Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JT Unimpressive

Nickster

Looked awful.  Can’t make the edge.  Looked dancy up the middle.  Had the one good gain in the pass where he ran over the CB 20 yds downfield.  Wisco RBs are like Japanese receivers to me. I’ll believe it when I see it. That KC kid looks way better than Taylor.  RBs should be able to come in and produce right away in many cases.  I hope I eat crow but I’m not seeing it.  Was definitely the 3rd option.  

Nothing  was encouraging today.  Except Campbell.  Dline was terrible.  When Mack went we could not run.  Boy oh boy we looked bad.  Rivers looked awful in decision making.  I was a big fan of the signing.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he looked electric, the O line was producing many holes at all today. He showed much better hands that was given credit for, world class speed the 1-2 Taylor and Hines combo will have a huge season. Depending who Colts bring up to replace Mack (Bruce Anderson or an outside back) the injury could put Taylor at top of ROY race

I thought he looked a little tentative on a few runs, probably zigged when he should have zagged on a couple of plays.  Other than that, I have no complaints.  He went from rookie who would spell the starter in Mack to becoming the co-starter with Hines in his first NFL game (remember no preseason either) in one quarter.  Losing Mack hurt BIG.  JT I'm not worried about.  I think he'll be fine.  Same for Pittman.  Remember, no preseason is going to hurt some of these rookies.  When these two guys figure things out and get a little more experience I think they'll be weapons for us.  

He had 22 yds on 9 carries. 

Just now, NannyMcafee said:

9 carries with rivers throwing it 41+ times. 

Colts decided that the running game isn't their strength. 

Today's loss is on Frank. 

I thought the play calling was horrible.  Mack was rolling and they run a 185 lb guy on 4th and 1.  Then you put JB one of the literally slowest QBs in the league on in a option.  Cute Frank. 

I am pretty sure the staff do not think JT is ready.

will ferrell chill GIF

32 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Looked awful.  Can’t make the edge.  Looked dancy up the middle.  Had the one good gain in the pass where he ran over the CB 20 yds downfield.  Wisco RBs are like Japanese receivers to me. I’ll believe it when I see it. That KC kid looks way better than Taylor.  RBs should be able to come in and produce right away in many cases.  I hope I eat crow but I’m not seeing it.  Was definitely the 3rd option.  

Nothing  was encouraging today.  Except Campbell.  Dline was terrible.  When Mack went we could not run.  Boy oh boy we looked bad.  Rivers looked awful in decision making.  I was a big fan of the signing.

5 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Taylor looked pretty explosive and had 89 yards from scrimmage, running game was pretty rough but they abandoned it late.  He definitely was not the problem lol. 

I think they realize Taylor is not ready between the tackles.  

hope I’m wrong boys but he did not look good running it.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Today’s loss is on Rivers and that awful defense

Frank knows what rivers is. The way he played was rivers football. The point in having rivers was to get a guy who can be quick with his reads and checkdowns to intermediate throws. 

The run game was supposed to be priorty number 1. Who cares if they know we are gonna run it? Just run the damn ball. 

The defense didn't help. They were quiet. But the game was winnable. Very winnable... 

I liked signing rivers because I thought they werent going to rely solely on his arm to win games. Apparently that isn't so. 

Frank continues to say we have great players and then he never uses them. 

Rivers was supposed to compliment the running game. Even with Mack going down, they acted like they have zero faith in the other RBs on this team. Run the damn ball!

Just now, Nickster said:

I think they realize Taylor is the ready between the tackles.  

hope I’m wrong boys but he did not look good running it.

No not today in the run game, but he looked fantastic in the passing game.  I thought he looked explosive when he was out in the open and he did barrel people over.  We'll see how he does next week because if what they say about Mack is true, Taylor's production just went up significantly.  

1 minute ago, AllLivesMatter said:

will ferrell chill GIF

I’m cool.  I’ve had several glasses of Jameson and both of my fantasy teams are rolling.

I’m telling you right now we are in trouble at RB with Mack probably out for the year.  This performance was against an org tanking for Lawrence.  

Just now, Nickster said:

I’m cool.  I’ve had several glasses of Jameson and both of my fantasy teams are rolling.

I’m telling you right now we are in trouble at RB with Mack probably out for the year.  This performance was against an org tanking for Lawrence.  

I wouldn't be too critical of him in his first game, especially with no pre-season. Lets wait until a few games in and see how he goes. And 89 yards from scrimmage is a good days work when your not the starter for half the game. He should be ok.

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

I wouldn't be too critical of him in his first game, especially with no pre-season. Lets wait until a few games in and see how he goes. And 89 yards from scrimmage is a good days work when your not the starter for half the game. He should be ok.

Like I said in the first post, the 35 yd initial reception was fine but they had the d completely fooled and he didn’t get touched until he trucked a corner at the 5.  And Reich was reluctant to play him even after Macks injury. 

we shall see.  This was s loss to Jax.

8 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Looks like they didn't get your memo to tank.

3 minutes ago, ColtOriolePrime said:

JT was better in  the passing game than I expected, but I did not see a fluid and instinctive runner. 

Compare for example Kamara with the Saints hitting the whole with what we saw from JT today.  Not saying JT cannot get much better, it is like comparing a pro with a high school rb. 

Lol. This is a player in his first game. Kamara is in his 4th year. You can't compare the two. Give the rookie time.

43 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I thought he looked electric, the O line was producing many holes at all today. He showed much better hands that was given credit for, world class speed the 1-2 Taylor and Hines combo will have a huge season. Depending who Colts bring up to replace Mack (Bruce Anderson or an outside back) the injury could put Taylor at top of ROY race

Wilkins?

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

You obviously didn’t watch very much of the game. Taylor was churning when he was in. Made play after play. For some stupid reason the coaches kept going back to Hines in short yardage situations. 

13 minutes ago, Nickster said:

The other 2 backs had 54 yds on 11 carries.  JT had 22 on 9.  

This guy is supposed to b explosive between the tackles and he looked like Ron Dayne or Trent Richardson to me between the tackles.

He also had several big gains called back for nonsense penalties like that one on Jack Doyle 

The other 2 backs had 54 yds on 11 carries.  JT had 22 on 9.  

This guy is supposed to b explosive between the tackles and he looked like Ron Dayne or Trent Richardson to me between the tackles.

he had 22 yds on 9 carries.  I suspect she cAnt pass protect yet which is not surprising coming from Wisco and the cornfield game, he may learn to be ok at pass pro.  

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

What hole was opened that taylor missed ? I sure didnt see it and I like many watched the entire game. Comparing just carrys and yards gained without watching when holes were created doesnt make much sense to me .

I’m guessing on film study, his carries won’t look good bud.

i remember a couple times wondering why he didn’t hit it Up in there as advertised.  Very Dane, Richardson looking 

Archived