Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does this team make any trades before deadline?

MikeCurtis

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

I was assuming they'd leave Mack in SF. The Chiefs and Ravens could use him. I don't think we'd get another player for him, not anyone worth talking about. I'd like to see them trade him, he's not coming back next year, and he probably won't get a big enough contract to bring back a comp pick.

Saw a Rappaport  report that colts haven’t got a trade they like yet for Mack.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Saw a Rappaport  report that colts haven’t got a trade they like yet for Mack.

Yeah obviously, or they'd have traded him.

I'm at the point I'd take a conditional 6th for him. He's just warming the bench, and then disrupting the flow when we try to force him in the game. Wilkins can handle 4-6 carries a game when Taylor needs a spell.

And if we're keeping him just in case Taylor gets hurt, I think that's kind of a waste. Taylor is so much better than any of our other backs, we'd have to dramatically change our offense if we lost him.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The talk has been Mack for a pick.   But all things considered, I think it’s now more likely Mack for a corner or a safety.   Our secondary needs HELP! 

We can probably get a body in the secondary. I doubt we can get help in the secondary, just for Mack. Throw in a pick, maybe.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Yeah obviously, or they'd have traded him.

I'm at the point I'd take a conditional 6th for him. He's just warming the bench, and then disrupting the flow when we try to force him in the game. Wilkins can handle 4-6 carries a game when Taylor needs a spell.

And if we're keeping him just in case Taylor gets hurt, I think that's kind of a waste. Taylor is so much better than any of our other backs, we'd have to dramatically change our offense if we lost him.

I think part of this issue is Wilkens availability

If he gets healthy, its easier to say goodbye to a 3rd string guy

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Unlikely. 

We only got $2.3 million of salary cap relief.  At the time we redid TYHs deal the NFLPA said the Colts were dead last in available cap space.   Last!

We did the restructure to get money to make transactions that we do every week.   Every time we get a player injured so we have to bring up a player from the practice squad, that costs more salary.    These moves are for the last 10 weeks of the season.  

Doesn’t mean we can’t make a trade, but the salaries would have to be close.   So, maybe Mack for a cornerback?  

I think we need a S more than a CB. At least we have some CB's that will be coming back from injuries. 

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

I think we need a S more than a CB. At least we have some CB's that will be coming back from injuries. 

I agree 100%  

Ya-Sin and Carrie are both due back soon, we are passable with these two coming back (Not great, but passable)

We are DOA at FS though.....

I think we need to make a move  

57 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I dont see them as trade partners

I think they would take a crazy pick(s) but would ask less for a player going to NFC or an AFC "cellar dweller"

Probably not. I know we traded Orlando Brown in conference to the Chiefs, and that’s turned out pretty well. I guess it comes down to best compensation without strengthening an AFC rival too much. 

35 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I agree 100%  

Ya-Sin and Carrie are both due back soon, we are passable with these two coming back (Not great, but passable)

We are DOA at FS though.....

I think we need to make a move  

I do too. Maybe if nothing materializes , Carrie could help at FS ?

6 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Trade Mack and 6th or 7th for a safety. Sick of seeing him in there when Taylor is averaging 6.5 yards per carry and Hines just got paid. 

Maybe this is a silly take but does any one else think its possible Ballard is telling Frank to include Mack to potentially showcase him for trade?

Getting Mack some touches ain’t bad but frank does it at the wrong time like he takes Taylor out the game when he was rolling to put Mack in or it’s and important 3&4 and he has Mack in there getting stopped for 1 or 2 yard gain 

To the OP, hope so. And hope it's a FS... 

After the TY restructure, we have 3.4M plus whatever we recoup from whatever player we trade or cut. And we'll only be paying them for about half this year, so basically we'll be able to afford a guy that would normally command 7-8M/year... 

Assuming Wentz turns into a loss of a first round pick the Colts are without a #1 and a #6 but have two #7’s and most likely pick up a conditional pick for losing Brissett and Walker.  I think it’s most likely they get a draft pick for Mack and spend a draft pick on a Dback. Baltimore makes a lot of sense for Mack.  

1 hour ago, Shive said:

It blows my mind how many people seem to think that we still have all of this cap space. We have almost none.

It blows my mind, this topic comes up every year. The NFL isn’t the MLB. There are very few trades, and like you said, the Colts have very little CAP space. Pining for a 5th or 6th Rd pick for Mack, is like….

Bored Disinterest GIF

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Just read where the Saints lost their kicker for the year today.  Maybe they would be interested in trading for Badgley at the deadline instead of trying to see if he would clear waivers.  I think Blankenship should be ready to go by then.  Worth a try. 

Kickers for a few games are dime a dozen. Cody Parkey, Dan Bailey, Stephen Gostkowski are still free agents. No one will give up a draft pick for Badgley, period.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I am keeping a eye on Glow being traded. I don’t know what kind of player of draft pick he would get us but something to watch for. Get what you can since It looks like Reed is the starter next season.

Hope we learned we need some depth in the Oline.

19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am keeping a eye on Glow being traded. I don’t know what kind of player of draft pick he would get us but something to watch for. Get what you can since It looks like Reed is the starter next season.

Glow, is on the last year of his current contract, with an overall PFF grade of 56. 

blake shelton shrug GIF by The Voice

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Kickers for a few games are dime a dozen. Cody Parkey, Dan Bailey, Stephen Gostkowski are still free agents. No one will give up a draft pick for Badgley, period.

They are contenders and just lost their kicker for the year not a few games.  It's a long shot but you never know.  We could swap picks too.  

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Hope we learned we need some depth in the Oline.

That is something I was also thinking about. With smith coming back Pryor could probably play guard if there was a injury. But what happens if Reed and smith both couldn’t go. I

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Glow, is on the last year of his current contract, with an overall PFF grade of 56. 

blake shelton shrug GIF by The Voice

Being in his last year might be why we would be willing to trade him. Wouldnt get much bur something that could happen.

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

That is something I was also thinking about. With smith coming back Pryor could probably play guard if there was a injury. But what happens if Reed and smith both couldn’t go. I

Being in his last year might be why we would be willing to trade him. Wouldnt get much bur something that could happen.

I believe he’s still owed about 3M, so I’m leaning towards not going to happen. Cool idea though, trading a player that isn’t what he was 2 years ago. 

26 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This would actually make a lot of sense. Don’t know how much Kerrigan is making. But it would give the young guys a veteran to help them. We have had some good luck with eagle trades. Lmao

I like this one.  I think he could help us a lot on the DL.  I believe he would be making a little over a million dollars for the remainder of the year.

As many have mentioned here, trading Mack for defensive secondary help seems the most likely move if any.  I believe the outcome of Sunday's game will play an important role in the Colts being more aggressive than that. If we get whacked by the Titans at home then you won't see the Colts make any moves until the offseason. If we whack the Titans or squeak out a win then this drastically helps our playoff chances. I heard this morning that the Giants may be shopping Sterling Shepard. I wonder if the Colts are looking to improve their TE room as they continue to tryout and add/drop TE's from their practice squad? Dillard in Philly, John Brown asked to be released from the Broncos? The Colts might be players in the trade market if the playoffs look achievable!

Archived