Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Robbed Of 5 Seconds !! Lost Time ((Merge))

dw49

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Huge bunch of *s . Pittman goes Ob with 19 seconds left. Colts get to LOC and they start the clock . Clock goes down to 14 seconds. Huge difference in next play call.

The refs helped us with the fumble..  it all adds up

Really inexcusable not one member of the colts saw this. Could have been corrected as they were in a time out.

Just now, The Old Crow said:

The fumble should have been called. Bad review call. 

So that means they should let the clock run on the next play ? 

1 minute ago, The Old Crow said:

Game should have been over 

Sometimes they don't overturn calls that are close. I agree it looked to be a fumble. It has nothing to do with them running the clock in that situation. I don't understand what you don't get about that. The Colts were on the wrong side of  luck the whole game. FG hit uprights. Allen fumble would normally be lost . Buff had the benefit of 2 big replays that were impossible to determine. That said the Bills one and the Colts lost. None of that has anything to do with them running the clock and preventing the Colts from running a chunk play over the middle. 

10 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Huge bunch of *s . Pittman goes Ob with 19 seconds left. Colts get to LOC and they start the clock . Clock goes down to 14 seconds. Huge difference in next play call.

Thank you!   I thought the same thing, except I think we lost mire.   I thought Pittman was OOB with :21 to go.   And the clock kept running until :19.

Then, somehow it started again as the teams approached the line of scrimmage.   We snapped at :14.   I didn’t get that?

Something seemed very wrong. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Thank you!   I thought the same thing, except I think we lost mire.   I thought Pittman was OOB with :21 to go.   And the clock kept running until :19.

Then, somehow it started again as the teams approached the line of scrimmage.   We snapped at :14.   I didn’t get that?

Someone upstairs should have called that down. Terrible job by Colt staff. Huge difference as Buff only had to defend the sideline .

3 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Sometimes they don't overturn calls that are close. I agree it looked to be a fumble. It has nothing to do with them running the clock in that situation. I don't understand what you don't get about that. The Colts were on the wrong side of  luck the whole game. FG hit uprights. Allen fumble would normally be lost . Buff had the benefit of 2 big replays that were impossible to determine. That said the Bills one and the Colts lost. None of that has anything to do with them running the clock and preventing the Colts from running a chunk play over the middle. 

I was pulling for you guys, but that was a bad call and it should have ended the game right there. That was a huge break for the Colts. 

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

Someone upstairs should have called that down. Terrible job by Colt staff. Huge difference as Buff only had to defend the sideline .

Probably the same guy who said we should challenge.  It was so obvious.  

Frank cost us 4, As did Turay.  

41 minutes ago, dw49 said:

The ref ruled Pittman fumbled backwards on that play. I never saw the replay, but Im guessing he had better vies than me, but that is what was ruled.

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Pittman fumbled backwards, I caught the ref making the call live, but as mentioned above broadcast missed it.

Oh please! As opposed to the 3 times the Colts Offense had ZERO in the clock and still haven’t hiked the ball? Also that nonsense fumble that was called back? Plz! You lost a good game. Take it and move on. It was a great game. Stop complaining cause you didn’t get your way. Geez.... 

24 minutes ago, Arod3024 said:

Oh please! As opposed to the 3 times the Colts Offense had ZERO in the clock and still haven’t hiked the ball? Also that nonsense fumble that was called back? Plz! You lost a good game. Take it and move on. It was a great game. Stop complaining cause you didn’t get your way. Geez.... 

Yeah, the refs didn’t cost us this game.  We shot ourselves in the foot.

As for the play clock, did you hear Steratore’s explanation?  Zero doesn’t mean zero.  Think of a basketball clock in the last minute of a period.  It doesn’t go from 1 second to zero seconds.  It goes from 1.0 seconds to 0.9.

Those weren’t bad calls.  Pascal’s fumble was.

Has their been an explaination for the lost time.

When Pascuel was downed their was 44 seconds. The play continued to run when he got  up but the play was call down and reviewed at 44 seconds. Instead the next play started at around 32 seconds. 

On Buffalo's last time out their were 19 seconds on the clock the colts ran the play that took the clock down to 15 seconds but the bill were given a timeout. So the play clock should have been 19 seconds. 

Total of 15 seconds which would have left timme to attack the middle of the field.

Frank and Staff should have caught this as well.

6 minutes ago, boltfan said:

I was screaming at the TV when they only put 14 seconds on the clock as opposed to 19!!! That 5 seconds would have given the Colts to throw in the middle of the field to get in FG range and spike the ball!!! That was huge!!!

Pittman fumbled the ball backwards. The clock running was the right call.

They put :14 back on the clock from :12 because Bills called a TO with :14 left. Which they shouldn't of had in the first place(used to hold up review, but given it back) but actually worked in our favor giving us 2 extra seconds.

3 hours ago, dw49 said:

You know something,  I thought we lost a bit more. Every second precious so if you complete pass up the middle you can rush up and spike ball and setup field goal. 

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You know something,  I thought we lost a bit more. Every second precious so if you complete pass up the middle you can rush up and spike ball and setup field goal. 

Evidently the officials were correct running the clock as Pittman fumbled OB backwards. So it was all on our execution on that last drive. Running out of time with 2:30 is not efficient in the least.

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah, the announcers were like, "they need to get this to the outside." I mean... did we really? At the time we had like 14 seconds. Seems enough to go up the middle and spike it. But kind of risky ig

Archived