Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hines comments about rumored return of Andrew Luck

csmopar

• csmopar changed the title to Hines comments about rumored return of Andrew Luck
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Why do we not want it to be true?

I mean, I know it's beyond highly unlikely, but as far as internet wish casting goes, they're right. The team could really, really use Luck.

Who doesn’t want it to be true?

Saying we should avoid indulging a fantasy and instead discuss things within the realm of possibility is not the same thing as not wanting the not possible to be true.

I never stopped wanting Santa Claus to be real. But it doesn’t really matter that I want that, does it?

5 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Saying we should avoid indulging a fantasy and instead discuss things within the realm of possibility is not the same thing as not wanting the not possible to be true.

I never stopped wanting Santa Claus to be real. But it doesn’t really matter that I want that, does it?

I think he was referring to the OP statement "This hopefully reinforces the fact Luck isn’t coming back".

I would of much rather hear that Hines said something that reinforces the thought that Luck might come back.  

Really though, what we think doesn't matter.  Ballard and Irsay know what is happening.   It's OK for fans to speculate.  We've talked about Stafford, Darnold, Ryan, Carr, Eason and many more.   They are all long shots.  But we do know that the Colts will have a starting QB when the season starts.  

18 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Myles got it. 

And to the second point. If I ran the zoo, I'd probably tolerate the Luck rumors being discussed because it's an internet forum where people talk to each other about things Colts related and it's not like hypotheticals/indulging in fantasy isn't a big part of talking NFL (a brand that makes a boatload of money off of something called Fantasy).. 

8 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Stafford being the Colts starter in 2021 was discussed here a lot over the past few weeks. Turns out the chances of Luck being the Colts starter in 2021 were better than the chances of Stafford being the Colts starter in 2021.

The Luck story was fake, we had a better shot at Matt

20 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

What......?

source.gif

23 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Woo woo woo what’s this nonsense about Santa not being real?

Like it or not the guy on twitter that first started rumblings of luck coming back, even before those supposed texts, has had information before everyone else on luck before. He was the first to say luck was going to retire and also the first to say luck injured his shoulder snowboarding. The guy hasn't been wrong yet...

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Can mods lock this freaking thread Luck has been retired for two seasons and isn’t coming back. How many times are we going to discuss this stupid %.

And it'll never come up again. Even though the owner of the team just addressed his interest in seeing Luck return a week ago..

7 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Can mods lock this freaking thread Luck has been retired for two seasons and isn’t coming back. How many times are we going to discuss this stupid %.

You could just ignore the thread.

Locking a thread based off of someone's opinion is dumb.  

I am hoping Luck returns.   Many players have returned after retiring.  We picked up a LT out of retirement last season.  I also know the odds are extremely low that he would come back.   

Threads were not locked for talking bout trading for Watson even though there is no way the Texans trade him within the division to their biggest rival.  

28 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Stafford being the Colts starter in 2021 was discussed here a lot over the past few weeks. Turns out the chances of Luck being the Colts starter in 2021 were better than the chances of Stafford being the Colts starter in 2021.

I don’t know about that.  Ballard apparently could’ve bought Stafford if he was willing to pay an exorbitant price.  I’m glad he wasn’t.

But I don’t think Luck is available at any price.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

You could just ignore the thread.

Locking a thread based off of someone's opinion is dumb.  

I am hoping Luck returns.   Many players have returned after retiring.  We picked up a LT out of retirement last season.  I also know the odds are extremely low that he would come back.   

Threads were not locked for talking bout trading for Watson even though there is no way the Texans trade him within the division to their biggest rival.  

Maybe your right about not locking this thread. My main frustration about this story is that so many people are giving this false story legs. It’s every where Twitter, IG, Reddit, so many big sites. It’s taking the focus away from the Colts actual needs. Just had to vent for a bit lol.

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Maybe your right about not locking this thread. My main frustration about this story is that so many people are giving this false story legs. It’s every where Twitter, IG, Reddit, so many big sites. It’s taking the focus away from the Colts actual needs. Just had to vent for a bit lol.

get off the internet it's clearly a unhealthy balance for you 

6 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

It hasn't been proven true nor false

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

No issues.  All good.   I do understand your thinking.  It's just that sometimes fans need to discuss their wild and out there wishes.  Luck returning is a long shot at best, but it is still possible at his age.  I know the reports are all fake.

I liked when Fox Sports and ESPN made a point to talk about it.   I knew it wasn't true, but at least it could plant a seed in Lucks head.   The seed probably won't sprout.

In reality, I think that Luck’s words of congratulation to Castonzo for retiring on his terms, are most telling.  Would love for Luck to come back, but despite all the recent rumours, it is just such a remote, unlikely possibility.  I have no issue of people dreaming about, though, especially during an in need of a QB off-season.   Soon enough, when the Colts do make their move for a QB, the rumours will be put to bed for good, for if Luck WERE actually entertaining a comeback, the timing is now.  For it not to happen “now”, that shows definitively his intent.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

That means nothing really.  Andrew knows a lot of people.  They all don't know what his thoughts are about his future plans.  

You said he knows just as much as members here.    I'm guessing none of us have his phone number.    

I don't think Andrew Luck is ever coming back to play football.

But, at the same time, I would like for the rumors to be true. If the supposed leaked texts were true, then Andrew is meeting with "Jimmy from the Colts" today - noonish, while his wife is shopping at Saks....lol. Anyone know where Jim Irsay is today by any chance? 

If Luck were to make a comeback, it would be around now -- before the draft and before the start of the next season so that he can have time to get back into NFL shape.

BUT, time will tell. The Colts will move on and Luck will remain retired and slowly we will give up on the idea that he's ever coming back.

We'll know soon what's going on. 

Here's how I honestly look at this. IF he was going to come back, it'd happen around now. The odds aren't great that there's another clear window, where Luck and his nice guy personality wouldn't be stepping on any toes and he's wanted. 

I dunno nothin', but given the circumstances swirling, you'd think he'd catch wind of this and maybe at the very least have a pang of consideration. 

It is curios though that in November 2020 Jim Irsay stated "That door has closed" when referring to Luck.

https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-owner-jim-irsay-on-andrew-luck-return-i-think-that-door-s-closed

And just last week, he noted, "Door is always open for Andrew Luck, but Luck is retired."

https://fox59.com/sports/colts/colts-jim-irsay-doors-always-open-for-andrew-luck-but-andrews-retired/

I understand that these are basically the same statement, but there is a bit of nuance there.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I'd probably tolerate the Luck rumors being discussed because it's an internet forum where people talk to each other about things Colts related

THIS! Some people on this forum just can’t tolerate topics that they don’t want to see... including moderators of this forum who will shut active and engaged threads down for practically nothing. I didn’t realize anything directly related to the colts wasn’t conversation worthy on this forum.

I love Luck, love what he brought to the team. I wasn't angry when he retired. Seriously. 

But him coming back, (which he isn't), would feel wrong from so many different angles. So those assume we all want him back, it's not true. I am a fan of the shoe....not a player. That Colts have moved on. Look forward. 

6 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I love Luck, love what he brought to the team. I wasn't angry when he retired. Seriously. 

But him coming back, (which he isn't), would feel wrong from so many different angles. So those assume we all want him back, it's not true. I am a fan of the shoe....not a player. That Colts have moved on. Look forward. 

The colts would take him back in a second if he chose to resume playing

9 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

THIS! Some people on this forum just can’t tolerate topics that they don’t want to see... including moderators of this forum who will shut active and engaged threads down for practically nothing. I didn’t realize anything directly related to the colts wasn’t conversation worthy on this forum.

In fairness, though, let's acknowledge they're letting this one go (for awhile if nothing else- get it out now! lol).

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Around here in the off season we discuss many topics some may find stupid thanks for your input .  Players do come back but IMO there is no way Luck ever takes the field again maybe we should see if he is interested in coaching . 

Archived