Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does this team make any trades before deadline?


MikeCurtis
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Rumors are Braden Cooks might be on the trade block. Would only be a 1.5 million cap hit. Would Texans trade him to the colts? Would the colts have enough snaps for him?

 

Not really interested unless the Colts aren't confident in TY's return. Wouldn't hate it, but not really wanting to give anything up for him. And it wouldn't be just this year. He's got a 15M cap hit next season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2021 at 10:11 AM, Hoose said:

I agree Mack is potentially a great trade chip. Obviously, the other team has to have a RB need and an available DB the Colts want. 
But playing Mack isn’t a bad thing whether or not they are showcasing him. He’s a solid runner who has the size and power that Hines lacks. And he gives the Colts a competent replacement for JT when he needs a break. 
 

Seems like you described Wilkins more than Mack.

 

However, if JT, Hines, or Wilkins gets injured, i would feel better with Mack on the team.  Love Mack, just dont see aburst, and doubt we’re being offered much.   From that standpoint , i like the insurance of our 4 backs.  This season anyway.  Run game is too important.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 9:10 AM, Shive said:

It blows my mind how many people seem to think that we still have all of this cap space. We have almost none.

I know.  Some people seem to need the Cliff notes when they come on here.

Cap money...... hilarious.

That was so 2020.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Rumors are Braden Cooks might be on the trade block. Would only be a 1.5 million cap hit. Would Texans trade him to the colts? Would the colts have enough snaps for him?

Honestly, this trade should be Mack for Cooks straight up. It would be a win/win for each club in my opinion. I think Mack could easily start over Johnson (at this career point) and Lindsay and cooks for us would give another weapon I still think we need

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Rumors are Braden Cooks might be on the trade block. Would only be a 1.5 million cap hit. Would Texans trade him to the colts? Would the colts have enough snaps for him?

If they would trade with us I think it would be a good trade for both teams.  He could definitely help us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marlon Mack still being available is what everyone on here should really take note of. 

 

I get that there is some on here that does not want to see Mack go, so I will not be insensitive to those who feel that way but let's look at the facts.

 

Mack didn't have much "REAL" interest in offseason from other clubs or so it seems. I state "REAL" as I'm sure some clubs kicked a little tire but in the end Mack came back to Colts on a bargain prove it deal so it's possible the injury bug kept his market silent, but now....???

 

If Mack isn't moved by Nov. 2nd it should really tell ALL Colts fans something. It's either that Ballard is wanting way too much for a player not that valuable outside of maybe the Colts team or there really isn't a market for Mack as he is a jag and not really that special in the eyes of 31 other teams.

 

I mean let's look at two teams who have already made moves. Most recently the Saints.

 

Earlier this month there was a blurb that the Saints were looking into Mack along with a couple other teams yet they ended up getting Ingram for late round future picks. Ok? I think we all thought Mack wouldn't fetch more than a sixth, high point 5th right? Is Mack better than Ingram at this stage? I would say yes, so does this non-deal fall on Ballard or lack of real interest in Mack as a commodity? 

 

How about Miami who recently signed Duke Johnson? Duke Johnson???? I mean is Duke Johnson better than Mack? I don't think so and Mack going back to Florida would've been perfect for him seeing as he has some roots in Florida from his SF days, so what gives? Would Mack instantly become better than Ahmed as a back-up behind Gaskin? Heck, Mack might even push Gaskin.

 

Now maybe he will get dealt, but if he doesn't something is weird. Figuring out what's going on is the great mystery here but rest assured, it's looking like Mack is either not that special or Ballard is a complete buffoon on actual player value which I might add he has had trouble with in FA over the years when wanting to shill out contracts

 

:thinking:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

Not really interested unless the Colts aren't confident in TY's return. Wouldn't hate it, but not really wanting to give anything up for him. And it wouldn't be just this year. He's got a 15M cap hit next season.

That would be nice if they weren’t sure about TY coming back next season. Cooks is injury prone though and probably would be a high draft pick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think our current WR team is enough. (Not great, but is the REALLY a cheap option available, that would make a differnce?)

 

Cooks has been on MANY teams.... there is something amiss.

 

Its sort of like rushing to marry a lady that has been married 5 times in the last 5 years,,,,, she may be attractive

but... SOMETHING AINT RIGHT.....

 

I have high hopes for TY health, and Coutee picking up

 

The ONE spot that is GLARING is FS.....  I mean grand canyon type hole

 

The FS in this defense stops the 50Yd bombs from being completed 

 

Since my last post on this thread.... I hope we try to improve that position

(More than than the street FA that was bagging groceries 2 weeks ago)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Marlon Mack still being available is what everyone on here should really take note of. 

 

I get that there is some on here that does not want to see Mack go, so I will not be insensitive to those who feel that way but let's look at the facts.

 

Mack didn't have much "REAL" interest in offseason from other clubs or so it seems. I state "REAL" as I'm sure some clubs kicked a little tire but in the end Mack came back to Colts on a bargain prove it deal so it's possible the injury bug kept his market silent, but now....???

 

If Mack isn't moved by Nov. 2nd it should really tell ALL Colts fans something. It's either that Ballard is wanting way too much for a player not that valuable outside of maybe the Colts team or there really isn't a market for Mack as he is a jag and not really that special in the eyes of 31 other teams.

 

I mean let's look at two teams who have already made moves. Most recently the Saints.

 

Earlier this month there was a blurb that the Saints were looking into Mack along with a couple other teams yet they ended up getting Ingram for late round future picks. Ok? I think we all thought Mack wouldn't fetch more than a sixth, high point 5th right? Is Mack better than Ingram at this stage? I would say yes, so does this non-deal fall on Ballard or lack of real interest in Mack as a commodity? 

 

How about Miami who recently signed Duke Johnson? Duke Johnson???? I mean is Duke Johnson better than Mack? I don't think so and Mack going back to Florida would've been perfect for him seeing as he has some roots in Florida from his SF days, so what gives? Would Mack instantly become better than Ahmed as a back-up behind Gaskin? Heck, Mack might even push Gaskin.

 

Now maybe he will get dealt, but if he doesn't something is weird. Figuring out what's going on is the great mystery here but rest assured, it's looking like Mack is either not that special or Ballard is a complete buffoon on actual player value which I might add he has had trouble with in FA over the years when wanting to shill out contracts

 

:thinking:

 

 I would take Ingram over Mack. So Hmmm to all your assumptions!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mack, Ben, and Turay for a Ham Sandwich seems like a good trade at this point.

 

Seriously, combined with the comp pick that I think we will get for Autry, a few late round picks could be useful in moving up in the mid rounds for a targeted player(s).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, cjrichard said:

Now that Wilkins is back at FP I expect Mack to be dealt.  My hope is for a pick or safety help.  Maye would be a dream.  Anyone know what happened to Wilkins?

 

Joseph

My hope is that Mack goes to a team that he can obviously start right away for or holding him on my fantasy bench will have been completely worthless.....:funny:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Mack, Ben, and Turay for a Ham Sandwich seems like a good trade at this point.

 

Seriously, combined with the comp pick that I think we will get for Autry, a few late round picks could be useful in moving up in the mid rounds for a targeted player(s).

This. We may not get a good player in those later rounds but maybe can package some of them to move up in the 3rd or 4th. Turay and Ben clearly have no future here  after this year so get what you can. Dayo should be playing next Thursday so maybe trading one of these two could open up a roster spot without cutting anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Wow

 

 

Sometimes when I click to these threads i will see your post of Wow before the actual tweet loads and its a bit exciting (yes my life is that boring).  Its like opening a christmas present ....or seeing that it's a donkey behind door #3.  lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

haha who is trading for Turay and/or Banogu. Nobody I suspect unless we accept a bag of balls as compensation. This is just media theatrics

Turay would def get us something. injury history is terrible but has made plays when healthy.

 

Now Banogu, cant see anyone taking a risk on him though he wouldnt be the first high round DE to go from bust to not. Jerry Hughes comes to mind.  One stat I wasnt aware of until recently for BB was he has zero missed tackles for his career.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Turay would def get us something. injury history is terrible but has made plays when healthy.

 

Now Banogu, cant see anyone taking a risk on him though he wouldnt be the first high round DE to go from bust to not. Jerry Hughes comes to mind.  One stat I wasnt aware of until recently for BB was he has zero missed tackles for his career.

I appreciate your optimism but its not happening for either of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

 


This is a HUGE red flag. 

 

Jackson is back on the West Coast where he wanted to be….   And he’s not happy. 
 

Jackson is on a Super Bowl contender….   And he’s not happy.  
 

He’s forcing his way off the best team he could be on. 
 

We spread the ball around to all possible targets, he’d NEVER be happy with the Colts. 
 

If you’re on the right team and you’re still not happy avoid players like that. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


This is a HUGE red flag. 

 

Jackson is back on the West Coast where he wanted to be….   And he’s not happy. 
 

Jackson is on a Super Bowl contender….   And he’s not happy.  
 

He’s forcing his way off the best team he could be on. 
 

We spread the ball around to all possible targets, he’d NEVER be happy with the Colts. 
 

If you’re on the right team and you’re still not happy avoid players like that. 

Yeah it’s weird. Has he not been playing?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Yeah it’s weird. Has he not been playing?  

He plays.   I guess they’re not throwing the ball to him enough to satisfy him.  
 

So he’d rather catch more passes for a team that may not be as good.     Yikes!

 

Doesn't sound like a Horse Shoe guy to me….

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Turay would def get us something. injury history is terrible but has made plays when healthy.

 

Now Banogu, cant see anyone taking a risk on him though he wouldnt be the first high round DE to go from bust to not. Jerry Hughes comes to mind.  One stat I wasnt aware of until recently for BB was he has zero missed tackles for his career.

Yes he’s

 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:


This is a HUGE red flag. 

 

Jackson is back on the West Coast where he wanted to be….   And he’s not happy. 
 

Jackson is on a Super Bowl contender….   And he’s not happy.  
 

He’s forcing his way off the best team he could be on. 
 

We spread the ball around to all possible targets, he’d NEVER be happy with the Colts. 
 

If you’re on the right team and you’re still not happy avoid players like that. 

I wouldn’t want the Colts to touch DJax with a 10 foot pole. No thanks. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...