Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning's progress - updated according to NFLN (merged)

DILLIGAFER

Does anyone have any information on how Manning is progressing this week? I havw tried to find reports, but have come up empty handed. Just wondering how rehab is going for our QB.

Not trying to sound like a jerk but I would say you have access to the same information as the rest of us.

I get where the OP is coming from. There really should be a daily update on this. His health is the key to absolutely everything. I don't necessarily need to hear how Joe Horn performed in the 11 on 11 drills. Just a simple update as to what he did on his rehab that day. Maybe his rehab/throwing is restricted from the press? Not sure because I haven't been to camp yet.

Let's see here 4 surguries in the past 3 years, missing OTA's, and training camp time. How many preseason games has he missed in his career? I think we should cut him like we did with Sanders. He 's missing to much time! And the "Skip Bayless" award goes to me! Kidding with the first part of my post. Peyton is coming along great with his rehab from what I've heard. http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-09/peyton-panic-colts-play-it-cool-with-mannings-rehab Only link I can find about Peyton's rehab.

i don't know about newer phones, but i don't look anything up on my phone unless i have too

sitting in front of this powerful desktop, large monitor, full size keyboard, and mouse makes looking stuff up MUCH easier & enjoyable

agree, my phone only for ER & keys way to small to press efficiently, maybe 100 minutes a month , have plenty to sell from my plan ( lol ) , hardly can work keyboard let alone a phone browser, smart phones are great but i just cant use them effectively, Life could be worse , its a convience, noit a need

Why are we bashing on a guy for asking a simple question? Jskinnz that was totally inappropriate behavior on your part. If that's the way you feel you need to respond to a simple question than maybe you need to find another forum to troll. Some people on here go to the camp often and would know the answer to his question. Bayone usually fills us in on camp details that some of us can't witnesses for ourselves. So please respect other Colts fans as w should be one big happy group and not be smart@'s to one another.

And your point is?... Look it up on your phone! :facepalm:

Calm down man, the guy just wanted some info... this is basically where fans get their info anyway.... Anywayz Caldwell said that he was coming along whatever that means so good i suppose.... On the bright side wayne was talking about Painter and he said the guy has a great arm and is pretty good so i think your gonna see a diff Painter... Hopefully.

Does anyone have any information on how Manning is progressing this week? I havw tried to find reports, but have come up empty handed. Just wondering how rehab is going for our QB.

Just ask your questions, those that can will help, when can, others with questionable remarks just disregard

though the link to article is here in this thread just a few posts before this

this is another thread, no other info, but never know, sometime in future someone may post to one and not the other , the merged 2 i will add link to here should be merged into yours

My link

Why are we bashing on a guy for asking a simple question? Jskinnz that was totally inappropriate behavior on your part. If that's the way you feel you need to respond to a simple question than maybe you need to find another forum to troll. Some people on here go to the camp often and would know the answer to his question. Bayone usually fills us in on camp details that some of us can't witnesses for ourselves. So please respect other Colts fans as w should be one big happy group and not be smart@'s to one another.

Thanks for the great post. :thanks:

i second thank you for your post . . . :thanks:

They just reported that he has not thrown a ball since camp opened and that he may not be available for week one. How do they figure that when there are threads on this forum that state the exact opposite. Maybe they are just passing off what they want to see happen as actual facts. too bad.

Wait a minute while I go laugh in Lombardi's face. This is getting ridiculous. We've had multiple media reports from our local crew (Indy Star, Stampede, fellow forum members) that state Peyton is throwing with fine velocity and is rehabbing correctly. Caldwell came out today and said he is on track and rehabbing to perfection... with an outside shot of returning at the end of training camp. Seeing how our training camp ends much earlier than most (mid-august), that would give Peyton almost a MONTH after the break to be ready. But hey, let us continue to stir the pot, fabricate stories, and try to increase our ratings and sound off on Peyton!

Wait a minute while I go laugh in Lombardi's face. This is getting ridiculous. We've had multiple media reports from our local crew (Indy Star, Stampede, fellow forum members) that state Peyton is throwing with fine velocity and is rehabbing correctly. Caldwell came out today and said he is on track and rehabbing to perfection... with an outside shot of returning at the end of training camp. Seeing how our training camp ends much earlier than most (mid-august), that would give Peyton almost a MONTH after the break to be ready. But hey, let us continue to stir the pot, fabricate stories, and try to increase our ratings and sound off on Peyton!

agreed. lombardi leads the pack with this type of stuff. i remember him claiming that peyton lost muscle mass in his arm/shoulder and then the same day the colts training staff reported manning is making good progress with no setbacks. tired of this crap.

agreed. lombardi leads the pack with this type of stuff. i remember him claiming that peyton lost muscle mass in his arm/shoulder and then the same day the colts training staff reported manning is making good progress with no setbacks. tired of this crap.

To be fair, he worded in a way that said 'this type of injury COULD amount to muscle atrophy'. He obviously didn't have access to Peyton. They all give their opinions and most of the time they're speaking out of their ...

The Sirius guys will be in camp Thursday, it will be interesting to see if Peyton talks to them.

Ooorrrrrr maybe they are telling the truth, i mean has anyone actually seen peyton throw? when they asked caldwell how he's doing all he said was "he's coming along"... Plus the sudden change in acquiring players on the defensive side of the ball begs the question is peyton really as healthy as indy media says.

Ooorrrrrr maybe they are telling the truth, i mean has anyone actually seen peyton throw? when they asked caldwell how he's doing all he said was "he's coming along"... Plus the sudden change in acquiring players on the defensive side of the ball begs the question is peyton really as healthy as indy media says.

Yes, thousands have seen him throw with decent velocity. But don't let that stop a good conspiracy theory!

Call Michael Moore.

nfl network showed a video clip last week of peyton throwing which makes the recent comments even worse.

I mean you would expect this article to mention peyton at least throwing the ball but all it says is he was running.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-09/peyton-panic-colts-play-it-cool-with-mannings-rehab

But then IndyStar's article says he was running and throwing... and then it says "one person" who saw him throw. Leaving me to believe that this practice was private and not in the view or fans... or maybe im just reading into things too much.

Jamie Dukes "Indy might not make the playoffs this year".... :whiteflag:

Dangit...seasons over already guys. Lets close this thing up and hope for better next year.

Some of the absolute gems NFL Network was put out in the last few years:

1) This is Houston's year, they will make the playoffs (repeat this about 60 times per off-season)

2) Peyton will never win the big game

3) Indy will go 10-6 (said multiple times, followed by us going 12+ wins the next year)

4) Losing Dungy will hurt this team a lot and they won't make it to the playoffs

5) Indy's playoff run stops this year (repeat many times per off-season)

6) Peyton has losed muscle in his arm so he will not be throwing as well (courtesy of Mike Lombardi)

Jamie Dukes "Indy might not make the playoffs this year".... :whiteflag:

Dangit...seasons over already guys. Lets close this thing up and hope for better next year.

Way to go out on a limb, Mr. Dukes!

EVERY team "might" not make the playoffs.

Jamie Dukes is a bit of a tool. He LOVES to hear himself talk. He's his own biggest fan.

nfl network showed a video clip last week of peyton throwing which makes the recent comments even worse.

Throwing when? From what i remember reading from the Star, Phil Wilson said a colleague of his saw him throwing with decent velocity last week. I also thought i remember hearing that TV cameras were not allowed so not sure how they would have got that footage.

As for Lombardi, he's been right in regards to injuries and the Colts before. It was him that reported Manning had a 2nd knee surgery which nobody believed. Turned out to be true, the Colts wouldn't admit it though, not until Manning admitted it halfway through the season. He also had a report that the Colts were concerned last year that Bob Sanders may never play football again. Well, he did, for half a qtr, and now he is no longer a Colt. I'm not saying he is right this time, but i wouldn't trust anything you hear from the Colts any more then i would trust what Lombardi says. The Colts have a long history of being less then honest in regards to injuries.