Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Carson be a Colt on March 19th, 2022? Predictions!

Smonroe

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

As a fan, what I’m now hoping to avoid is a decision made under enormous pressure that ends up as a bad mistake.  A decision that we normally wouldn’t make.   

Just because we have a big need, doesn’t mean the solution is obvious.   I think we can be competitive with an improved roster.  And try for our future QB next year. 

preach brother preach 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what will happen is they will give him one more year, but bring in a guy like Minshew or Nick Foles to create competition.  They also need a playmaker at WR and TE.  Would make a huge difference.  But i think it is unfair to take a guy who has little training camp, played with injuries, had O-Line beat up for like first 4-5 games, in his first year, and expect a Super Bowl run.  Sure, I would take Luck over him any day.  But if they cut/trade Wentz and sign a guy like Bridgewater or Trubisky, we are toast.

2 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

I think what will happen is they will give him one more year, but bring in a guy like Minshew or Nick Foles to create competition.  They also need a playmaker at WR and TE.  Would make a huge difference.  But i think it is unfair to take a guy who has little training camp, played with injuries, had O-Line beat up for like first 4-5 games, in his first year, and expect a Super Bowl run.  Sure, I would take Luck over him any day.  But if they cut/trade Wentz and sign a guy like Bridgewater or Trubisky, we are toast.

I agree WITHOUT the bringing in a vet backup.    Either give him the team this yr or cut him.   He doesn't need to have someone breathing down his shoulders.

He may very well turn out to be everything Frank dreamed he would.  

But to give up after on season. IDK  not me 

On 3/5/2022 at 3:34 PM, jvan1973 said:

You are basing this opinion on things posted on Twitter.    Jim is an intelligent person.    They aren't going to dump Wentz if they can't get someone better. 

Next lets see if they get in Mariota

On 3/8/2022 at 4:55 PM, Four2itus said:

For future reference....these were the "yes" votes...

Scott Pennock

Four2itus

ColtsSouljah 

Mr. Irrelevant

Dingus McGirt

pgt_rob

ThePowerslave

csmopar

Jered Cisneros

John Hammonds

The Next Gm

Steel Dragon

Lifetime Colt

compuls1v3

bravo4460

Barry Sears

Joecolts

And the No votes?

2 hours ago, Archer said:

You gotta admit - I nailed it with my secondary guess!!!

If I were ambitious, I'd tally up the score.  I'd say it was pretty close to 50/50.  You're on the losing side.

(I started out by saying No, but I may have weaseled out a Yes sometime during this ordeal.  I'm too lazy to go back and check.)

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

If I were ambitious, I'd tally up the score.  I'd say it was pretty close to 50/50.  You're on the losing side.

(I started out by saying No, but I may have weaseled out a Yes sometime during this ordeal.  I'm too lazy to go back and check.)

Yeah, I said “I’ll believe it when I see it” when it came to dumping or trading Wentz.  The teams potentially willing to take him at that salary seemed to be a small pool.  But last year we were the greater fool, and this year it’s the Redsk…I mean, the Commanders.  Much better of a trade scenario than I thought possible.  That’s why I was wrrrrrrrwrrr…I was wrrwrrrwrrrrwrrrr…I was less right than most of you.

2 hours ago, PeytsBlocker said:

Glad I was wrong. I really didn't think any team would be willing to give up anything for Carson Wentz. 

Yeah, people on this forum got it into their heads that CW was worthless.  He played at an acceptable level this season.

I said in several of these discussions that Carson was going to be valued higher than many on this board and the Colts brass value him.  There is obviously something else going on.

I think WASH and presumably other teams recogized the difficult situation CW was in.  Terrible pass pro, limited weapons, injury, etc. 

I mean he had a much better year this year than last year an last year was worth a 1st and 3rd. 

I'm not at all sad he's gone though as long as we don't do something else stupid.  I hope I'm wrong, but I think that giving up anything other than modest salary for our QB next year would be the final nail in the coffin for a failed regime. If we give up say what it would take to get a Carr in picks and salary, I don't see how we staff the team with enough talent to be very good.

I actually hope they just go with Lil Sam and earn a top 5 or 10 pick and get their guy next year.

Mariota is someone else I wouldn't mind them getting and that we'd have a chance to be competitive if he flourished.   I think we might be able to zone read ourselves to a much more effective offense. 

13 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Yeah, people on this forum got it into their heads that CW was worthless.  He played at an acceptable level this season.

I said in several of these discussions that Carson was going to be valued higher than many on this board and the Colts brass value him.  There is obviously something else going on.

I think WASH and presumably other teams recogized the difficult situation CW was in.  Terrible pass pro, limited weapons, injury, etc. 

I mean he had a much better year this year than last year an last year was worth a 1st and 3rd. 

I'm not at all sad he's gone though as long as we don't do something else stupid.  I hope I'm wrong, but I think that giving up anything other than modest salary for our QB next year would be the final nail in the coffin for a failed regime. If we give up say what it would take to get a Carr in picks and salary, I don't see how we staff the team with enough talent to be very good.

I actually hope they just go with Lil Sam and earn a top 5 or 10 pick and get their guy next year.

Mariota is someone else I wouldn't mind them getting and that we'd have a chance to be competitive if he flourished.   I think we might be able to zone read ourselves to a much more effective offense. 

Irsay is not going to throw away a season with Lil Sam.  Empty seats at Lucas Oil.  That’s what he wants to see. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

Irsay is not going to throw away a season with Lil Sam.  Empty seats at Lucas Oil.  That’s what he wants to see. 

I know.   I just wish we would.  We need to recover from a few of these bad decisions or we could really be putting ourselves in bad spot IMO.

Jim gets a lot of credit as an owner for simply being lucky by having Manning then Luck.  He is obviously passionate, but I'm not sure that is an asset when trying to build a football team.  I'd rather have a cold, calculating business type as the head of the franchise. Someone who knows when it's time to cut losses and move on.

The franchise is 57-56 since our last division title in 2014 with 2 playoff appearances in 7 seasons with one win.  That is pretty dismal.  Since 2015, only DET, MIA, LV, WASH, NYJ, CHI, and NYG have won less playoff games.  That is pretty dismal especially considering the relative weakness of our division which has only 8 Total playoff wins since then, and it's division champs have averaged only 10 wins per season.  That's the champs average over that time.

We have been just good enough to not suck enough to get high draft choices.  We have been stuck in purgatory for a while and I personally don't see a lot of light right now getting out of this cycle. 

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

To your comment about the possible empty seats…..

That’s one of my concerns.   I think Irsay fears that without making a big splash type of deal for a name quarterback,  the 2022 Colts could be playing their games in front of 50,000 fans and not the usual 66,000 + fans.  

I hope we don’t make a big decision over short-term money issues. 

Archived