Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ 49ers, October 24, 2021, 8:20PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, C0LT5 said:

I hate chasing points in the first half...just makes no sense to me. Shoot, early second half I don't like it either.

As bad as weather is a three point lead may be insurmountable

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Wow SF just gave up.

They played it smart due to weather

• Like 2

Just now, EastStreet said:

he tried to float and give his guy a chance. every one was covered and there was no bad side if you toss an INT there.

The play call was bad.  It’s just that his throws seemed lobbed in there tonight. Maybe he’s doing that so guys would have a better chance at catching it?  Didn’t work with Hines and it’s been risky for the most part.  I’m probably just overly worried tonight.  Been a lot of dang nears…

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Why go for two? we get the ball back in the second half.

Just another bonehead move by our coach.

If we just take the XP, another TD makes it a two score game. Now it will still be one score. Just dumb.

Frank is thee worst coach Ive ever seen at just managing the simple things. He acts like we can afford to pass up points. Its very frustrating. 

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

I for one thing it’s *ic to go for 2 this early in the game you have no idea what’s going to happen the rest of the game and that one point could hurt us later. Classic Frank

I don’t hate the call to go for 2. I’m not a huge fan of the play call. Run JT behind Nelson. 

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Honestly, if we’re not going to go for PAT this game, then we just need to pound it. Have Doyle and Hines blocking for Taylor. This trying to lob the ball stuff isn’t going to work with the heavy rain and their defenders just sitting back. 

I thought they were gonna let Doyle & Taylor block for Hines on that one.  

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I for one thing it’s *ic to go for 2 this early in the game you have no idea what’s going to happen the rest of the game and that one point could hurt us later. Classic Frank

You may be confused right now but couldn’t we use an extra point against Baltimore?

Just now, GoatBeard said:

Just another bonehead move by our coach.

If we just take the XP, another TD makes it a two score game. Now it will still be one score. Just dumb.

Frank is thee worst coach Ive ever seen at just managing the simple things. He acts like we can afford to pass up points. Its very frustrating. 

It was the right move to try to go up 3.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

The play call was bad.  It’s just that his throws seemed lobbed in there tonight. Maybe he’s doing that so guys would have a better chance at catching it?  Didn’t work with Hines and it’s been risky for the most part.  I’m probably just overly worried tonight.  Been a lot of dang nears…

I agree the play call sucked. And I would have just kicked it too lol... 

But coaches tell QBs (when going for 2) not to throw it away. Just don't toss a dangerous one into the flat that can be run back. A floater in the seam is more than fine. The Hines throw was perfect. You can't throw heat in the rain. 

Agree on the dang nears.... those are hero ball products. he just needs to settle down. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

The QBs can’t get a grip on the ball. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Is the rain going to let up anytime soon?

hopefully not, we need to keep this rain going to help our secondary

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

No it wasnt. 

This stupid thinking already cost us a game this year.

We will have to agree to disagree but 2 point lead doesn't help you much when their kicker is making it from 50+