Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Miami Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

30 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I never agree with prevent unless it is hail mary time. Keep a shell based defense, but don't rush only 3, or back way off. 

If you are basically saying C4 is prevent, Well the main thing in C4 is there aren’t any seams.  In c2 the deep middle Is vulnerable and in c3 the alleys  are open.  

there are lots of times to play C4 IMO but you can adjust the safety depth.  It doesn’t have to be deep.  C4 is a shell it’s just the CBS play deeper than usual.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Not\ he would still be out and honestly it was not close as announcers said his backside was out and it was clear.

Yeah I mean half his butt is on the white.  I would assume it works like a foot if any of it is touching the white you’re out but Alex Kemp also has a history of being a poor official.  He’s the guy who worked the Packers and Vikings game a few years where he pretty much gifted the Vikings a key late game drive with some very questionable pass interference calls.

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

They ran him 2 times all game and zero targets.....lol...last week 13 carries and 6 targets...from 19 plays to 2 ???

Well the running game in general didn’t work for Miami very well and went out the window when the Colts got up 14-3 to start the second half.  Some credit needs to be given to the Colts d-line for owning the line of scrimmage.  As for the targets I’d have to watch the video and see if maybe the Colts took that away too.  I know the couple of screen Miami tried to run today didn’t work well.

18 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Strachan is a rookie. What do you expect?

We are 1-3. We dont have time for people to be on the field feeling there way around if you have a healthy and experienced player available who can contribute right now. Nobody made rookie excuses for Patmon. Im not saying he should be cut. I like his talent but theres no shame in a more experienced player taking reps over him while he figures things out. This is all hypothetical right now bc Patmon isnt back yet. When he is back and Mike is still sorting things out id play Patmon over him.

40 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Hard to Say; I think Rock has been playing well. I also thought the Dolphins could have completed the short stuff on Rodgers whenever they wanted today. 

On a different note the linebackers were playing better in coverage today.

Are you sure it’s not just the Jacoby effect?

1 minute ago, krunk said:

We are 1-3. We dont have time for people to be on the field feeling there way around if you have a healthy and experienced player available who can contribute right now. Nobody made rookie excuses for Patmon. Im not saying he should be cut. I like his talent but theres no shame in a more experienced player taking reps over him while he figures things out.

Yeah horse hockey.  Your record doesn’t stop rookies from being rookies.  If the Colts had better players they would be out there and that’s exactly why he’s not out there more.  He’s doing exactly what you do with a rookie WR who was a late round pick you sprinkle them in in spots.  Otherwise they never improve because they never get the experience they need.  

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah horse hockey.  Your record doesn’t stop rookies from being rookies.  If the Colts had better players they would be out there and that’s exactly why he’s not out there more.  He’s doing exactly what you do with a rookie WR who was a late round pick you sprinkle them in in spots.  Otherwise they never improve because they never get the experience they need.  

I say nonsense to your comment bc Patmon is hurt. That is why hed not out there. Patmon was better than Mike in the preseason. If he were healthy i think hed be the better option. And who usually allows 7th rounders time to figure things out.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Dulin had a nice catch today.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

We are 1-3. We dont have time for people to be on the field feeling there way around if you have a healthy and experienced player available who can contribute right now. Nobody made rookie excuses for Patmon. Im not saying he should be cut. I like his talent but theres no shame in a more experienced player taking reps over him while he figures things out. This is all hypothetical right now bc Patmon isnt back yet. When he is back and Mike is still sorting things out id play Patmon over him.

What specifically has Patmon shown in the regular season vs 1st team Ds?

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I say nonsense to your comment bc Patmon is hurt. That is why hed not out there. Patmon was better than Mike in the preseason. If he were healthy i think hed be the better option

You need to go back and look at the preseason box scores. He was better during the MN game. The other two, no. 

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I say nonsense to your comment bc Patmon is hurt. That is why hed not out there.

Which goes back to what I said if they had better players they would be out there.  They don’t because Patmon is out and TY is out.  Thus they are digging into their depth.  Also, MS’s size gives the Colts something others don’t have thus they are going to give him a handful of plays to try to create a mismatch.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

What specifically has Patmon shown in the regular season vs 1st team Ds?

Thats a nonsense question that shows more of your Bias. It cant be proven but i know he knows more positions than mike, he knows the routes and he wouldnt be out there feeling things out. What did Strachan show against anyones 1st team D so far? See it goes 2 ways

Just now, krunk said:

Thats a nonsense question that shows more of your Bias. It cant be proven but i know he knows more positions than mike, he knows the routes and he wouldnt be out there feeling things out. What did Strachan show against anyones 1st team D so far? See it goes 2 ways

It looks like you have the bias.   The coaches will put the better players on the field.   When Patmon is healthy,  we will see what they think

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Which goes back to what I said if they had better players they would be out there.  They don’t because Patmon is out and TY is out.  Thus they are digging into their depth.  

So once again what do you do if TY and Patmon are available? Keep trying to mold Strachan?

Ofense:

1 - Wentz continue to impress, not great but really good.
2 - Pittman is coming along, so nice.

3 - OL still bad, Fischer needs to come along.
4 - Please someone explain to me why Davenport is playing football? 
5 - MAC was dominant, both catching and blocking

Defense:
1 - Pass rush improved, now it's just bad.

2 - rush defense got a break playing with the lead but contacts above LOS still not enough to stop the RBs, we're being dragged for some yards.
3 - Rodgers was bad, not enough power to do the dirt work at LOS.
4 - X Rhodes is playing terrible ball right now, if RYS is out many weeks, we're going to have problems (go figure!).

24 minutes ago, GoHorse1992 said:

I wouldn’t say we got “schooled” by the Rams…we would have beaten them if we didn’t shoot ourselves in the foot on 2 RZ trips and despite that still lost by only 3 points.

Everyone being so rough on 34. Seems like he primarily trained as a SLCB if I remember correctly. 

Also, he didn't get blown by, or beat badly like Willis. He was at least in the frame when the WR caught the ball. Also he got his hand close on a few of those passes. 

1 minute ago, DiogoSales said:

Ofense:

1 - Wentz continue to impress, not great but really good.
2 - Pittman is coming along, so nice.

3 - OL still bad, Fischer needs to come along.
4 - Please someone explain to me why Davenport is playing football? 
5 - MAC was dominant, both catching and blocking

Defense:
1 - Pass rush improved, now it's just bad.

2 - rush defense got a break playing with the lead but contacts above LOS still not enough to stop the RBs, we're being dragged for some yards.
3 - Rodgers was bad, not enough power to do the dirt work at LOS.
4 - X Rhodes is playing terrible ball right now, if RYS is out many weeks, we're going to have problems (go figure!).

I'm wondering why we keep swapping 73 and pryor, I think Pryor is clearly the better player. 

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

So once again what do you do if TY and Patmon are available? Keep trying to mold Strachan?

I am sure he will get a few plays here or there but I don’t think it’ll be as much as he is now.  He’s not going to snaps away from TY but we will see with Patmon.

In the first half, I thought the Colts offence was barely watchable.  That tell’s you how bad Miami is.  

The game reminded me of why the Colts needed to move on from Brissett. 

The Colts red zone offence is still not even mediocre.  It remains horrible.

The defence looked marginally better, but is that our defence getting better or because it was the Dolphins?

The O-line is still far too leaky, but I did see some improvement.

The run play calling was a little better.  Darn good things happen when JT is used wisely, not just predictably run up the gut, like Reich tends to call FAR too often. 

Wentz might work out, but he needs the team to step up and help a lot more than they have so far.

With the Titans losing, Colts are still in play for the division.  Gotta beat the Ravens next week and then take care of business the week following.  The prospect of getting injured people back leaves me with a glimmer of hope.  Go Colts!

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Everyone being so rough on 34. Seems like he primarily trained as a SLCB if I remember correctly. 

Also, he didn't get blown by, or beat badly like Willis. He was at least in the frame when the WR caught the ball. Also he got his hand close on a few of those passes. 

I'm wondering why we keep swapping 73 and pryor, I think Pryor is clearly the better player. 

I tought that Prior was injuried or did not know all playbook, but after some weeks that does not make sense..

I don't get why we didn't run the ball more the last three weeks granted Seattle and the Rams were automatic L's but the Titans we should've done more.

I think that this division is not out of reach for the Colts considering..

18 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If they could pull of a miracle against the ravens SF is not looking  great and the rest of these teams are cupcakes. Even if they lose to the Ravens and SF they could come out of this with a 5-5record.

We have to be looking at 6-4 here (lose 1 between BAL/FS), the rest is must win if we're still thinking playoffs this year

1 minute ago, DiogoSales said:

We have to be looking at 6-4 here (lose 1 between BAL/FS), the rest is must win if we're still thinking playoffs this year

Think you forget what division we are in, 9-8 wins it, hell 8-9 likely wins it and even 7-10 could. Jags and Texans are awful and Titans are bad (They are almost as good as the Jets but not quite).

3 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

If we can win just one of those road games I like are chances.  We will see if SF goes back to Jimmy G. Maybe we will get lucky and get a rookie. Titans have a very hard stretch of games coming up.

3 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Just gotta take it one game at a time. Can't overlook any opponent Jets-Titans game proved this today.

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Think you forget what division we are in, 9-8 wins it, hell 8-9 likely wins it and even 7-10 could. Jags and Texans are awful and Titans are bad (They are almost as good as the Jets but not quite).

I don't think TN is that bad, and the % of times a team won a division with less than 10 victories should less than 10%, so you don't plan for that type of luck. We need 11W

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Just gotta take it one game at a time. Can't overlook any opponent Jets-Titans game proved this today.

TN should win this one, I'm glad they didn't but pretty sure they're * off, you don't win Colts/Hawks and then look at Jets with fear

47 minutes ago, krunk said:

LOL.. I'm first gong to say I hope Patmon turns out to be good. I'm cheering for him. I love his size and speed.

However facts are facts. Point is, Patmon spent an entire year not playing when we were even short on depth at times. You have zero idea how he will look against 1st team Ds. You're assuming he's all of sudden become more physical and can play X. Even his college coach said he's never played to his size. And that's important at X. Now if they're planning on using him at another position, that's great, I'd love it.

But... as far as stats are concerned... Patmon has zero catches in a whole year. Strachan has 2 catches on 3 targets in just a few games.

2 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

I don't think TN is that bad, and the % of times a team won a division with less than 10 victories should less than 10%, so you don't plan for that type of luck. We need 11W

We dont need 11, lmao......it's not luck to get in with so few wins its the quality of the division, rarely has a division had so many weak teams (Worse then NFC east last season)

Just now, DiogoSales said:

TN should win this one, I'm glad they didn't but pretty sure they're * off, you don't win Colts/Hawks and then look at Jets with fear

I called the Jets win, why ? Because as bad as the Jets are Tenn is worse plain and simple when down bodies like today. Tenn is NOT a good club, they have zero defense a spotty O line and today injuries got them. They beat the Colts missing several bodies and a QB would couldnt move, they are not the same caliber of squad when both are healthy.....

Archived