Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Funny reddit post from Jets fan

AKB

It is still 11 vs 11 and we have to execute on the field. With all their WRs out (Perriman and Crowder), it is going to be real hard for them to move the ball on the outside. We just need to take away the middle with their RBs and TEs and we will gain on them as the game goes on.  Would be nice to have another double digit win.

This rant is not at the OP....just a notion I see here and there...

Over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over........we see good teams get beat by teams we thought were bad......and see bad teams rise up and embarrass teams that were unbeatable. 

Why oh why, do fans continue to carry arrogance or defeatist thoughts pre game to anyone? Why?

Look at what it did to this board in week one. I mean, the Colts couldn't possibly lose to the Jags.....they are the worst team in the league! Their QB is low grade! Then, after beating us, they barely missed beating a really good Tennessee team. Or are they? THen, they get whacked by the Fins. See my point?

If the Colts beat the Jets by one point......just one point, I am happy as a fan. Needing a large margin of victory over a seemingly weak opponent, to satisfy one's frail belief in their team, is certainly a curious notion at best. 

But, as usual, my crotchety attitude should probably take a hike. Carry on.............

40 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over........we see good teams get beat by teams we thought were bad......and see bad teams rise up and embarrass teams that were unbeatable. 

Why oh why, do fans continue to carry arrogance or defeatist thoughts pre game to anyone? Why?

Look at what it did to this board in week one. I mean, the Colts couldn't possibly lose to the Jags.....they are the worst team in the league! Their QB is low grade! Then, after beating us, they barely missed beating a really good Tennessee team. Or are they? THen, they get whacked by the Fins. See my point?

If the Colts beat the Jets by one point......just one point, I am happy as a fan. Needing a large margin of victory over a seemingly weak opponent, to satisfy one's frail belief in their team, is certainly a curious notion at best. 

But, as usual, my crotchety attitude should probably take a hike. Carry on.............

Just win, baby. NFL teams, even the seemingly bad ones, have some of the world's top athletes. No team can be completely counted out. 

11 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Screenshot 2020-09-25 025700.png

I was in disbelief when the Jets hired Gase after his dumpster fire tenure in Miami.  I mean...what did he do there that made somebody else say “That’s our guy!  That’s who we need!”

And then the whole Le’Veon drama...the trade-up they made with us...and various other questionable moves they’ve made.

Jets gonna Jet, I guess.

I’m a little surprised by how confident some of us are when this Colts team lost to the “lowly” Jags just 2 weeks ago.  There are no gimmes in this league. Our Colts better come to play if they want to win. Can’t just roll our helmets on the field and expect to coast to victory.  The thing is this....can the Colts play to their standard against the bad teams of this league or will their level of play sink to the level of the mediocre opponents they face?  Thus far the Colts have been very inconsistent on that front.  Who knows what Colts team will show up on Sunday? 

14 hours ago, Flash7 said:

If the Colts are truly a team destined for the playoffs, then this is a game that they must win. They need to start showing that they can dominate against the teams that they are supposed to.

Win.  The must dominate and thourougly trash the Jets if they hope to establish themselves as a play off team going forward. The Jets 3 top receivers r injured. If this game is close.....turn out the lights.

15 hours ago, Four2itus said:

yeah i just thought it was funny to see other fans exaggerate like we do on our board. 

21 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah i just thought it was funny to see other fans exaggerate like we do on our board. 

Yeah but in this case I'm not sure if the Jets fan base are exaggerating ?

IMO Gase seems to be a pretty * poor head coach.

It's too early to tell if Joe Douglas is going to be a good GM as he has only been here 1 year previous to this year.

He has an impressive past. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah but in this case I'm not sure if the Jets fan base are exaggerating ?

IMO Gase seems to be a pretty * poor head coach.

It's too early to tell if Joe Douglas is going to be a good GM as he has only been here 1 year previous to this year.

He has an impressive past. 

yeah they are pretty bad. 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

yeah they are pretty bad. 

tbh, reminds me of Grigson colts teams with luck.

On 9/25/2020 at 7:22 AM, Smonroe said:

As a little kid, I remember that I couldn’t wait for the Colts to beat up on the Jets.

I think it was in January, 1969.   

Yep, I remember...one of the worst days ever for the Colts franchise.

And Namath goes to the HOF with more career INTs than TDs.

22 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

I think we all can relate to this guy though. Back in 2011 we wanted the Colts to tank for Andrew Luck. 2012-2017 we wanted Pagano and Grigson gone.

I don't think Joe Douglas's (GM) job is in jeopardy. Nor should it be. Last season was his first year. He is turning that roster over. 

Archived