Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So this is the WR group that’s going to hold up the next month lol ?????

Riversrun

This has to be a joke right ??? Please tell me they make a trade !!! No move we maybe win 8 games tops .Bargain Basement shopping and we are suppose to buy in ? Not a chance !!! Either Give Rivers some elite players or this is a bottom basement team period .No talent No ring waste of time .

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a small chance that Pittman could return sooner than people think, maybe not immediately after the bye, but soon.

Johnson was an absolute weapon, give him more snaps!

TY is still drawing coverage and making plays, even if they are wiped out by penalty or allowing other guys to make plays.

Pascal is serviceable. 

It’s not the worst WR cast we’ve ever had. If we can keep afloat, Campbell may be back in December too, in time to get back into the groove for a playoff run.

I think the return of Mo Allie-Cox will take some pressure off of the WR's.

He, Doyle, and Burton should give opposing teams a few headaches.

Paschal, Johnson, and Hilton aren't the world's worst WR trio.

And both JT and Hines are significant threats out of the backfield.

Is this Duper and Clayton?  Is this Marvin, Reggie, and Stokely?  No way.  Not at all.

But it's sufficient to build an offense around while Pittman and Campbell work their way back to health.

If they can win 2 out of the next 5 games, it puts them 6-5 going into a winnable game vs the Texans, in December, with hopefully everybody back.  3 out of the next 5 games may be too much to ask, but you never know.

Crossing fingers.

1 hour ago, Riversrun said:

This has to be a joke right ??? Please tell me they make a trade !!! No move we maybe win 8 games tops .Bargain Basement shopping and we are suppose to buy in ? Not a chance !!! Either Give Rivers some elite players or this is a bottom basement team period .No talent No ring waste of time .

Sigh 

4 hours ago, Riversrun said:

Off your meds, Rr?

I doubt that trade happens, unless it results in good value regardless of position. 

If you listen to Ballard this team is built from the insides out. There are other teams out there with great wide receivers (Dallas & Atlanta off the top of my head) that aren't very good teams. 

I get that you really like Rivers the player, but the colts are about the entire team.

I wouldn't mind a WR pick up, but to say we're going to go 3-7 without a move is pretty silly. 

Pittman is a rook, and has been injured. Incredibly silly to write him off so soon. Johnson, aside from the one drop, played very very well last game. We've had several guys look the part at times, but injuries have slowed/stunted development. Mo coming back, Pittman coming back, Burton finally did something, etc. to go along with Doyle, TY, and Pascal. I wish they'd move TY to slot and stop trying to make him the centerpiece of the O. Way too many 1st read forces to him. 

Anyway, we have a lot of big contracts coming up, and a huge ? at QB still, so I don't see Ballard going big short or long term for a WR. If he were to do something, it would be someone looking to escape, a team wanting to deal, or simply a #2 or #3 type of guy. If anything, I'd think he'd wait for the draft and go 2nd or 3rd round. 2021 draft class is supposed to be high quality again for WRs.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I wouldn't mind a WR pick up, but to say we're going to go 3-7 without a move is pretty silly. 

Pittman is a rook, and has been injured. Incredibly silly to write him off so soon. Johnson, aside from the one drop, played very very well last game. We've had several guys look the part at times, but injuries have slowed/stunted development. Mo coming back, Pittman coming back, Burton finally did something, etc. to go along with Doyle, TY, and Pascal. I wish they'd move TY to slot and stop trying to make him the centerpiece of the O. Way too many 1st read forces to him. 

Anyway, we have a lot of big contracts coming up, and a huge ? at QB still, so I don't see Ballard going big short or long term for a WR. If he were to do something, it would be someone looking to escape, a team wanting to deal, or simply a #2 or #3 type of guy. If anything, I'd think he'd wait for the draft and go 2nd or 3rd round. 2021 draft class is supposed to be high quality again for WRs.

He's a troll just looking to stir everyone up 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

He rarely if ever has anything remotely positive to say nor anything credible at all.

Negative doesn't equate to troll though. Personally, I always try to wait till mid season to go all in on anything negative lol. There's only 3 or 4 players/coaches/issues rising up my list though.

There's several on here that are hot take machines, so our credibility bar is set pretty low... 

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Negative doesn't equate to troll though. Personally, I always try to wait till mid season to go all in on anything negative lol. There's only 3 or 4 players/coaches/issues rising up my list though.

There's several on here that are hot take machines, so our credibility bar is set pretty low... 

To me it does when you spout the same trash on anything you post.

He posted about us needing a WR and winning 7 games about 3 to 5 times in a row.

He's just doing it to upset people.

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

How could he?  He's been hurt the last two games.

Thank you.    Appreciate that. 

But actually, Pittman has been hurt the last THREE WEEKS.   Got hurt in the Jets game.   He’s missed three weeks.   We will be fortunate if he can come back against Detroit.  

Here’s hoping...  

@EastStreet 

12 hours ago, Riversrun said:

No playoffs without a trade for an elite WR .7 wins tops .

I give us a 2 percent chance and 1 and done if a miracle happens ...without making a significant trade at WR there is no playoffs for this lack of talent at WR  .

TY Hilton is cooked done gonzo .Either we make a significant Trade for an elite WR or we get Clowned the rest of the season bank on that .

6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

He's a troll just looking to stir everyone up 

He is probably a Rivers fan who wants the Colts to maximize Philip's chances to succeed. I see that with all these new "Vikings fans" who are only Cousins fans. They blame everyone else for Cousins failures. One Cousins fan said that Cousins' stats make him the second best QB in the history of the NFL.  :facepalm:  It is funny what one can do with volume stats. Lol.

Its starting to get clear how spoiled the chargers have been at WR. 

Let me clear some things up on the Colts last few years. The oline was near bottom of the league. 

The defensive line was non existent 

Who was playing at linebacker? No one. 

The defensive back field was in shambles 

This team pretty much consisted of Andrew Luck, Jack Doyle, Frank Gore, and Marlin Mack. 

This year, the two up and coming most talented WRs on this team are injured (Micheal Pittman, Parris Cambell) 

The TE group has been in and out of games. Every talented TE we have has missed several games. 

So my question is where do you come off acting like you know what this team is about because you've watched 6 games of Colts football? 

I guess this is as good a time as any to bring up a slightly off topic rant. 

What exactly is a troll, and who is the self-proclaimed arbiter of truth that has taken it upon themselves to tell us who a troll is.?

The over sensitive and dramatic guy who reads a post and then is in the minority who get upset by it?  Is he the Troll labeler?

Wouldn't the fact that since about 80% of readers never get upset enough at any given post to comment on it...IOW they ignore it.....by definition mean that there is virtually no such thing as a troll?  How come the sensitive 20% get to be in-charge of telling the rest of us who a troll is?

Never understood that.  

Just move on.

25 minutes ago, bleed blue 4 life said:

Do people not know ty is being taken out of the game ? My gosh people what does belicheck do every game ???? Take your best reciever away .why is it no one sees this ????

In TYs prime Belichick doubled him. I am not seeing that now. Yes he has had mostly CB1 coverage but he played better when he was younger. That said Rivers has always favored possession receivers over speed guys.

12 hours ago, a06cc said:

Pittman so far has shown me nothing to warrant the pick. Let’s see what he does once he returns. 

What would a rookie WR need to show you?  

Most fans are completely unrealistic about the production of rookie WRs.  He looked like a guy that would go over the middle and make tough catches to me, and we really need a guy like that.

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

No sheet Sherlock, but in the games he’s played he hasn’t done anything. stealers getting the most out of Claypool though.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

We should have drafted claypool 

Thank you Captain and Lieutenant Hindsight.

39 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Most fans are completely unrealistic about the production of rookie WRs.  He looked like a guy that would go over the middle and make tough catches to me, and we really need a guy like that.

I agree.   He only had 12 balls thrown his way and he caught 9 of them.   I recall a couple where he showed great hands.   

57 minutes ago, Nickster said:

No we are not thinking unrealistic.  You look around the league. Other teams Rookie WR’s are doing well. He can get that inside slant all day because of his size. I’m not talking negative about him be any means. Once he returns he has to help out TY and be that number 2 guy. 

53 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Right now 2 rookies are in the top 7 for receiving yards with approximately 500 yards each. 5 rookies are in the top 45 in receiving yards. Right now the Colts have 73 yards from their rookie. 

Last year there were 5 rookies with more than 700 yards. The Colts got 127 yards from their rookie.

Given where the Colts players were drafted is it unreasonable to expect more? 

If you look around the league throughout the years, very few receivers produce much as rookies.  

Claypool has produced the last couple of weeks for an excellent passing offense with key guys out.

YOu are premature if you are thinking you are anyone knows that we "Should have" drafted Claypool over pittman.  I am not saying it isn't going to rurn out to be accurate, but you and no one else has any idea whether it is true in the future.

Archived