Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Older prospect but has upside because of how new he is to football and how smoothly he moves on the field. Strong hands that are very accurate. Lateral quicks are lacking. OT was major need. Could add strength. This is tremendous value. (Chris Trapasso)

Draft Scouting Report:

1 minute ago, IndySouthsider said:

I have seen his projection as low as 6th round

Bell is an odd case. He catches every thing but he’s a bit small and SLOW . But plays faster than his numbers show. There’s also the selfish side of him too. I’ve seen some mocks with him as high a mid 2nd and as low as you say, 6th round. 

I could see us possibly trading up into the back end of the 3rd or early 4th to take Woolen. I think he fits the trend of drafting these athletic freaks that need refinement and he was a top 30 visit of ours.

Just now, csmopar said:

Bell is an odd case. He catches every thing but he’s a bit small and SLOW . But plays faster than his numbers show. There’s also the selfish side of him too. I’ve seen some mocks with him as high a mid 2nd and as low as you say, 6th round. 

Didn't they say Marvin  Harrison  was slow?

14 minutes ago, Carolina Colt said:

Woods has the physical attributes to become a good NFL TE.  He needs to work on his blocking and route running but at 6'7" 250 pounds and good speed he could be a nightmare for LBs and safeties to cover.  The Colts might have a good NBA basketball team at WR and TE now.

I like the  pick. The only thing is this. I cannot think of any pass catcher making an impact in the NFL at that height.

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

Yea.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I like the  pick. The only thing is this. I cannot think of any pass catcher making an impact in the NFL at that height.

There’s been a couple near 7 ft that made some big impacts. But I think it’s been a while

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

IIRC, they said the same thing about Jerry Rice but one thing was for sure - if he had the ball and you were chasing him to the end zone, you weren't catching him!

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Selfish?  Living in W. Laffayette for a few years usually humbles folks.

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

I could see us possibly trading up into the back end of the 3rd or early 4th to take Woolen. I think he fits the trend of drafting these athletic freaks that need refinement and he was a top 30 visit of ours.

Deer Popcorn GIF

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Willis is falling hard, 

I admit even I'm surprised he has fallen to the 4th, but much more surprised that Corral has as well. So much for all the draftniks who insisted "teams will reach for QBs!"

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Harold Carmichael from the Eagles in the seventies and Calvin Johnson from Detroit are two names that come to mind but you are right, it is rare to see a pass catcher with that kind of size.

Archived