Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Miami Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

As always, please wait till the game gets done

Give us your 5-10 post game thoughts. More if you have them. Bullets are free, and are your friend.

1. Thank you Frank
    • see what happens when you run JT more than 10 times
    • see what happens when you have variety in the RZ
    • see what happens when you make Mo a primary read
  2. Great clean game by Wentz even though he was pressured a lot.
    • 2 TDs, no turnovers. Not flashy yards, but highly efficient and no mistakes.
    • Very good at spreading the ball around. 10 different pass catchers.
    • Hoping the chemistry between he and Mo continue
  3. Pass catchers are coming into their own
    • Not perfect games by everyone, but great overall and good individual catch %s
    • Pittman 6/8 again leads the way with 50+ and his chemistry looked great. 
    • Mo is a man sized weapon. Please keep him in the game plan. Write it down coaches.. 2 TDs vs some elite DBs
    • Pascal solid 4/5. Campbell 2/2. And a couple key catches by Doyle and Dulin
  4. DL looked better.
    • Turay (2 sacks), Grover, and Lewis all had some very nice moments. 
    • AQM and Defo too quiet
  5. DBs still looked suspect even vs a bad QB performance

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They figured some things out on offense today. I don’t care how bad the dolphins are. Confidence is everything. This is what we need from Wentz. Big plays in big situations and run the ball. Who knew throwing jump balls up to 6’6 guys would make good things happen.

Pryor should be the RT until smith comes back. He looks so much better in the pass game.

Once Wentz figured out what he could do on those ankles the offense was pretty good.

Just now, IndyD4U said:

Looking better. I still don’t understand some of these red zone calls

Still not great, but way more variety than past weeks. 

Just now, Les Poulains said:

Is there a reason we don't involve Cox in the passing game more? He's an absolute menace.

He seems to only be a primary read part of the game plan like every 5 games lol...

Let's hope they keep the focus.. There's just not a lot of reasons to forget about him again.

All the “Wentz is the problem” people can be quiet now.

Hope Kelly isn’t hurt too bad.

Noticed Davenport back in there at the end.  Unless Pryor had an injury why?  The offense took off the moment the Colts made that change.

What do you know running the ball for a team that is designed to be running team worked well and backed the pressure off.

Honestly Frank called a good game today but it got ugly inside the 10.  I think it’s in their head at this point.

Defense played a great three quarters and then disappeared in the fourth once someone told Jacoby he was throwing down the field even if he didn’t want too.

Another solid outing for Reed.  He’s not replacing Big Q long term but he could be the mix to replace Glow once Glow’s deal is up.

revenge of the tight ends.  Both Doyle and Mo made some nice catches today.

Will be interesting to see if they have reversed course on a Mack trade.  It was interesting he got the carries to close out the game.  
Leonard is clearly not 100% he just can’t run very well at all.

Best game the d-line has played all year.  
Pittman continues to develop.  I still think he has another step to take before he’s a true number one but given the lack of player development under Frank I’ll take what I can get.

Even though they got it the 4th down call in the first half was dumb and the play calling after it made it even more dumb.

A win is a win but the Colts benefited from playing a bad Miami team with a back up QB but when you are now 1-3 you don’t care who you beat.

the Colts will not be the first team to go 0-17 in NFL history!  At least not this year.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Give us your 5-10 post game thoughts. More if you have them. Bullets are free, and are your friend.

1. Thank you Frank
    • Mo is a man sized weapon. Please keep him in the game plan. Write it down coaches.. 2 TDs vs some elite DBs
  4. DL looked better.
    • AQM and Defo too quiet

I thought ball moved pretty well against a supposed to be really good D.  Nice use of RBBC today. It was almost like what we called for. JT got the most time but the other guys played their roles as well. Offense starting to perk up. Should only get better when TY and Patmon return.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

All the “Wentz is the problem” people can be quiet now.

Hope Kelly isn’t hurt too bad.

Noticed Davenport back in there at the end.  Unless Pryor had an injury why?  The offense took off the moment the Colts made that change.

What do you know running the ball for a team that is designed to be running team worked well and backed the pressure off.

Honestly Frank called a good game today but it got ugly inside the 10.  I think it’s in their head at this point.

Defense played a great three quarters and then disappeared in the fourth once someone told Jacoby he was throwing down the field even if he didn’t want too.

Another solid outing for Reed.  He’s not replacing Big Q long term but he could be the mix to replace Glow once Glow’s deal is up.

revenge of the tight ends.  Both Doyle and Mo made some nice catches today.

Will be interesting to see if they have reversed course on a Mack trade.  It was interesting he got the carries to close out the game.  
Leonard is clearly not 100% he just can’t run very well at all.

Best game the d-line has played all year.  
Pittman continues to develop.  I still he has another step to take before he’s a true number but given the lack of player development under Frank I’ll take what I can get.

Even though they got it the 4th down call in the first half was dumb and the play calling after it made it even more dumb.

A win is a win but the Colts benefited from playing a bad Miami team with a back up QB but when you are now 1-3 you don’t care who you beat.

the Colts will not be the first team to go 0-17 in NFL history!  At least not this year.

I am ok with julien if we are running the ball and clock out. With the lead that might be why. Pryor should be staring next week though.

Sanchez had some real nice boots early to keep us out of trouble

Hot Rod looked very good again

I called Turay getting multiple sacks he is getting healthy finally

Okereke had 8 tackles and was solid throughout

Chris Reed was opening some lanes, guy is a player Glow better start worrying

Sendejo didnt take out any teammates with friendly fire...

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

1. Thank you Frank
  4. DL looked better.
    • AQM and Defo too quiet

Thoughts? Yay a W.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I thought ball moved pretty well against a supposed to be really good D.  Nice use of RBBC today. It was almost like what we called for. JT got the most time but the other guys played their roles as well. Offense starting to perk up. Should only get better when TY and Patmon return.

They have some elite DBs, but have been (this year), and historically are, a bad run D.

And 1000% with you on the RB rotation. Almost perfect ratios. Would have liked to have seen one or two more Hines edge runs.

Not really worried about TY and Patmon. I like the chemistry that's growing. TY will be a quality add if heathy. Not sure Patmon will get much PT. 

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Sanchez had some real nice boots early to keep us out of trouble

Hot Rod looked very good again

I called Turay getting multiple sacks he is getting healthy finally

Okereke had 8 tackles and was solid throughout

Chris Reed was opening some lanes, guy is a player Glow better start worrying

Sendejo didnt take out any teammates with friendly fire...

Hopefully this builds Turays confidence. I know they like Paye but start Lewis who is more experienced. He looked good.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

They have some elite DBs, but have been (this year), and historically are, a bad run D.

And 1000% with you on the RB rotation. Almost perfect ratios. Would have liked to have seen one or two more Hines edge runs.

Not really worried about TY and Patmon. I like the chemistry that's growing. TY will be a quality add if heathy. Not sure Patmon will get much PT. 

I do think getting TY back may help us use Campbell better and where he is his best.

Lol

1 minute ago, SchlicterSZN said:

The dbs looked suspect, but we have like one starter, backups and third stringers, and some guy off the street starting and they did what you'd expect.....

X looked weak

Moore got burnt

Rodgers bad

Sendejo good with a PD (not sure if he was the coverage goof on the TD). He's new so not going to rant if it was.

Blackmon OK, but dropped an INT. Not making plays regardless. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I do think getting TY back may help us use Campbell better and where he is his best.

Lol

Disagree. Campbell is likely seen as the future of Z. 

He needs outside reps and continue to build chemistry with Wentz. 

TY should split time there and in the slot. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think Patmon will eventually replace Strachan. I think Patmon is farther along and can be used more. I can see them getting him the ball more than Mike. Mikes invisible out there.

• I honestly think we overall played at the same level that we did vs the Rams. The only difference is that the Rams up to this point of the season are considered by many as the best team in the league and we lost to them by 3. Sure there are plenty of holes on the team, but we have damn good talent on the roster as well. We shouldn't forget that.

• I think we will do pretty well the rest of the season if we can get some injured players back and hopefully keep our guys healthy. The lack of TC/practice has obviously hurt despite what the Colts team/players have said, but this week a few thing went our way on offense that didn't the last few times. Those are signs of improvement that I hope continue. We for sure need someone else beyond Pittman that can be relied on in the pass game consistently. TY will provide some of that, but Ballard needs to get that guy next year if he wants this offense to get to the next level.

• Our Defense was fantastic today until the very end. There didn't seem to be any obvious mishaps/communication issues that caused big plays like we saw versus the last few weeks, which I think is the main culprit of why our D looks so inconsistent at times. We had several consecutive series vs the Rams and the Titans where our Defense 3-out their supposed strong offenses. When they did score, they almost all seemed to be due to a DB releasing a guy when they shouldn't of have or a LB being out of position. If they make sure to cut those miscommunications down, this Defense has looked damn good at times. Big test next Monday though.

• Lewis and Turay had good days. They looked like they meant business today.

• Our Offense is good if we establish a run game. Our OL are far, far better run blockers then they are pass blocking, especially with all the injuries.

• Loved seeing Wentz look to his TE's this game. Luck and Rivers favorite targets under Reich usually seemed to be the TE's, so I think that Reich's offensive scheme is made to really use those guys heavily in the pass game. Not sure why they weren't used as much the last few weeks.

• I really hope Kelly isn't terribly hurt.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So didn't see Strachan in at all, and this was the game his parents flew in for.....

WTx

He had at least 1 snap. Early on against a backup Miami corner. And the guy just bullied him off his route at the snap. It was something we definitely don’t want to see more of. 

Really wish we could see more of the Taylor-Mack combo with the offensive line healthy before we decide to let him go for peanuts. Mo needs to be utilized way more. Wentz is not the problem. Yes I said it. Still a lot of holes on D and we’re lucky the dolphins are that bad with zero pass rush. It’s a needed win  .

Archived