Minnesota’s 2, 3 and 6.   

A 3 for 2 draft where we got back about 60 more trade value points, which is roughly the value of a mid-4.   A win for the Colts.  

Honestly, I thought there was a decent chance we’d trade back once or twice in the third to get a 4 and more.   That we didn’t tells me we loved both Woods and Raimann and didn’t want to risk losing either. 

That’s a good days work.  

Now, I wonder how we get a 4 tomorrow?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, joecolts said:

I disagree.  For that era, having 8,985 Receiving yards is more than “OKish.”

.....over 13 years, which is less than 700 yds per year. And it's not like he was hurt a lot. That's very OKish...at best, even for that era.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Carolina Colt said:

I think Raimann might be the best value pick so far tonight by the Colts.  Many of the draft boards had him going in the late first to early second round and he was selected in the third round.  If he stays healthy, he has the potential to be the left tackle of the future for the Colts. If he wins the left tackle position in training camp that means that Pryor can step back into the role he fills well as quality depth at the T/G positions on the offensive line.

Could Raimann win the LT spot in camp?   Maybe.    But I wouldn’t expect it.   Raimann is a very good athlete for his size.   He could play either tackle spot, or even kick inside and play guard.   And he’s only played OL for two years.   His future is right in front of him, he should have a bright future at some spot. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

.....over 13 years, which is less than 700 yds per year. And it's not like he was hurt a lot. That's very OKish...at best, even for that era.

I’d expect nothing less than a glass half empty view from you of Carmichael or any other player any one would bring up that was contradictory to your thoughts or, a positive to this pick.  Enjoy the rest of the draft 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Could Raimann win the LT spot in camp?   Maybe.    But I wouldn’t expect it.   Raimann is a very good athlete for his size.   He could play either tackle spot, or even kick inside and play guard.   And he’s only played OL for two years.   His future is right in front of him, he should have a bright future at some spot. 

I expect Pryor to be the starter unless he just blows things up. We will hear from Ballard as soon as this 3rd round is over.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Titans gonna titan... drafting scrubs with premier picks. 

embarrassed-sad.gif

After watching what other teams in our division have done over the years in the draft, im not to concerned on what Ive seen this draft so far! How are the Titans gonna choose between Tannehill and Willis!? I still see our Colts team as a better all-round team! Jax may be the 2nd best team behind us! Im feeling good about our AFCS chances next season!

• w87r unpinned this topic