Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Miami Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, John Waylon said:

The only thing that prevent prevented was punts. 

I never agree with prevent unless it is hail mary time. Keep a shell based defense, but don't rush only 3, or back way off. 

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I never had high hopes for Tua. 

Me either. Horrible pick, even divorced from the injury elephant in the room that year. 

Great spot for JB though. Hated seeing him get boo'd today. Never happened here even when he played bad.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Me either. Horrible pick, even divorced from the injury elephant in the room that year. 

Great spot for JB though. Hated seeing him get boo'd today. Never happened here even when he played bad.

I think their offense will get better. JB just needs to start throwing the ball, and they need a better running back thats for sure.

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Does anyone think the new DB coach could be a reason the DB are struggling? Or maybe trying some new stuff that hasn’t clicked yet?

Hard to Say; I think Rock has been playing well. I also thought the Dolphins could have completed the short stuff on Rodgers whenever they wanted today. 

On a different note the linebackers were playing better in coverage today.

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think their offense will get better. JB just needs to start throwing the ball, and they need a better running back thats for sure.

What the heck happened to Gaskin today?   I had him in my lineup and he got one carry

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

What the heck happened to Gaskin today?   I had him in my lineup and he got one carry

I was telling people I don't think our run D is that bad. We faced two pretty good rushing teams in SEA and TEN

7 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I really think JB is better in a throw-to-spot offense, then timing offense. Just struggles too much in progressions and anticipation. 

40 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's rook from a small school drafted in R7...

He's also got elite traits.

Doesn't mean he's going to be elite.

It does mean that he should get some patience.

Having unrealistic early expectations and poo pooing him because he's not hauling in more snaps and yards than Pittman and Pascal early season is pretty silly though.

No its just you have this running bias for Strachan. Patmon at this moment i can promise you is the better player mainly bc he had the one year to sit and learn the position. Theres no shame in sitting Strachan. He doesnt know whats going on. Patmon had to sit and nobody made excuses about him being a 6th round player. Patmon to be honest out performed Strachan in the preseason.

23 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Does anyone think the new DB coach could be a reason the DB are struggling? Or maybe trying some new stuff that hasn’t clicked yet?

I think it is mostly injuries, Rhodes is coming back from an injury and we got Carrie, Willis, and Ya-Sin out. So were low in the depth chart. I'm just glad we didn't see Khari Willis get burnt this week haha 

1 minute ago, krunk said:

No its just you have this running bias for Strachan. Patmon at this moment i can promise you is the better player mainly bc he had the one year to sit and learn the position. Theres no shame in sitting Strachan. He doesnt know whats going on. Patmon had to sit and nobody made excuses about him being a 6th round player. Patmon to be honest out performed Strachan in the preseason.

I like 17 better, but I don't have anything against Patmon other than he lacks an identity in regards to something he truly excels at. 

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Lol.. no bias, just realistic expectations. And I've watched a ton of college film on both. 

Patmon looked good primarily only when hit in stride. That's not what an X will get in a game.

In the preseason, Patmon was better vs MN, but Strachan was arguably better in the other two. 

And Strachan caught more X-type balls. 

Key here is that Patmon has had a full year in the system. He SHOULD look a lot better. But Strachan was arguably as good, and got the coaches nod.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I thought ball moved pretty well against a supposed to be really good D.  Nice use of RBBC today. It was almost like what we called for. JT got the most time but the other guys played their roles as well. Offense starting to perk up. Should only get better when TY and Patmon return.

Idk about patmon as he has proved nothing but ty yes

27 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think it's time to move on from Rhodes. We need a shut down corner. Either draft one high, or trade for a good zone corner. I was actually kind of surprised we didn't sign Richard Sherman. 

Sherman is dealing with some serious personal issues.  Is he available, he’s worth a shot.  We don’t play much C3 though and that is where he made his money.

29 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

LMAO

I saw it reported Leonard was telling him to go for it.  He might have a bad wheel but his mouth works just fine lol.

4 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Strachan is a rookie. What do you expect?

Him to make Marvin Harrison look like a scrub right away duh.

26 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I still dont understand how Miami didnt at least try and run Gaskins their lead back at all, my buddy had him in fantasy and he had been posting decent numbers....no injury designation

The couple of plays they tried it the Colts were all over him.

1 hour ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Miami/Jacoby stink and Colts handled them easily as they should. Wentz was solid and his numbers would look quite a bit better if Cox hauls in that end zone catch and if Paris catches sideline ball — both well thrown. Very encouraging to see Wentz air it out a bit with accuracy. To nitpick, could dude please slide instead of that awkward headfirst dive thing? Bring on the Ravens! 

Not on two still healing ankles....also, qbs are off limits when diving headfirst now, so who cares.

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

First off, yay a win!!!

I’m a little hesitant to praise the defense too much. They did okay today but we played a team that’s (impossibly?) actually worse than us. 

There are still obvious short comings the Dolphins just weren’t good enough to expose them. 

The oline was once again horrible. Period. Let’s hope Kelly isn’t seriously hurt or it might get worse. Imagine that… 

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Pittman had some flashes today and good for him. Loved they got Mo involved in the redzone!

But whyyyyy is it Reich refuses to ride a hot Taylor?! 2nd game with 6+ ypc and he gets 16 carries… It’s 20-25 at least per game with that kind of production. It might actually take some pressure off Wentz. 
Did Hines get hurt, he was barely in the game?

We got schooled by two playoff contenders in week 1-2 and lost a pretty important game against a division rival week 3. Us beating a bad team doesn’t make us a good team. Still, a win is a win! Hopefully it gives the guys some confidence and something to build off of. 

I wouldn’t say we got “schooled” by the Rams…we would have beaten them if we didn’t shoot ourselves in the foot on 2 RZ trips and despite that still lost by only 3 points.

Archived