Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville at Indianapolis

indyagent17

As usual this will be a tough divisional contest they usually play us very hard. They basically hung a zero in Buffalo today as they kept them at the end zone. This will be a huge game as we can reach the .500 mark. 

We will have to put serious pressure on Lawrence because of our depleted secondary. 

I feel the Colts will win but it may not be easy 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think today was more of an indictment on Buffalo seemingly losing their mojo. They struggled with the Phins last weeks as well. If we cant beat the Jags and beat them soundly we dont deserve playoffs. Hopefully the Bills keep up their poor play going into their game against us as well.

47 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I think today was more of an indictment on Buffalo seemingly losing their mojo. They struggled with the Phins last weeks as well. If we cant beat the Jags and beat them soundly we dont deserve playoffs. Hopefully the Bills keep up their poor play going into their game against us as well.

We always have had problems with them. Havent won in Jax since 2014. And even 2006 we lost to them. In 2011, they are the only divisional team we couldnt beat. Basically I am just saying the Jags have our number for some reason, so it isnt beating them soundly. But looking competent and winning. (Soundly to me would mean a 15+ game win)

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Anyone else think the Bills are slipping? They werent even that good vs the dolphins the week prior. We could be catching them at a good time.

It's a combo of Josh Allen regressing a bit, OL and they don't have a run game.

4 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

We always have had problems with them. Havent won in Jax since 2014. And even 2006 we lost to them. In 2011, they are the only divisional team we couldnt beat. Basically I am just saying the Jags have our number for some reason, so it isnt beating them soundly. But looking competent and winning. (Soundly to me would mean a 15+ game win)

i agree the jags have our number, they are on an uptrend with a rookie qb and ballards build through the draft method has us heading to the bottom of our division, jags will beat us twice

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

We are not getting any help as the Rams lost to the Titans with back to back pick sixes by the Titans the first of which was a duplicate of the endzone INT by Wentz last week.

I wasn't expecting much help titans will probably win Afc. Ravens a close second. Patriots may even win division if bills fail to get it together

11 hours ago, CR91 said:

Anyone else think the Bills are slipping? They werent even that good vs the dolphins the week prior. We could be catching them at a good time.

I don't think so. I think it more of an outlier road game, where JAC seemed to be getting pressure all game as well. 

They have a tune-up against the NYJ and then the Colts come to BUF. That is going to be a huge challenge.

19 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I don't think so. I think it more of an outlier road game, where JAC seemed to be getting pressure all game as well. 

They have a tune-up against the NYJ and then the Colts come to BUF. That is going to be a huge challenge.

It reminded me of the game where we lost to Cody Kessler and the Jags, 6-0 with several failed fourth downs instead of taking FGs (a harbinger of things to come with Frank) on behalf of a Luck led offense. 

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It reminded me of the game where we lost to Cody Kessler and the Jags, 6-0 with several failed fourth downs instead of taking FGs (a harbinger of things to come with Frank) on behalf of a Luck led offense. 

Really good comp. Colts didn't lose again until the Divisional round after that weird JAC game...beating HOU x2 and DAL.

I am guessing we are going to see a very motivated BUF team. They now let NE get within a game of the divisional lead...and have a lot of work to do to get that HFA for the first couple of weeks.

16 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Colts have two things going against them. Lawerence mobility and his arm with our bad secondary. Thinking we will get pressure is pie in the sky. We haven’t done it this season. Isn’t happening last 8 games.

I thought Lawrence got hurt ? He will be limping on a sprained ankle. After twisting his ankle the jags offense looked bad 

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He came back in and finished the game. He seems to be fine. We will see if he has a sprained ankle hurting his play.

I know he came back but the offense looked horrible after . 9 points is really bad even wentz with two sprains put up 16 points on a better defense . I’m not buying the Lawrence hype yet he doesn’t look like a once in a generation guy yet . Next year I’ll start to worry 

14 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I don't want to say it really, but have we really missed him?

Not one bit

14 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Colts seem fine his replacement hasn’t missed a kick yet .

Agreed, however I would like To see this new kid kick a big one. Maybe a 55 yarder or a game tying/winner before we anoint him. Either way I think the ice under blankenships feet is very thin. 

I find it amazing how many of you are laughing off this game. How many times have we lost to them and it hurt us last season making Minshew look like a pro bowler. I am pretty sure the Colts will win but we have looked bad against them over the years. I’m sure Reich is not laughing at this team 

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Really good comp. Colts didn't lose again until the Divisional round after that weird JAC game...beating HOU x2 and DAL.

I am guessing we are going to see a very motivated BUF team. They now let NE get within a game of the divisional lead...and have a lot of work to do to get that HFA for the first couple of weeks.

They might be motivated but they have zero run game.  Totally a passing team now.  If they were smart they would sign Wilkins.  I didn’t read where anyone signed him.  They just have to be looking for running back help.

It's a division game and they are not always as easy as they appear.   Colts "should" win, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the Jags pull it out.  

Both teams defenses have almost identical stats when it comes to:

Passing yards per game - Jags - 272   Colts - 261

Rushing yards per game - Jags - 103   Colts - 106

21 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They might be motivated but they have zero run game.  Totally a passing team now.  If they were smart they would sign Wilkins.  I didn’t read where anyone signed him.  They just have to be looking for running back help.

But they don't use the run game. They didn't last year either. Neither does TB or KC. This isn't like some "aha moment" when it comes to BUF. They just had a really bad game.

But BUF isn't going to change its identity because of one bad road game. They are 20-7 since the beginning of last year (including the playoffs) and made the AFCCG. Besides, Allen is basically a RB anyways and averages 5.6 yards/carry. No need to take the ball out of his hands.

If Moss or Singletary missed time, they might look to pickup some depth, but any RB that goes to that team is just going to slide into a similar role as Moss or Singletary.

2 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Not one bit

Agreed, however I would like To see this new kid kick a big one. Maybe a 55 yarder or a game tying/winner before we anoint him. Either way I think the ice under blankenships feet is very thin. 

Frank doesnt seem to like long field goals, we may not see anyone try unless its to win the game

13 minutes ago, King Colt said:

More and more media types on Sundays are hinting at New England making it to the SB. It will not be a shock.

With Buffalo and Kansas City sputtering, New England is becoming a sexy pick.  

Archived