Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Carson be a Colt on March 19th, 2022? Predictions!

Smonroe

I know we've done nothing but speculate since January, but people seem to love making predictions on this forum.

So, here's your chance.  Simple YES or NO.  You can explain your reasoning if you want.

I'm trending towards Yes, but for my official prediction, I'll say NO.

(Mods, if this has already been done, feel free to delete the thread)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m going to say yes. 

I think Ballard and Irsay have been looking to upgrade. But let’s be honest. There’s hardly any upgrades out there right now unless we get Aaron Rodgers. Chances of that? Probably pretty low. I also think Ballard and Reich will be on the hot seat after next season if playoffs aren’t met. I know they signed extensions but I don’t think that matters with Irsay right now.

21 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I’m going to say yes. 

I think Ballard and Irsay have been looking to upgrade. But let’s be honest. There’s hardly any upgrades out there right now unless we get Aaron Rodgers. Chances of that? Probably pretty low. I also think Ballard and Reich will be on the hot seat after next season if playoffs aren’t met. I know they signed extensions but I don’t think that matters with Irsay right now.

IMO, I think Wilson and Carr are upgrades, in that order.  Other than that, I don't see anyone out there (I don't think AR is a possibility).

But it sure doesn't sound like Ballard is giving Carson any confidence about staying.

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

IMO, I think Wilson and Carr are upgrades, in that order.  Other than that, I don't see anyone out there (I don't think AR is a possibility).

But it sure doesn't sound like Ballard is giving Carson any confidence about staying.

Ryan and Jimmy G would be as well. Other than 2 guys you just named though and the 2 I just named I would keep Carson if none of it happens. Rodgers IMO will stay in GB. 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ryan and Jimmy G would be as well. Other than 2 guys you just named though and the 2 I just named I would keep Carson if none of it happens. Rodgers IMO will stay in GB. 

Yeah, I'm not sold on Jimmy G being an upgrade, but that's just a personal feeling.  Ryan would be, but have you seen his contract?  Wow!

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Yeah, I'm not sold on Jimmy G being an upgrade, but that's just a personal feeling.  Ryan would be, but have you seen his contract?  Wow!

People are scared with Jimmy G because he is injury prone. Man I didn't realize he is 33-14 as a starter. I did know he has been 2 Final 4's and a SB. Pretty impressive. Ryan's contract is bad but there are ways Irsay can probably work around that. Jimmy G's short passing game is good is why I like him for our system + he would have Taylor.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People are scared with Jimmy G because he is injury prone. Man I didn't realize he is 33-14 as a starter. I did know he has been 2 Final 4's and a SB. Pretty impressive. Ryan's contract is bad but there are ways Irsay can probably work around that. Jimmy G's short passing game is good is why I like him for our system + he would have Taylor.

He's (JG) also the only active QB with 2 SB rings.  (Good trivia bar bet)

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I think we have a better chance at getting Aaron Rodgers than Wilson or Carr, in my opinion. Wilson and his wife said they won’t do anything east coast. Even though Indiana is Midwest, it’s still basically east coast for the most part. Raiders hired McDaniels as HC. He wouldn’t have took the job without a good QB. Similar to when he was hired as Colts HC and then turned it down when luck was going to retire. 

3 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I think we have a better chance at getting Aaron Rodgers than Wilson or Carr, in my opinion. Wilson and his wife said they won’t do anything east coast. Even though Indiana is Midwest, it’s still basically east coast for the most part. Raiders hired McDaniels as HC. He wouldn’t have took the job without a good QB. Similar to when he was hired as Colts HC and then turned it down when luck was going to retire. 

We aren't even close to the East Coast and nothing like the East Coast. Having said that he does like the West Coast.

No   to inconsistent.   I think Irsay has spoken and the other 2 are trying to figure out how to change his mind.  I'm guessing Ballard would rather keep him and put some weapons around him and Frank wants him for sure.   

In the end there won't be a better option and he will be traded for draft picks or a player and maybe not even another QB.

Or cut

I think Irsay wins this battle  

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We aren't even close to the East Coast and nothing like the East Coast. Having said that he does like the West Coast.

We aren’t even close to the East Coast? That’s news to me. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We aren't. We are Mid West. I have never heard anyone say we are East Coast or close to it. Look at the Map. Hell we are 692.5 Miles from NY. Approximate time 12 hours flat to drive there with no stops.

I’m not saying Indiana is east coast. I’m saying we’re close to it. Which you said weren’t not. So it is what it is. We are closer to the east coast than we are to the west coast but I don’t need to get out a map to show you or anyone that. 

5 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I’m not saying Indiana is east coast. I’m saying we’re close to it. Which you said weren’t not. So it is what it is. We are closer to the east coast than we are to the west coast but I don’t need to get out a map to show you or anyone that. 

Last word on this for me and you can respond but we are not close to the East Coast. Close would be Illinois or Kentucky from Indianapolis. No big deal. Of course we are closer to NY than California if we wanted to get technical about it. Good thing is Russ said he wanted no part of the East Coast which we aren't. I guess some of the media saying he wanted to play for Washington look silly right? 

3 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Lol.  Wow. 

4 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I was born in 1962 so I was as close to 1900 as I am to 2022

I think.

Weird HUH?

Archived