Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich Grievances (Merge)

indyagent17

I’ve rewatched all three games 3 times and here is why I feel this is becoming true. 

1.  Dozens of plays where the defense looks uninspired. 

2.  Reich said he has full confidence in Eason but is relegated to 3rd string 

3. Grossly missed blocking assignments and half hearted efforts 

4. I know Reich  is stoic on the sidelines  but lack of emotion which rubs off on the team. Such dejection coming off the field but no response by coach. 

these of course our my opinions but these issues are glaring . 

1. Wouldn't that be on the DC?

2. Yeah, he gave Eason a chance in all of preseason and TC, and an actual live game. Not saying whether i agree with the handling of the backup or not but that's far more than most backups get. If you lose a team over your treatment of the backup QB, you never had that team to begin with.

3. O-line coach? Half hearted? Interesting. Where?

4. The emotion thing is nonsense. We debated this over and over and over during the Dungy years, we need to throw that right back in the bin and kick that bin into the anus of the sun where it belongs.

He's not losing the team.  

17 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

2. Yeah, he gave Eason a chance in all of preseason and TC, and an actual live game. Not saying whether i agree with the handling of the backup or not but that's far more than most backups get. If you lose a team over your treatment of the backup QB, you never had that team to begin with.

4. The emotion thing is nonsense. We debated this over and over and over during the Dungy years, we need to throw that right back in the bin and kick that bin into the anus of the sun where it belongs.

I suggest you naysayers watch the games over again and pay attention

12 minutes ago, dw49 said:

No , but he's losing games with his horrible play calling. Taylor had 10 carries for 64 yards. That says it all . Riech defends that by talking about "the flow of the game." Give me a break.

All I’m saying is that it’s starting to happen. If you watch the games closely like I have a few times and watch for specific things. They are so obvious

13 minutes ago, dw49 said:

No , but he's losing games with his horrible play calling. Taylor had 10 carries for 64 yards. That says it all . Riech defends that by talking about "the flow of the game." Give me a break.

Rinse and repeat. Colts down early, less run more pass with Frank. 

20 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

He told the media last week he has full confidence in Eason

I understand you have your opinions. Like I told one person on here let’s wait eight games are have this conversation again. I’ve watched a lot of football in my 56 years and I can tell when the threads are starting to come out. I’m just saying I’ve watched these games multiple times looking for certain things I’ve seen so many players just give up on plays and half hearted attempts at blocking . Also if you don’t think the demeanor of a coach matters when dejected players are coming off the field you don’t understand football

Just now, indyagent17 said:

He told the media last week he has full confidence in Eason

Yes, opposed to telling the media that the backup sucks, or telling the media we'll see, or something along those lines. I don't know and it doesn't really matter. Again, i'm not saying the backup thing has been handled the best. However, i reiterate that if he loses the dressing room over Eason/Hundley, then he never had them to begin with.

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Why would reich allow Eason to throw a 7 route vs Jalen Ramsey? LOLLLLL

Needs must. A little over 2 mins, with the length of the field to drive down? He had no choice. If Eason would have pulled that off, i'd have said we need to move on right away from Carson. It was a very tough situation but i'm not sure those 2 and half minutes showed anything positive for Eason. It was either average or deleterious and after that game, i said it was likely the latter

2 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I understand you have your opinions. Like I told one person on here let’s wait eight games are have this conversation again. I’ve watched a lot of football in my 56 years and I can tell when the threads are starting to come out. I’m just saying I’ve watched these games multiple times looking for certain things I’ve seen so many players just give up on plays and half hearted attempts at blocking . Also if you don’t think the demeanor of a coach matters when dejected players are coming off the field you don’t understand football

If you have any pride losing will fray some edges. Our youth and inexperience is showing. Throw in the injuries and a few mental mistakes and ... that is where we are at.

I have ZERO doubt the players have enough leadership and character to give Frank their all. You have expressed your opinion fairly, i believe you are under estimating the reward of drafting for leadership and character the way Ballard does. This, IS the time they are called upon to stand together.

This team is going to fight Sunday!!

9 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

If you have any pride losing will fray some edges. Our youth and inexperience is showing. Throw in the injuries and a few mental mistakes and ... that is where we are at.

I have ZERO doubt the players have enough leadership and character to give Frank their all. You have expressed your opinion fairly, i believe you are under estimating the reward of drafting for leadership and character the way Ballard does. This, IS the time they are called upon to stand together.

This team is going to fight Sunday!!

Ok, I just see issues that may hurt the team 

No. But he hasn’t “found” Carson Wentz yet.  That guy looks like the lost, regressing QB that’s been declining in Philly.  His 3rd down execution is atrocious.  Just watched our 2nd to last drive of the 1st half.  3rd & 13.  We’ve got a 2 way screen called.  Taylor over the middle or Campbell outside.  Campbell is there wide open with the blocking set up and only 1 man to beat.  He looks at him.  Pumps.  And then has to dirt it trying to hit Taylor who the DT simply grabbed at the line.  Get the dang ball out Wentz.  My goodness.  

I’m terrified to watch our last drive of the half where Frank had to just pull the plug & take the field goal before Wentz took a sack knocking us outta field goal position or turned it over.  Because he was really struggling seeing things to close the half. 

Follow Up:  The last drive of 1st half; 1st down:  Doyle wide open on the crosser. Easy 7-10 yards and he can get out of bounds.  Perfect drive starter play call from Frank.  Wentz doesn’t see him.  Takes the sack.  We have to burn a timeout. Only 1 left.  2nd down:  Doyle gets grabbed and tripped up.  Illegal contact.  Thank goodness.  Next play Wentz makes maybe his best throw of the day.  Subtle side step in the pocket and hits Pittman on the deep in with 30 seconds left.  Great throw but by the time Wentz gets to the line he has 17-18 seconds left and he actually had the insane thought to try and run another play.  

Thankfully Tennessee called a timeout for us or Wentz would have easily wasted another 5-6 seconds running a play.  Why not get up there and spike that with 20 plus seconds left so we can have a few shots at the end zone or at least we could get closer???  Frank had seen enough.  Hines up the middle and just settle for the field goal.  He couldn’t trust Wentz with 17 seconds to go and a timeout in hand…

This has been a frustrating and disappointing Starting QB & Head Coach reunion so far.  Frank hasn’t lost the team but Carson is gonna eventually make him lose his job if he doesn’t improve over the next few weeks.  They have to get on the same page.  Get Campbell more 1st read targets or go get Wentz a tight end that is worthy of 100 plus targets.  Because Carson and Doyle have no chemistry and Campbell must have a cloaking device on him while he’s running routes because Wentz just can’t see him.  At least not until it’s too late & it’s kill shot time.

13 hours ago, dw49 said:

The flow of the game said run the ball…. You had a crippled qb bad oline. But they was run blocking ok . The drive that sticks out to me was we run the ball and get all the way up the field get to the red zone, then frank calls 3 strait passing plays 

10 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

No. But he hasn’t “found” Carson Wentz yet.  That guy looks like the lost, regressing QB that’s been declining in Philly.  His 3rd down execution is atrocious.  Just watched our 2nd to last drive of the 1st half.  3rd & 13.  We’ve got a 2 way screen called.  Taylor over the middle or Campbell outside.  Campbell is there wide open with the blocking set up and only 1 man to beat.  He looks at him.  Pumps.  And then has to dirt it trying to hit Taylor who the DT simply grabbed at the line.  Get the dang ball out Wentz.  My goodness.  

I’m terrified to watch our last drive of the half where Frank had to just pull the plug & take the field goal before Wentz took a sack knocking us outta field goal position or turned it over.  Because he was really struggling seeing things to close the half. 

To be fair, I have more healthy ankles than Wentz right now.   

Full disclosure, I only have one leg.

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I don't think he's necessarily lost the team, but we've definitely seen his ceiling as an "offensive wizard".  

Also, I wonder why Reich has been touted as some QB whisperer, but all he does is try to go get QB's that know his system. 

Because of his work as a QB coach.... It's not because of any development work he's done outside of that job title, that's for sure.

17 hours ago, MPStack said:

Rinse and repeat. Colts down early, less run more pass with Frank. 

Not down by much though. What was it, 14-10 at half, 14-13 after 3.

Way too close not to run JT more IMO. 

The RB rotation/use is just all kinds of funky to me. 

And that's funky like funk///// stinky lol.. 

This past weekend Frank Reich  said our best chance to win was to go with Carson Wentz at 70 to 80 percent healthy. With a 100 percent healthy Jacob Eason or Bret Hundley. Are you kidding me. He is to loyal to his guys not what's best for the team. We have seen this before. Jacoby Brisset was struggling and we had Chad Kelly ready to go and he still didn't play him. Is he afraid one of the backups will outplay his guy or what. If they don't play you will never know. Is he intentionally trying to distroy this team. If Carson doesn't play 5 games this year we keep our 1st round draft pick instead of giving it to philly which it may be a to 10 pick the way it looks right now.

12 hours ago, Bert Johns said:

This past weekend Frank Reich  said our best chance to win was to go with Carson Wentz at 70 to 80 percent healthy. With a 100 percent healthy Jacob Eason or Bret Hundley. Are you kidding me. He is to loyal to his guys not what's best for the team. We have seen this before. Jacoby Brisset was struggling and we had Chad Kelly ready to go and he still didn't play him. Is he afraid one of the backups will outplay his guy or what. If they don't play you will never know. Is he intentionally trying to distroy this team. If Carson doesn't play 5 games this year we keep our 1st round draft pick instead of giving it to philly which it may be a to 10 pick the way it looks right now.

Wow

This may sound like a crazy idea but just maybe the head coach who is at the practices everyday knows more about his players than the fans in the stands

Im not a fan of playing football per "analytics".  You guys remember Smash and Dash? They played both RBs, back and forth they went keeping the defense guessing. Or, they'd put Smash in until the defense got tired and then they put in dash who was faster and threw off the defense. 

Pretty basic football. But unlike them, the Colts seem to have no reason to play any given player at any given time (like Mack).

My biggest gripe about this offense is the lack of urgency. When theres 40 seconds left in the half, the team just plays nonchalant, live to fight another day mentality. You can get down the field for at least a FG but half the time they burn 20 seconds doing nothing at all but wandering to the los. 

It makes you miss the Peyton years on another level. Where is the urgency? In an every down, every inch, every second counts league, the Colts just dont do a thing. 

"We will score in the second half".... well.... where are the points Frank? 

This live to play another down mentality, and lack of giving a % about urgency, you see a pretty lackluster offense. 

This is on Frank and no one else. 

I felt the same way about Pagano. 

The argument about "these players are men and have to take responsibility". That's all well and good, and you'd hope overall society took that viewpoint but that isn't what history tells us. If the leader, or boss of your team, is lenient, the workers act accordingly. Case in point: at work, management doesn't pay attention to how long people are taking their breaks for, and 99% of everyone takes a long * break. Longer than they are supposed to. They know the rules but the rules aren't enforced. 

What makes you think a player is going to act any different than my own coworkers if no one calls them out on it? Because they're making millions of dollars to play a game? 

Give me a break. It's time for frank to lead, or leave. 

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Wow

This may sound like a crazy idea but just maybe the head coach who is at the practices everyday knows more about his players than the fans in the stands

I absolutely agree Reich is in best position to know who gives us our best chance.

But what does that say about QB2 given that 70% Wentz is a better option.

You have to admit it looked like a clown show moving Hundley up and giving him all the 1st team reps. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I absolutely agree Reich is in best position to know who gives us our best chance.

But what does that say about QB2 given that 70% Wentz is a better option.

You have to admit it looked like a clown show moving Hundley up and giving him all the 1st team reps. 

I would say that it is hard to find good QBs in the league and that QB1 at 70% is better than QB2 for most teams in the league, people just don't understand how big the gap is. When you get names like Chad Kelly or now Eason people want them to be great and think they have QB1 ability if they get the chance but in reality they haven't shown anything in practice and it's only hype.

Personally I don't care who is number 2 on the depth chart(because they aren't playing), we know our OL is bad and Reich saw that he most likely put Hundley 2nd because he didn't believe Eason was mobile enough to succeed behind that line and didn't want to set him up for failure. For the argument of then why is Eason on the roster and Hundley on PS, it's because they don't want another team to claim Eason and don't have to worry about Hundley getting snagged.

Archived