Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ehlinger now QB2

Colt.45

2 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Frank and Sam probably have the same fav bible verse...it goes a long way in qb decision making for the franchise

With the deep balls Sam and Carson throw, lots of pray is needed.   

Maybe throwing it short is a genius strategy to get more pass interference calls, has been working brilliantly lately.

8 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

This sounds like we might be getting ready to sign a veteran QB. ....  Carson is not cutting it and I think Irsay is * if he has to lose a 1st Rd pick for Carson.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Deja vu all over again.  No backup for Luck and now no backup for Wentz.  Ballard did it again.  You can’t make this stuff up.  He’s lost it.  

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Nobody claimed Hundley but SEA did claim Eason. 

Looks like Sam may be showing good things in practice.

Say what you want, but I bet he'd see JT wide open in OT.

( Yeah yeah, the D would've not focused on Pitt because Sam has a noodle arm, so JT would not have been open, right?)

After 51 pass attempts, many of them down the field into coverage, funny how we now want more check downs, LOL.

37 minutes ago, DougDew said:

( Yeah yeah, the D would've not focused on Pitt because Sam has a noodle arm, so JT would not have been open, right?)

After 51 pass attempts, many of them down the field into coverage, funny how we now want more check downs, LOL.

I’m pretty sure Hundley didn’t go through waivers, but carry on twisting and distorting everything you can!

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

I’m pretty sure Hundley didn’t go through waivers, but carry on twisting and distorting everything you can!

How could anybody twist and distort anything important about third string/PS QBs?  Reich said they wanted Eason back on the PS.  I assumed one got picked up and one didn't. 

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

How could anybody twist and distort anything important about third string/PS QBs?  Reich said they wanted Eason back on the PS.  I assumed one got picked up and one didn't. 

47 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I dunno, but you sure as hell are trying…

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

I dunno, but you sure as hell are trying…

Still lost with your complaint. 

If you would explain what it is you think I distorted (and that it wasn't sarcastic hyperbole) then maybe we can get it straightened out.  If you're not interested, carry on. 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Still lost with your complaint. 

If you would explain what it is you think I distorted (and that it wasn't sarcastic hyperbole) then maybe we can get it straightened out.  If you're not interested, carry on. 

I don’t have a complaint.

1. I was correcting some misinformation from being spread. Hundley was cut today and signed to the PS squad. He did not hit waivers, therefore he couldn’t be claimed from another team on waivers. The NFL week isn’t even over for goodness sake. He could have been signed by another team, but I mean we all knew there was a very very small chance of that happening. 
2. If the rest was sarcastic hyperbole, I apologize, I missed it.

4 hours ago, MPStack said:

The only time backup QB was an important subject on this Forum, was with the JB fan club who were in denial he was a bad QB, and couldn’t except the obvious. 

Never mind. ..if Miami trades for Watson, Jacoby might make his way back to Indy....barf!

7 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

I am going to say I am not a Hundley fan to start with but I have a feeling they needed a roster spot and knew if they cut Sam someone would claim him because he’s a rookie where as you pretty much know what Hundley is at this point and teams aren’t that interested in him.  So Hundley was released thinking if Carson gets hurt in a game Sam can finish the game but Hundley would be brought back to the active roster should Carson miss anytime and be the starter.

Nothing surprising here.

IMO though, Hundley is still the most ready now backup, but it's understandable now why they kept Ehlinger, just like it was understandable they kept Eason to start the season... .Development....

If Wentz goes down, I can see Hundley being brought up again, and going back in front of Sam. 

16 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

@cdgacoltsfan, you're killing me with laughter here.

The Colts backup issue is same as during the Manning years....if QB1 goes down, we're in trouble.

It’s the exact same issue that 95 percent of the other teams in the league have. Very rarely does QB1 go down and QB2 Keeps the team on the same trajectory as QB1

17 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Gotta wonder if Huntley's like, "Hey, I though you were giving me a legitimate shot at the primary backup.  Were you just using me until Ehlinger got healthy?"

Welcome to the World, Huntly.

To be fair, the guy mattered so little, that you misspelled his name twice, but in different ways in just one post...lmao

Archived