Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Love Max Mitchell to the Jets. That's a good player. 

Again, the Jets seem to have this way of stacking good drafts and never getting it all to materialize on Sunday. Another good class they're having i think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Colt.45 said:

Love Max Mitchell to the Jets. That's a good player. 

Again, the Jets seem to have this way of stacking good drafts and never getting it all to materialize on Sunday. Another good class they're having i think.

Jets are nailing this draft, if Wilson turns out to be good they may have something in a year or 2.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dobbinblitz said:

It will be real interesting this year to track UDFA signings with the number of open roster spots left to fill. Expect Ballard to be super active.

Probably looking at round about 14/15 guys.

 

Kevin Rogers and CB had both said this would be an unusually big UDFA class for us.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I’m sure Ballard signs a couple vet FA’s post draft as well

Yup. UDFAs and dipping into the FA market is how we fill up the rest. I expect us to be VERY active. 

 

Ravens pick Armour-Davis.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jets are nailing this draft, if Wilson turns out to be good they may have something in a year or 2.

Yup. They just need FO stability (which they seemingly have now with Joe D), and they need that young QB to make the next step.

 

 

Pats select Jack Jones, CB Sun Devils

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zamir White to Raiders. Solid, they needed RB help, Josh Jacobs is solid but stacking depth there is good and i get the sense they're going to move on from Jacobs when the contract is up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Zamir White to Raiders. Solid, they needed RB help, Josh Jacobs is solid but stacking depth there is good and i get the sense they're going to move on from Jacobs when the contract is up

They've already declined Jacobs 5th year option.  He's been productve but they never paid big money to running backs in New England so I take it Mcdaniels believes in the scheme. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


You think Irsay AGREES with the angry fans?  Really?   I don’t think so.   If he did,  he could easily order Ballard to take a receiver of better physical ability, but lesser character, or or smaller size.   And it didn’t happen.  
 

I heard Irsay’s call to Pierce.  His mentioning of Marvin and Reggie struck me as sharing with a young player may not know about the Colts great history of receivers that this franchise has a great legacy and we hope the kid aspires to be great like that.  I thought the quote was harmless, not some indictment of Chris Ballard. 
 

I loved Watson and Moore.  I wanted one of them to be our second round pick.  As for Moore was there for the taking.   I liked Pierce, but wrote posts saying I thought he was more a third round receiver, and not a second.   But even when I’m somewhat disappointed, I try never to substitute my judgement for the view of this scouting department.   Now I’d have been outraged if the Colts had drafted WanDale Robinson like the Giants did in the 2nd.   But we didn’t.  The Grigson days are over.

 

I hope we can re-visit this at the end of the season.   I look forward to seeing who has improved.   I’m sure you look forward to pointing out who hasn’t.   So be it. 

I never said Irsay's comments were a shot at Ballard, you took it that way, and this is why you honestly can never be truly objective even when you claim you are doing so.

 

You've got a serious man crush over there, so much where even your so-called gripes with Ballard are strategically laced with potential doors he could escape from. You always give this guy an out. Always will. I won't and the only door I would show him, if I had my say, is the one he walked in from if he doesn't solve this issue soon. 

 

What I said was that Irsay comments reflected that he misses the days of when the Colts receivers were considered the top of the NFL. Could I have heard those comments as an attached view that I personally have? Sure, but when I step back and put myself in his shoes, I don't think I would ever bring up trips to the HOF decorated in memories of the past, especially to someone who no one knows will actually start in 2022 more-over become a potential HOFer.

 

No, what he did was inadvertently expose his desire and let all know who was listening, including Pierce, where his intention truly is. Getting back to the days when the Colts WRs were spoken of in conversations with the best in the league along with the Colts RB. Those conversations haven't been spoken over a decade ago now. Irsay and angry fans only have one thing in common to that point.

 

They each are growing tired of that decade drought moving closer to two decades of drought when referring to Colt's receivers in the top tier conversations. 

 

Your boy is smack dab in the middle of that. If he wins without that, all will be good and most likely forgiven. If he doesn't, he will be shown the door I discussed.

 

So far, he hasn't won so much as the division. That better change this year for his sake.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ravens get Charlie Kolar. I don't really like his blocking but dude can catch like Kelce lol. @2006Coltsbestever, there's another pass catcher.

 

Pierre Strong picked by the Pats is a good back, they didn't need a back but that kid is the best pass blocker in the draft as MJD said. Also his pro comp......Joe Addai

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Ravens get Charlie Kolar. I don't really like his blocking but dude can catch like Kelce lol. @2006Coltsbestever, there's another pass catcher.

 

Pierre Strong picked by the Pats is a good back, they didn't need a back but that kid is the best pass blocker in the draft as MJD said. Also his pro comp......Joe Addai

Lamar's contract is coming up, that will be interesting to see how that is handled. He doesn't have a agent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I get the feeling this will be his last year as a raven.

I'll be surprised if that's the case. Unless a QB falls in their lap from somewhere. Huntley is good and i was probably his #1 fan here during the last draft but he's not Lamar. Not yet anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I'll be surprised if that's the case. Unless a QB falls in their lap from somewhere. Huntley is good and i was probably his #1 fan here during the last draft but he's not Lamar. Not yet anyway

I get the feeling he wants out of Baltimore that’s why he won’t sit down and work out a contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cordell Volson to Cincy. LOVE it! Took them long enough to pick O-line. They got some guys in FA too. Love Volson, i think he'll possibly need some time but he can play several positions, and dude is smart and tough. Love the pick.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pats pick Bailey Zappe. Wow. Well that's a good pick, good value. What happens to Hoyer and Stidham.....doesnt matter i guess, they battle it out for QB2.

 

Zappe is efficient but the arm strength really bugs me. He goes over Strong, and Howell? Bizarre to me but it doesnt matter, Jones is all that matters

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Colt.45 said:

The jitterbug goes to Pittsburgh. They've picked some solid WRs this draft. Calvin Austin is elusive but not sure how he'll hold up

 

 

Najee Harris is all kinds of silly :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Pats pick Bailey Zappe. Wow. Well that's a good pick, good value. What happens to Hoyer and Stidham.....doesnt matter i guess, they battle it out for QB2.

 

Zappe is efficient but the arm strength really bugs me.

 

Hi there, @Colt.45

 

Who did the Vikes draft today? 

 

So far, they have not drafted anyone I was hoping for. I always love the Ravens drafts. I am at a restaurant and I see they drafted Likely. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green Bay low key killing the draft. Love both their WRs, love that they didn't force a WR in the 1st and got good defensive players there. Zach Tom at this stage of the draft is great too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

Hi there, @Colt.45

 

Who did the Vikes draft today? 

 

So far, they have not drafted anyone I was hoping for. I always love the Ravens drafts. I am at a restaurant and I see they drafted Likely. 

 

Akayleb Evans, CB from Missouri. I saw him live a few times and he's a unit, aggressive, instinctive. Big RAS player. Technically, if he can be developed correctly, he's a steal but development is always the issue, so how good are the Bikes coaches at developing the secondary players?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Green Bay low key killing the draft. Love both their WRs, love that they didn't force a WR in the 1st and got good defensive players there. Zach Tom at this stage of the draft is great too. 

Remember the mock draft we had? The video were Rodgers went to Gutekunst's house with a gun? lol.

Well Gutekunst played this exactly right, didnt reach at all. Love the value they got in defense, and the WR's they've netted out with. Like the Tom pick.

 

 

Ravens go CB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Remember the mock draft we had? The video were Rodgers went to Gutekunst's house with a gun? lol.

Well Gutekunst played this exactly right, didnt reach at all. Love the value they got in defense, and the WR's they've netted out with. Like the Tom pick.

 

 

Ravens go CB.

Yeah, I had the Packers in the mock draft and did the same thing - picked BPA in R1 and then got WRs and OL on day 2 and R4. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, stitches said:

Yeah, I had the Packers and did the same thing - picked BPA in R1 and then got WRs and OL on day 2 and R4. 

It's just such a smart way to operate especially when you have that level of QB, and a draft filled with WRs. Frankly i think teams are going to start treating WRs like RBs soon. There're too many good ones coming out. You don't reach for them anymore unless you're the Saints....who don't care about value at all.

 

Titans get Chigs. TE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...