Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does this team make any trades before deadline?

MikeCurtis

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Superman said:

The guy's name is Mikey Salads. Protect your feelings for right now...

He's some twitter random with 300 followers. I wouldn't hold my breath... but if true, that trade would be pretty nice, even though I feel like him and Pittman's roles kind of overlap. 

2 hours ago, Flash7 said:

I don’t think we make any trades. We can’t afford to.

Does it bother anyone that we have average/below average overall talent, and no cap space now?

Yes! And next year we have to pay Q near LT money to keep him… a guard. 

We’re going to be stuck in cap space purgatory without the talent at important positions to show for it. 

4 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

We’re going to be stuck in cap space purgatory without the talent at important positions to show for it. 

The cap is going to increase by over 20 million next year

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

You do know the cap is going to go up a lot the next few seasons? 

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Parker does have two "cost-controlled" years left on his contract. Perhaps him, along with a draft pick, could be the WR room going into next season. In that scenario, I doubt Pascal re-signs though.

This is Ballard doing what he likes to do.  Looking for bargains with upside.  Players on the clearance rack.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

This is Ballard doing what he likes to do.  Looking for bargains with upside.  Players on the clearance rack.

I know...and doing so at WR...has been largely been a failure.

I will take Parker of course, but I don't really see it moving the needle the next two years. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Reddit rumor says Parker for a 5th. I'm skeptical. (just a rumor, not verified, doesn't seem like a reliable source, please take with a grain of salt)

This tweet did follow up a tweet from NFL Rumors sightings numerous sources that we have called the Dolphins about Parker.  So that feels pretty solid.  We will know soon enough if something goes down.  It certainly looks like we have interest on deadline day.

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

hate to beat a dead horse but we should put Q at LT and keep Glo and Reed at G's

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not happening.

Ballard is very good at picking and choosing where to spend his money.  Not everyone can get paid.  He has to draw the line eventually.  Makes no sense to overpay at the guard position to a player with chronic back issues.  His back issues will only get worse with time.  Ballard is smart enough to know that.  JMO.

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

No offense, but this statement makes no sense to me. 

I think it does to GM’s.  Their success and the team’s success depends on them making good decisions. Tackles get big contracts all the time.  Much easier to overpay there for a more important position.  Overpaying for guards is pretty low on the priority list I would think.  There are more important positions that need to be paid.

2 hours ago, ruf said:

hate to beat a dead horse but we should put Q at LT and keep Glo and Reed at G's

Nelson, Reed, Pinter, Pryor, Smith. 

Would save some coin, and probably not change the talent level much.  Save money and realign the salary structure by position.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard is very good at picking and choosing where to spend his money.  Not everyone can get paid.  He has to draw the line eventually.  Makes no sense to overpay at the guard position to a player with chronic back issues.  His back issues will only get worse with time.  Ballard is smart enough to know that.  JMO.

Do you know many games Nelson’s chronic back issues have cost him?    Zero. 

And he’s had three seasons of superior performance.   This is the only season he’s graded poorly, and is due in part to his foot, not his back. 

Why are you bringing this up now?  We have two posters whose only purpose is to remind us that neither Quenton Nelson nor Darius Leonard or even Braden Smith and perhaps even Nyheim Hines are worth what we’re paying them.   What is new about your argument?   Do you think the dead horse has any life left for you to beat out of it?   What’s different about your argument that hundreds of posters here are suddenly going to change their minds?   

Whats?   The?   Point?!?!?   

Archived