Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Don’t Have Very Good Players/Who should go? (merge)

Nickster

9 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

Everyone's been high and mighty on Dulin and Patmon but they just... don't do anything.  I think it's bias due to them being on the team and more visible, sorta like how we have so many pro bowl players probably because of Hard Knocks.

Everybody loving Patmon has always really confused me. Dulin too. Also, spot on about the pro bowlers. We have like 2 true probowlers tops. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Here are the Colts that need to be voted off the island:

1. Eric Fisher

2. Jack Doyle

3. Allie Cockss 

4. TY (love you man, it’s over though)

5. Turay

6. Xavier Rhodes

7. Ben Banogu

8. Brian Baker 

Who did I miss. 

Not a bad list but I think MAC is a good #2 TE, we just need an actual #1. Fisher looked terrible but decent tackles don't grow on trees so it would depend on who replaces him. I've been more disappointed with our safety play, I think Willis and even Blackmon had struggles in coverage that hurt us every game and an upgrade is needed for one of them. 

28 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Dulin, Pascal, Patmon. These three are probably the worst receivers in the league

17 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

Everyone's been high and mighty on Dulin and Patmon but they just... don't do anything.  I think it's bias due to them being on the team and more visible, sorta like how we have so many pro bowl players probably because of Hard Knocks.

Dulin is not on the team because he's a stud WR, he's on the team because he's one of the best special teams players in all of football....

2 minutes ago, DeepseaColt said:

Not a bad list but I think MAC is a good #2 TE, we just need an actual #1. Fisher looked terrible but decent tackles don't grow on trees so it would depend on who replaces him. I've been more disappointed with our safety play, I think Willis and even Blackmon had struggles in coverage that hurt us every game and an upgrade is needed for one of them. 

I’ve been high on Willis. He was pretty bad all year though. 

-Willis need to be moved to play ROLB when we are in a 46 style defense, and we need a hybrid SS to replace him.

-Fisher needs to be replaced or 1 more year

-Possibly trade Ryan Kelly 

- Resign either Reed or Glow on prove it deals for RG, Fries as backup

- resign TY on vet min, or let him retire

-pascal needs to go he cant get open, and when he does wentz misses

-hines needs to be a lot more involved in the gameplans or he needs to take a pay cut

- im okay with keeping doyle, he is one of the best blocking TE in the league

- outside of 51 and 54 let all the ends walk

- Grove and 99 need exterior pressure to help with the double teams

- We need to add a run thumping LBer that isn't 44 or 49

- 34 is probably our best corner, 23 might be playing injured, Rhodes needs to hit the Road.

- resign 26 on fair deal, or let walk

Just now, Nickster said:

Maybe but the oline was a sieve today.

yeah sure they didn't play their best game, but at the end of the day Wentz missed open guys, or simply didn't throw to the open man. It's pretty easy to see, especially on the interception to their linebacker. Taylor and hines were both open in opposing flats. Most QBs just throw the checkdown, but 2sprainz throws it to the defender. 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

yeah sure they didn't play their best game, but at the end of the day Wentz missed open guys, or simply didn't throw to the open man. It's pretty easy to see, especially on the interception to their linebacker. Taylor and hines were both open in opposing flats. Most QBs just throw the checkdown, but 2sprainz throws it to the defender. 

Oh agreed.  The flats are there with the JT threat.  We would have been a much better team had Rivers decided (or was given the option) to play.

quick throws to the flats and under to the TEs and Pitt.  Wish we could have seen it.

8 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

-Willis need to be moved to play ROLB when we are in a 46 style defense, and we need a hybrid SS to replace him.

-hines needs to be a lot more involved in the gameplans or he needs to take a pay cut

- 34 is probably our best corner, 23 might be playing injured, Rhodes needs to hit the Road.

Agree on just about everything here 

9 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Oh agreed.  The flats are there with the JT threat.  We would have been a much better team had Rivers decided (or was given the option) to play.

quick throws to the flats and under to the TEs and Pitt.  Wish we could have seen it.

yes and i guess i was wrong, a "mobile" QB isn't always enough, I think that Rivers would've done it this year. And I was one of the biggest anti-rivers people mainly due to his lack of mobility and arm strength. just goes to show that you can be wrong, and very wrong. 

im hoping the management of the colts realizes their mistakes and makes a change at QB and playcaller. I do like Frank as a leader, just not as a playcaller. 

Maybe people really underestimated the value that Siriani provided here. 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Most of them will be gone. Baker really needs to go. He has done nothing with this pass rush.

Add Eberflus and Marcus Brady to that list.m

If we change dline coach I would probably bring Turay back on a one year price it deal.

Doesn't Reich call the plays? Why is anything Marcus Brady's fault then? 

1 hour ago, ojsglove said:

Ok then you tell me how you can play 2 games in a row, needing 1 to make it to the post season?

Sure,  a team with no heart starts laying down after an 0-3 start.  A team with no heart fades against ARZ when they clearly had every excuse to lose.  

So unless you can show me where you were questioning their heart 2 weeks ago I stand by my OP.  That’s not to say that the end of season collapse was ok because it obviously wasn’t.  But I don’t think heart has anything to do with it.  

1 hour ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Was saying this months ago but this is a homer’s board. Be careful speaking truth.

Well this is a fan board so I’m not sure of the point.  Truth is fine.  I don’t post often but follow all the time.  Most of what I see is people getting over emotional.  Wanting to throw the baby out with the bath water everytime things don’t go our way does not equate to truth.  

2 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Here are the Colts that need to be voted off the island:

1. Eric Fisher

2. Jack Doyle

3. Allie Cockss 

4. TY (love you man, it’s over though)

5. Turay

6. Xavier Rhodes

7. Ben Banogu

8. Brian Baker 

Who did I miss. 

Carson Wentz, Frank Reich

2 hours ago, colts89 said:

I still think Jack Doyle is good. He's just not #1 TE good. Teams do need multiple of those guys and hes a good run blocker.

Fisher played like garbage today, but its easier said then done in replacing him with a better OT

Agreed about Doyle. If he retires, fine. But why get rid of him otherwise? He’d be a good #2

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

Trading Kelly is something I never thought of, but the more I think about it........

58 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

Well this is a fan board so I’m not sure of the point.  Truth is fine.  I don’t post often but follow all the time.  Most of what I see is people getting over emotional.  Wanting to throw the baby out with the bath water everytime things don’t go our way does not equate to truth.  

Do you think an NFL team being inadequate at QB, WR, TE, CB and no pass rushers is acceptable after having the amount of time Ballard has had? Add in they don’t have a 1st and 3rd now and a significant chunk of cap space tied up because Reich wanted Wentz? This is a clown show.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Nope.  The Steelers have better players.

Their one dlineman actually sacks the QB and makes other impact plays, especially at critical times.  The other fat guys stop the run and at least harrass the QB.

Their Safeties, which include Minkah Fitzpatrick, are not better than Willis, Sandejo, and Odum?

Their corners are not better than Rodgers and Rhodes and Moore?

What does it take to get better WRs than Pittman and Pascal?

Friermuth or Doyle MAC?

Wentz or Ben?

And Najee Harris is at least as good as JT, if not better.  He's tougher to bring down.  Not as fast but seems to have other RB qualities that JT has not shown as much of.

Goes to show how little a big investment in an oline matters in the grand scheme of things.  Ben compensates for it when he needs to, apparently.

The Steelers good players actually show up and make plays when it matters.  You can see the players do it on the field.

Harris is not as good as JT stop it

4 hours ago, Flash7 said:

1. People will say that we have the most amount of Pro Bowlers of any team without acknowledging that it’s a popularity contest. And it just so coincidentally happens that the team on the first ever in-season of Hard Knocks has a lot of pro bowl votes. It means nothing as far as talent evaluation of a team.

2. The most important position in football is QB. We have a QB that’s erratic. He has the ability to play well but he too often makes boneheaded, game losing decisions. 

3. Every preseason we are fooled into thinking we have a stacked WR group. Then the season starts and we realize we really just have 1 guy and a bunch of 4ths stringers pushed into playing positions.

4. We have absolutely zero pass rush.

But we have a heck of a Left Guard!

Excellent post.

I live in western Pa. and have listened to Pittsburgh media coverage of the steelers all season. At times they were hysterical in their coverage of how bad that team really is. At one point Merrill Hoge( you people should know who he is from his work on bspn) said, "maybe the jest and the jags are the only 2 teams with worse offensive lines than the steelers"). They absolutely abuse the linebackers. Bush, Spillane,Johnson jr, any of them, just last week one guy said, "they are just throwing things at the wall to see if anything sticks". And no, Tremaine Edmonds, James Pierre, Arthur Maulet, Justin Layne, Courtland Sutland, and anyone else the steelers throw out there are not better than the guys we have. These media guys were hilarious all last week after the Browns game because the Browns, with their powerful running attack, put in a game plan where their injured qb dropped back to pass 49 times and the browns only ran the ball 20 times(huh). One more thing, historically, steeler media don't say anything negative about the team, these past few seasons I think their conscious is starting to get to them. Fact is the Colts have won a grand total of 3 games against the steelers these past 48 years, this year the steelers got the best of the Colts again and didn't even have to play them. steelers are in the playoffs(hahahahaha) and the Colts are sitting at home. Anyone who thinks the steelers have a better team than  the Colts are just wrong. The steelers were down big to the vikings, couldn't beat the lions, squeaked past Seattle(without Russell Wilson) and needed an absolutely ridiculous call from the refs to save the game). Barely beat the bears. Came back and beat the titans because the titans put the ball on the ground 4 times in the second half. Got crushed by the bengals twice(and weren't even competitive either game. Beat the Ravens by 1 point and 3(a team we were up by 19 and for some reason stopped playing defense and ended up losing) The steelers finished 9-7-1 and needed lots of help from the refs and opponents along the way to get there. Bottom line, the steelers suck, if that steeler roster were the Colts roster we would have went 3-14 this year. If anyone has been a Colt fan for just 5 years(any 5 years of their life) these past 48 years you should know you are going to be disappointed more times than not, it's just the way it is. Gm's change, coaches change, players change, but the results remain the same. Jim Irsay has done a great job, because at least we are not the jest, lions, jags, any of those historic bottom feeders(like we used to be). This has been a long post, but I had to respond to Mr. Dews comment that the steelers are a better team and they clearly are not. Thank you.

As usual, the majority of colt folk will give ballard a pass.   Cant figure it out.  Do you believe his smooth talking nonsense or do you just think hes cute? Hes done nothing for 5 yrs.  A worse product now than when he began.  But so many believe his *ic mantra of 'build thru the draft'.  What garbage.   Get his * out now.

1 hour ago, azguy7 said:

As usual, the majority of colt folk will give ballard a pass.   Cant figure it out.  Do you believe his smooth talking nonsense or do you just think hes cute? Hes done nothing for 5 yrs.  A worse product now than when he began.  But so many believe his *ic mantra of 'build thru the draft'.  What garbage.   Get his * out now.

Ballard's biggest problem is that he's scared to draft a QB. He openly admitted in an interview a year or two ago that he was aware if he drafted a QB in the 1st round and got it wrong, he knew he could be gone. That has ruined us for the future, among other things.

6 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Do you think an NFL team being inadequate at QB, WR, TE, CB and no pass rushers is acceptable after having the amount of time Ballard has had? Add in they don’t have a 1st and 3rd now and a significant chunk of cap space tied up because Reich wanted Wentz? This is a clown show.

Your other posts indicate that you seem to have a hate for Frank and Wentz as people.  

The truth is that going into the offseason, the only viable QB on the roster was Jacob Eason, so relying upon finding a starting QB in the draft would have been stupid.  Both Ballard and Frank wanted to sign a vet.

And the truth is that both Ballard and Frank wanted Stafford first.  Then both wanted Wentz over Dalton, Trubisky, and Foles..

2 hours ago, Two_pound said:

I live in western Pa. and have listened to Pittsburgh media coverage of the steelers all season. At times they were hysterical in their coverage of how bad that team really is. At one point Merrill Hoge( you people should know who he is from his work on bspn) said, "maybe the jest and the jags are the only 2 teams with worse offensive lines than the steelers"). They absolutely abuse the linebackers. Bush, Spillane,Johnson jr, any of them, just last week one guy said, "they are just throwing things at the wall to see if anything sticks". And no, Tremaine Edmonds, James Pierre, Arthur Maulet, Justin Layne, Courtland Sutland, and anyone else the steelers throw out there are not better than the guys we have. These media guys were hilarious all last week after the Browns game because the Browns, with their powerful running attack, put in a game plan where their injured qb dropped back to pass 49 times and the browns only ran the ball 20 times(huh). One more thing, historically, steeler media don't say anything negative about the team, these past few seasons I think their conscious is starting to get to them. Fact is the Colts have won a grand total of 3 games against the steelers these past 48 years, this year the steelers got the best of the Colts again and didn't even have to play them. steelers are in the playoffs(hahahahaha) and the Colts are sitting at home. Anyone who thinks the steelers have a better team than  the Colts are just wrong. The steelers were down big to the vikings, couldn't beat the lions, squeaked past Seattle(without Russell Wilson) and needed an absolutely ridiculous call from the refs to save the game). Barely beat the bears. Came back and beat the titans because the titans put the ball on the ground 4 times in the second half. Got crushed by the bengals twice(and weren't even competitive either game. Beat the Ravens by 1 point and 3(a team we were up by 19 and for some reason stopped playing defense and ended up losing) The steelers finished 9-7-1 and needed lots of help from the refs and opponents along the way to get there. Bottom line, the steelers suck, if that steeler roster were the Colts roster we would have went 3-14 this year. If anyone has been a Colt fan for just 5 years(any 5 years of their life) these past 48 years you should know you are going to be disappointed more times than not, it's just the way it is. Gm's change, coaches change, players change, but the results remain the same. Jim Irsay has done a great job, because at least we are not the jest, lions, jags, any of those historic bottom feeders(like we used to be). This has been a long post, but I had to respond to Mr. Dews comment that the steelers are a better team and they clearly are not. Thank you.

The Colts being better than the Steelers at only G and ILB kinda makes the OPs point. 

TJ Watt is one of the most disruptive defensive players in the NFL.  (Wasn't he in the MVP discussion?) And Minkah Fitzpatrick one of the better secondary players in the NFL.  Najee Harris can get tough yards on his own, without needing a hole in the middle of the line.  IOW, how good the oline is, is less relevant to Harris than it is JT.  

Which RB runs more like Marshawn Lynch and which one runs more like a bigger Donald Brown?

One team barely got into the playoffs, and the other barely lost out.  We lost to the Jags, they tied the Lions.  Pretty close.

The difference is that their stars show up and make big plays when it matters....because their stars are playing positions that matter.  Pittsburgh's talent is distributed better, and that matters a lot.

• Nadine changed the title to We Don’t Have Very Good Players/Who should go? (merge)
9 hours ago, tvturner said:

4 years ago we picked Quenton and everyone loved it because it finally kept Luck upright

Fast forward to now and people are bashing him because we have an erratic QB under center and that's somehow his fault?

Obviously they need a WR, an edge, and a LT but none of that matters if the guy in control can't do the job. This team's roster starts with QB and the QB they picked didn't get it done.

Andrew did it.

Philip did it.

Carson could not.

No one I see here is bashing him they are just saying guards by themselves can’t take over and win games .    Which is true people are bashing Ballard for ignoring weapons on offense and missing badly on like 6 defensive ends .   

I mean, this list is pretty sad when you think about free agent players to keep. Keep Muhammad and Reed and that's it? Turay maybe? 

Can you find a better CB than Rhodes? 

200.gif

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/01/10/colts-free-agents-2022-28-have-expiring-contracts/9085033002/

Eric Fisher, left tackle 

The 31-year-old got a late start to the 2021 season as he recovered from an Achilles injury. He started 15 games but missed some time late due to injury. He might retire. 2021 salary: $8.38 million.

T.Y. Hilton, wide receiver 

The 32-year-old just finished his 10th season with the Colts, and it has been his least productive because of injuries. He had 23 receptions for 331 yards and 3 touchdowns. He might retire. 2021 salary: $8 million.

Mark Glowinski, right guard 

The 29-year-old has started most of his four seasons with the Colts. He missed some time in the middle of the 2021 season because of injury. 2021 salary: $5.4 million.

Xavier Rhodes, cornerback 

Injuries have interrupted his second season with the Colts. The 31-year-old had 39 tackles and 1 interception in 13 games. 2021 salary: $4.7 million.

Mo Alie-Cox, tight end 

The college basketball player-turned-tight end is an able receiver and blocker. The 28-year-old had 24 catches for 316 yards and 4 touchdowns in 2021. 2021 salary: $3.38 million.

Zach Pascal, wide receiver 

The 27-year-old has had similar production each of the past three seasons. In 2021, he had 38 catches for 384 yards and 3 touchdowns. 2021 salary: $3.38 million.

Al-Quadin Muhammad, defensive end 

He doesn't get nearly the attention of DeForest Buckner, but the 26-year-old starter has gotten to opposing quarterbacks more in 2021. He had career highs with 47 tackles, 12 quarterback hits and 6 sacks. 2021 salary: $2.9 million.

Sam Tevi, tackle 

The 27-year-old battled for a spot in training camp but did not appear in a game after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament. 2021 salary: $2.5 million.

Isaac Rochell, defensive end 

The 26-year-old was a backup, appearing in 12 games. 2021 salary: $2.5 million.

George Odum, safety 

He has been a special teams ace who stepped up in 2021 when the defensive backfield struggled with injuries. The 28-year-old had a career-high 55 tackles and 1 interception. 2021 salary: $2.13 million.

T.J. Carrie, cornerback 

The 31-year-old was limited to 11 games because of injury. 2021 salary: $2.09 million.

Marlon Mack, running back 

The development of Jonathan Taylor prevented a comeback story for the 25-year-old who missed almost all of 2020 due to injury. He was inactive several times in 2021. 2021 salary: $2 million. 

Kemoko Turay, defensive end 

Staying healthy has been a challenge for the 26-year-old pass rusher, though he notched a career-high 5.5 sacks in 2021. 2021 salary: $1.3 million.

Julie'n Davenport, offensive lineman 

The 27-year-old started four games early in the 2021 season, but he spent much of the second half of the season inactive. 2021 salary: $1.12 million.

Chris Reed, offensive lineman 

The 29-year-old has filled in ably at more than one position when necessary in 2021. 2021 salary: $1.12 million.

Tyquan Lewis, defensive tackle 

Injuries have cut short his 2021 season, as they have many others. He had 2.5 sacks and 1 interception. 2021 salary: $1.09 million.

Andrew Sendejo, safety 

The Colts signed Sendejo off the street early in the 2021 season when injuries were battering the defensive backfield. The 34-year-old started 12 games and was in on 40 tackles. 2021 salary: $1.07 million.

Antwaun Woods, defensive tackle 

Injuries limited the 29-year-old's season to seven games. 2021 salary: $920,000.

Michael Badgley, place-kicker 

Badgley filled in for an injured Rodrigo Blankenship and held the job the rest of the season. He made 18-of-22 field goals and 40-of-41 PATs. His longest make was 46 yards. 2021 salary: $920,000.

Taylor Stallworth, defensive tackle 

A less-heralded player than most on the Colts' D-line, the 26-year-old had career highs in tackles (16), quarterback hits (12) and sacks (3). 2021 salary: $835,000. 

Nick Nelson, cornerback 

He did not appear in a 2021 game. 2021 salary: $780,000. He is an exclusive restricted free agent.

3 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I mean, this list is pretty sad when you think about free agent players to keep. Keep Muhammad and Reed and that's it? Turay maybe? 

Can you find a better CB than Rhodes? 

200.gif

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/01/10/colts-free-agents-2022-28-have-expiring-contracts/9085033002/

Eric Fisher, left tackle 

The 31-year-old got a late start to the 2021 season as he recovered from an Achilles injury. He started 15 games but missed some time late due to injury. He might retire. 2021 salary: $8.38 million.

T.Y. Hilton, wide receiver 

The 32-year-old just finished his 10th season with the Colts, and it has been his least productive because of injuries. He had 23 receptions for 331 yards and 3 touchdowns. He might retire. 2021 salary: $8 million.

Mark Glowinski, right guard 

The 29-year-old has started most of his four seasons with the Colts. He missed some time in the middle of the 2021 season because of injury. 2021 salary: $5.4 million.

Xavier Rhodes, cornerback 

Injuries have interrupted his second season with the Colts. The 31-year-old had 39 tackles and 1 interception in 13 games. 2021 salary: $4.7 million.

Mo Alie-Cox, tight end 

The college basketball player-turned-tight end is an able receiver and blocker. The 28-year-old had 24 catches for 316 yards and 4 touchdowns in 2021. 2021 salary: $3.38 million.

Zach Pascal, wide receiver 

The 27-year-old has had similar production each of the past three seasons. In 2021, he had 38 catches for 384 yards and 3 touchdowns. 2021 salary: $3.38 million.

Al-Quadin Muhammad, defensive end 

He doesn't get nearly the attention of DeForest Buckner, but the 26-year-old starter has gotten to opposing quarterbacks more in 2021. He had career highs with 47 tackles, 12 quarterback hits and 6 sacks. 2021 salary: $2.9 million.

Sam Tevi, tackle 

The 27-year-old battled for a spot in training camp but did not appear in a game after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament. 2021 salary: $2.5 million.

Isaac Rochell, defensive end 

The 26-year-old was a backup, appearing in 12 games. 2021 salary: $2.5 million.

George Odum, safety 

He has been a special teams ace who stepped up in 2021 when the defensive backfield struggled with injuries. The 28-year-old had a career-high 55 tackles and 1 interception. 2021 salary: $2.13 million.

T.J. Carrie, cornerback 

The 31-year-old was limited to 11 games because of injury. 2021 salary: $2.09 million.

Marlon Mack, running back 

The development of Jonathan Taylor prevented a comeback story for the 25-year-old who missed almost all of 2020 due to injury. He was inactive several times in 2021. 2021 salary: $2 million. 

Kemoko Turay, defensive end 

Staying healthy has been a challenge for the 26-year-old pass rusher, though he notched a career-high 5.5 sacks in 2021. 2021 salary: $1.3 million.

Julie'n Davenport, offensive lineman 

The 27-year-old started four games early in the 2021 season, but he spent much of the second half of the season inactive. 2021 salary: $1.12 million.

Chris Reed, offensive lineman 

The 29-year-old has filled in ably at more than one position when necessary in 2021. 2021 salary: $1.12 million.

Tyquan Lewis, defensive tackle 

Injuries have cut short his 2021 season, as they have many others. He had 2.5 sacks and 1 interception. 2021 salary: $1.09 million.

Andrew Sendejo, safety 

The Colts signed Sendejo off the street early in the 2021 season when injuries were battering the defensive backfield. The 34-year-old started 12 games and was in on 40 tackles. 2021 salary: $1.07 million.

Antwaun Woods, defensive tackle 

Injuries limited the 29-year-old's season to seven games. 2021 salary: $920,000.

Michael Badgley, place-kicker 

Badgley filled in for an injured Rodrigo Blankenship and held the job the rest of the season. He made 18-of-22 field goals and 40-of-41 PATs. His longest make was 46 yards. 2021 salary: $920,000.

Taylor Stallworth, defensive tackle 

A less-heralded player than most on the Colts' D-line, the 26-year-old had career highs in tackles (16), quarterback hits (12) and sacks (3). 2021 salary: $835,000. 

Nick Nelson, cornerback 

He did not appear in a 2021 game. 2021 salary: $780,000. He is an exclusive restricted free agent.

If we keep Glow, Reed, and Odum at their current prices and let everybody else go....it saves $43.11 Million. 

Their replacements would have to be signed or drafted, but golly that seems like a lot of money wasted this year....

Then there is Hines at $6M and Grover at what, $10M?   Nearly $60M.

With Pinter, I doubt that we need to keep both Gs.  If Fisher signs for $9M, that's still a lot of money saved.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Your other posts indicate that you seem to have a hate for Frank and Wentz as people.  

The truth is that going into the offseason, the only viable QB on the roster was Jacob Eason, so relying upon finding a starting QB in the draft would have been stupid.  Both Ballard and Frank wanted to sign a vet.

And the truth is that both Ballard and Frank wanted Stafford first.  Then both wanted Wentz over Dalton, Trubisky, and Foles..

I can’t blame them for wanting wentz what I can blame was the price no other team bid on him . If he held firm we could of gotten him for a third only . A Qb who was the worst in 2020 who has a massive injury history problem . It was to much 

16 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If we keep Glow, Reed, and Odum at their current prices and let everybody else go....it saves $43.11 Million. 

Their replacements would have to be signed or drafted, but golly that seems like a lot of money wasted this year....

Then there is Hines at $6M and Grover at what, $10M?   Nearly $60M.

With Pinter, I doubt that we need to keep both Gs.  If Fisher signs for $9M, that's still a lot of money saved.

Glow has been horrible this year Grover is overrated guy is getting non stop one ons with guards and can’t get pressures or sacks . Run stopping Dt are cheap not ten million a year that is for guys who can get pressure . Hines is over payed he is like a 200 yard back with 300 passing yards not worth top ten money for a backup .

12 hours ago, Nickster said:

In positions that matter.  That’s the bottom line.  Some of us have been saying this for a while.

Yep

We have no FS on the field (I question if we have one on the team) and no pass rush........ 

I'm amazed that OCs didn't hit us every game with that...... Its a "nose on face" OBVIOUS issue

We need an additional FA PR DE, and a FS, for next year

It will help our defense dramatically

We have one viable receiver, who isnt really open........ We need a TE threat and a WR threat,,,,, next year

It will help our offense dramatically

This is the year to be a BIT more aggressive in FA

Or...... we will have a middle of the pack team again next year

Anybody see Freiermuth convert like 3-4 1st downs yesterday in a must-win for PIT to get to the playoffs?

Still irks me that they passed on him, especially with the way Wentz used his TEs in PHI. He was about as plug and play as a rookie TE gets...and he would have fit perfectly in the locker room.

Not to mention his rookie stats would have him as the second-most productive pass catcher on this team. And developing that TE/QB rapport might actually really help/save Wentz.

But they drafted a DE with a torn Achilles instead and then ended up over-drafting some H-back (who "fits" the offense) with their next pick anyways. 

Based on this mentality, people hoping for the Colts to add a few weapons this offseason are likely going to be pretty disappointed.

12 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Yep

We have no FS on the field (I question if we have one on the team) and no pass rush........ 

I'm amazed that OCs didn't hit us every game with that...... Its a "nose on face" OBVIOUS issue

We need an additional FA PR DE, and a FS, for next year

It will help our defense dramatically

We have one viable receiver, who isnt really open........ We need a TE threat and a WR threat,,,,, next year

It will help our offense dramatically

This is the year to be a BIT more aggressive in FA

Or...... we will have a middle of the pack team again next year

Colts have a SS masquerading as as FS. And he's coming back from a torn Achilles. 

I think we will very like see a vet FS brought in this offseason. 

Archived