Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

I like the Ryan Van Demark FA signing and think he may have a chance to make the roster.  He was one of the players the Colts had met with before the draft and I'm surprised he was not drafted in rounds 6 or 7.  At 6'7" 315 pounds he has long arms and good mobility but I think he will need to fill out a bit and add some strength before he can reach his full potential.

• Like 1

We're filling in the back end of the roster and lots of depth with these signings. I see Demark making the team, Cordell or Borghi making it, and maybe Dallis Flowers and Forrest Rhyne having a chance to fight for a spot.

Hopefully we get a couple more signings that are good as well. This is already a nice UDFA class.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Folks, i think we were trying to get more explosive. Not sure what tells me that, just a sneaky suspicion. 

Eagles with the 3rd highest RAS class. 

Ballard did say after Friday night that the offense had to get more explosive.  That was one of his top priorities this off-season.

So you’re right.    :thmup:

• Like 1

Hi folks!  Sorry I wasn't with you for the rest of the draft.  I had to speak at a memorial service today.

And my boy, Smoke Monday, wasn't even drafted.  And he UFA signed with the Saints.  Good luck, Smoke.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. My only big problem with Rick was signing Cousins to that ridiculous contract. Even trading for Bradford was understandable and we could get out of it. This Cousins contract has us trapped. 

Anyway, how are the Colts doing? The fans like the picks? @stitches @Colt.45 @2006Coltsbestever

Very solid draft. I think if we can stay pretty healthy we should have enough to win the division and maybe make a little noise in the playoffs. I like our roster on paper. We did well in getting Matt Ryan, Yannick, and Gilmore to boot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Very solid draft. I think if we can stay pretty healthy we should have enough to win the division and maybe make a little noise in the playoffs. I like our roster on paper. We did well in getting Matt Ryan, Yannick, and Gilmore to boot.

That's an amazing off-season so far. 

Because I have been seeing here the range of emotions of Colts fans since the last game of the season. This is a whole different world from that time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That's an amazing off-season so far. 

Because I have been seeing here the range of emotions of Colts fans since the last game of the season. This is a whole different world from that time. 

I agree. Yet, you would not know it reading everything in that Ballard complaint thread. Ballard reminds me of Rick. 

On 4/30/2022 at 1:09 PM, Colt.45 said:

Teams really not high on QBs in this class at all. We'll see how good these QBs from this class are in 2023. I wouldn't laugh too quickly

Suggesting taken him in Rd 2 was ridiculous with his medicals, level of competition and combine performance.   

11 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Suggesting taken him in Rd 2 was ridiculous with his medicals, level of competition and combine performance.   

If his medicals were clean, he'd have been QB1. Teams steered clear of him, and Justyn Ross who's still unsigned i believe. It is what it is. Level of competition, and combine performance are not what kept Strong undrafted.

'IF his meds check out' was my common refrain, it didnt.

• w87r unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 1:46 PM, NFLfan said:

Hi there, @Colt.45

Who did the Vikes draft today? 

So far, they have not drafted anyone I was hoping for. I always love the Ravens drafts. I am at a restaurant and I see they drafted Likely. 

@Colt .45 @Colt.45

Long time no see. I hope you are well and will be joining us here again. You are missed.

I'm watching preseason football, Ravens @ Cardinals. Isaiah Likely is looking really good for the Ravens. That was a guy I wanted the Vikes to draft. 

Anyway, hope to see you on the forum soon.