Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Back to pick #159 Eric Johnson, I think this was a good pick.  He has the frame and athletic ability to become a good interior defensive lineman.  He will need plenty of time in the weight room to build up the strength to play at the NFL level but if that happens he could be a nice piece to add to the defensive line rotation.

Just now, Carolina Colt said:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I'd not be surprised if Kwesi extends Cousins for next few years, either this off-season or next.

That would be awful. I thought they should have cut him a year or two ago and taken a big dead cap hit and let the chips fall where they may. We would finish with one of the worst records but rid ourselves of that contract. Sometimes you have to take a loss to come out on top.

I do not believe he will be extended again. That is my hope.

I see we picked up two or three more guys. Meh. I am beginning to feel like older Vikes fans who see time passing and may never get a championship. (At least my other team, the NY Mets are having a good year. Hope it continues.)

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He had 7.5 sacks. That seems like good production.

He had no business being at 216, its criminal. He doesnt 'look' like he can hang yet for pretty much every stat that counts for DTs, he was the best in the draft. 

We got him, lets hope he produces like he did at Cincy. Usually i'd say lets hope the player does even better in the pros but with this kid, if he produces like he did in college, he's going to the pro bowl sooner rather than later.

5 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

He had no business being at 216, its criminal. He doesnt 'look' like he can hang yet for pretty much every stat that counts for DTs, he was the best in the draft. 

We got him, lets hope he produces like he did at Cincy. Usually i'd say lets hope the player does even better in the pros but with this kid, if he produces like he did in college, he's going to the pro bowl sooner rather than later.

Yeah makes no sense with that production he would slide like that. Cinci was a good team too.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

One or two of these DT probably has a good chance to make the team. We are thin after Grover. 

I think they both make it. I like both their chances to be the backups immediately. Was very happy with them.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Interesting 

Thanks Chloester! :thmup:

Brooks is the most interesting of our day 3 picks for me. The guy produced in college and tested well so looks like the main reason he slipped that far is down to him not being the prototypical size for a DT. Be interesting to see if he can overcome that at the NFL level

I really like the DL picks.  Brooks was very productive at Cincinnati and Johnson has the physical intangibles (he needs to get stronger) to become important pieces of our DL rotation.  I'm still wondering why Ballard drafted Ogletree after getting Jelani Woods and considering the other tight ends on the roster.  I really thought he would double dip at wide receiver rather than tight end during the draft.  This may bid well for those among us who want T.Y. Hilton resigned.  Rodney Thomas seems to be versatile enough to play S and maybe even LB.  He might make the roster because of that and provide some depth in those positions.

All in all I think this draft did fill some key positional needs and Ballard did a good job with it.  I'm not so sure he should have picked Alec Pierce with the first pick when maybe he could have been gotten later and I don't think the Ogletree pick at TE was the best choice as far as positions that needed filling but I'm just armchair quarterbacking and Ballard is the General Manager and maybe all of his selections will make a contribution to the Colts football team.  I think Ballard should get an A- for day two and a B- for day three if I were giving grades

Archived